Does it bother you when other girls stare at you?

I stare at girls somtimes..I actually wouldn't call it staring..more so admiring but I wouldn't do it silently. I'll let them know that they're hot or what it is that's gorgeous about them. I complimented this one girl last week who looked like a model. She had the eyes of god, hehe..she was Italian and Brazilian.

BlueMoonDoll

I'm not a fan of being stared at, I'll often stare back or give them the "WTF is your issue?" look. But here is a fun story!

I've been having trouble with hay fever, which means I've been wearing my oh so cute glasses (black, slight cat eye, perrrfect for me) for once. I was out to lunch with my pregnant best friend and my good friend. The best friend is currently sporting E cups and not looking very prego. Maybe just a bit chubby (it is her first) and always decent but it is GA and hot. So she wears whatever she can find that won't make her die from heat stroke. My other friend is a sweet gal who on this day threw on her boyfriend's tshirt and said, "I slept two hours." So, as usual, I was the most put together. At the resturant I feel eyes on me and I turn my head to find the owner (I can't see out of the corner of my eye in glasses. I'm dreadfully near sighted) and catch this sweaty guy staring at me. I turn away, making a mental note that he is sitting with two kids and having Brady Bunch fantasies. So, we eat and my friend pokes me and says, "Erm...that guy..." was still looking at me. I got up and had to go to the bathroom. He stared at me as I walked PAST him, his eyes followed me (friends reported) and when I came BACK the woman at his table turned around and gave me a death stare that actually made me pause in my stride. So I gave her the "WTF?" look and kept walking. According to my friend, they watched me walk out of the resturant. I don;t know WHY is my issue. I'm a decent looking girl, sure, but not THAT great. I was wearing jeans and a tank with a cardigan over it... I don't think I would have minded SO much had she not given me the death stare. :-(

Willa

I don't get stared at a lot, but when it happens it's usually because of my funky earrings or my flashy makeup... so I don't care. The other day a girl stared at me in a bad way, I had flashy green wedges on... I guess she was either trying to figure where I bought them, or she didnt like the look
lol.gif

At the office, there's this girl who ALWAYS stares at me, and believe me she's starting to get on my nerves. She has a handicap, in a wheelchair. I know she works with a group of people that most of them have a mental deficiency (if I may translate from french like that, sorry don't know the real word)... so maybe she also has something like that, I don't know her.

But the fact is, EVERYDAY when she comes in, she passes in front of our office and she STOPS in front of it and stare at me, and then she leave. Same thing after work, and when she sees me in the building...
th_dunno.gif

It's annoying since I dont know what she wants o_0

Sass

No. I usually ask "what the problem is?" It throws people off. I always come out making new friends in the process. Just ask.

bextacyaddict

id depends. if they kinda glare at me, i glare at em back

if there looking at something they like eg. clothes, make up id smile at them or ignore them and think "yup i look fly" LOL

lafemmenoir

*vent disclaimer*
I am so happy for this post, I think about this often. I know by nature we are a curious lot. I also accept my style may give reason for the looks so that I get, but what gets me is when people talk to my hair, makeup, piercing etc. I have a coworker who checks my hair out the whole time she talks to me. Why not just ask me what I've done to it, or what have you? I have lowered myself to staring at her hair too. My hair isn't on point every day nor is my makeup, but dang.
The other times is the "pack" stare. One looks, notices something and tells her associate(s) and they then catch a glance as if I am too daft to catch it.
Simple stares *shrug* human nature, I get many of my clothes, makeup, hairstyles, etc. from others, immitation is the best form of flattery so I don't hate on women who have the courage to rock their own style, but I don't overtly stare without giving a smile if caught. *rant over kthxbai*

Arisone

It doesn't bother me at all when my makeup looks amazing. If I get glares I shrug it off. When I see women who have great taste in fashion and makeup I stare (but don't make it so obvious). As for those who glare, I assume they're jealous.

DILLIGAF

For me it depends on the stare. I get plenty of women out here checking out my hair to see if it's real. Of course there are the men that stare at my boobs. I figure its because im somewhat tall and I'm proud to be an Amazon. Most of the time I shrug it off and keep it moving.

HeavenLeiBlu

People stare at me for so many reasons, that it's hard to gauge WHY they're staring.

It could be my weight ( I'm fat, LOL), my height ( In sneakers, I'm taller than a lot of chicks in stilettos), my hair ( depending on where I am, people still either hate it or marvel at it), my makeup, or my funky jewelry.

I've learned to either engage people by looking them in the eyes and smiling, and if that doesn't elicit a positive response, I just ignore them.

Does it bother me? Yeah sometimes, but not for long. I'm to old to be worried about that kinda shit.

MsChrys79

NOPE! I usually know that they're staring because I'm 6'1... with a nice figure..which I guess is a rarity???.. also, I just chock it up to the fact that I may look nice, and they may want to compliment me but arent sure how. who knows...who cares.... they'll be ok either way...

PinkFluffyDice

I think a lot of the time we take is personally and think it's just us, I definately use to, and constantly asked myself and others why other women seem to have a staring problem. I suppose I probably wear more makeup at times, or my hairs always a point of conversation, but nonetheless, one of my current jobs involves me spending a lot of my day looking out from my counter into a very busy shopping hall, and it happens to every female. Sadly, even young ladies minding their own business, dressed in a forgettable way get hated on and they're completely oblivious. Basically, I know a lot of my girlfriends, my sisters etc take it personally but having observed crowds for such extended periods, regardless of your dress sense, age, appearance etc, it happens to all of us. Maybe we can start to make our daughters, sisters, mothers less self conscious by throwing a smile here n there when we catch ourselves doing it for whatever reason. All for the sisterhood lol
smiles.gif

5twenty3

This happened to met at work today! From the time the girl walked in the door til the time i left, she stared! I think she was staring because im the new living instructor at their rehab center and shes never seen me before. Everytime i looked up, she was staring and would look away. This went on for like 10 minutes. I was so annoyed.

kimmy

it makes me super uncomfortable, and i usually end up giving them a dirty look even though i don't always mean to. i guess i just go straight to defense mode.

mistella

i usually dont notice but when i do, it makes me super nervous. i get a lot of anxiety when im out by myself and i try not to make eye contact with people, i wear sunglasses ALOT. im weird, i know!

hawaii02

What's funny is I usually have kids staring at me with a dumbfounded look on their face. I know that my hair can get frizzy, but what else why would they stare?
lol.gif

User67

Okay, so there is this one chick that is driving my crazy with the staring! I work at the MAC counter inside Macy's & when I walk into the mall the first store I pass is a Gordan's Jewelers. There is this one lady in there who stares at me every singe time I pass her store! Like with no shame! There is a little rest area in front of the Macy's with big comfy chairs & couches & if I sit there on my lunch break, she is staring at me the whole time to the point where it makes me uncomfortable. I have been trying to figure out something I can say to her in a nice way to let her know that I really don't appreciate the staring.

MissResha

it doesn't bother me at all. im usually staring at their butts anyway.

i just hate it when dudes stare at me, cuz they look creepy doing it.

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
it doesn't bother me at all. im usually staring at their butts anyway.

i just hate it when dudes stare at me, cuz they look creepy doing it.

Sooooo true about the guys...they either look totally creepy, or totally stupid.

Speaking of staring...MissResha, I miss seeing your dreamy bedroom eyes staring back at me under your name...hahaha.
greengrin.gif
Sorry, I know I'm a dork.

L1LMAMAJ

i do feel uncomfortable when girls stare at me sometimes. i feel like they're judging me on my makeup. they either like it or they wanna criticize it. i never get rude comments about my makeup and i get lots of compliments but when they don't say anything, i feel like they're judging me in a negative way. i hope i don't sound like i'm bragging cuz i'm really not. i just feel awkward when stare at me (sometimes from head to toe) and they just look away (even after making eye contact) and not even bothering to crack a smile.