Does it bother you when other girls stare at you?

LMD84

the past week i've been wearing super bright eye make up to work - because it's summer and it makes me happy! been getting lots of stares from guys and girls. one customer called up the shop and asked to speak to 'the girl with unusual eye make up' so it ovbiously is my make up tehy're looking at! dunno if that's a good or bad thing though!!

1165Cheryl

It depends on what the look is, if there glaring at me in a mean way then I dont like it. If they are just checking me out then it doesnt bother me.

Eoraptor

I agree it completely depends on the kind of stare. I get more than my fair share of course, but I do wear dramatic makeup because I like being seen that way, so I usually have no problems with it. Of course those few people with the confused/disgusted stares are annoying.

MaskedBeauty

Oh boy, don't even get me started on this subject!! LOL!! I freakin HATE when people stare. its one of my biggest pet peeves and seriously pisses me off. I just wanna be like "WTF are you looking at!??!!??" Doesn't matter if its guys or girls it just bugs me in general. And the one that bugs me the MOST is when its a girl that you've never seen before and they're like hella giving you dirty looks and shit. God that bugs me!!! K i'm done with my rant! lol!

blazeno.8

I normally don't like it coming from anyone, but I feel more creeped out when guys stare. As for women, it depends on who's staring.

kabuki_KILLER

Maybe she thinks you're hot. =]

In all seriousness, I find it more creepy when guys stare at me. They d that more in Japan than here. It's odd because I'm asian. I shouldn't be stared at. Maybe that's like a form of communication for them, telepathy.

I usually don't notice when people stare at me unless they keep staring, even if you look at them back and make it clear through eye contact you don't appreciate it. Otherwise, it shouldn't really matter. Most people's eyes wander around and fixate on certain points. It's natural.

Sabiya

Just thank God you don't live in New Zealand.99% girls there love to stare out of jealousy. They usually look away when you catch them but then 90% of white kiwi girls would continue to glare at you if you are not watching. Sometimes, even if they literally look like dogs and dress in rags, these white New Zealand women always thinks they are better and look down on everyone else.

White New Zealand men are even worse if that's even possible. Even the most ugly deformed guy that chooses to dress like homeless persons think they're God's gift to women. They'll blatanly pervy and stare you up and down. They never stop staring or look away even if you try to give them a dirty look.

MichaelaLou

Quote:Originally Posted by Sabiya

Just thank God you don't live in New Zealand.99% girls there love to stare out of jealousy. They usually look away when you catch them but then 90% of white kiwi girls would continue to glare at you if you are not watching. Sometimes, even if they literally look like dogs and dress in rags, these white New Zealand women always thinks they are better and look down on everyone else.

White New Zealand men are even worse if that's even possible. Even the most ugly deformed guy that chooses to dress like homeless persons think they're God's gift to women. They'll blatanly pervy and stare you up and down. They never stop staring or look away even if you try to give them a dirty look.

I'm sure it's not just the white girls. And it's probably not always out of jealousy. Sometimes I find myself unintentionally staring at people because I've noticed something, and it's never out if jealousy :) I don't mind it but if people stare when I look like shit I get self conscious, people often stare, when i have my hair pink, or white blonde and heels whatever. I get stared a lot when I'm out with patients, I don't wear my badge so they'll probably think I'm a money grabber or something shah.

Babylard

I usually don't notice if I'm being stared at. When I do, its usually not a girl, but a very creepy guy. LOL If a girl stares, I just assume they think I'm cute ;D;D;D It still makes me uncomfortable. I don't want people approaching me :< (The anti-social in me doesn't want to make contact with strangers)

I taught my bf who has to deal with difficult customers is to bat your eyelashes and smile at people who are hating/angry/giving you "bad" looks. Otherwise don't worry. I had a guy ask if I was staring at him and to be honest, I had to tell him I was staring past him out the window. xD It might be your imagination or it might be a rude person or it might be someone admiring. People have eyes so they will look, don't let it bother you too much.

If I'm staring at someone, I'm probably admiring something.

bosskitty

Yes i hate it! You never know what someone else is thinking and i always tend to think rather negatively about myself.

cutemiauw

No, it doesn't bother me. I sometimes unconsciously stare at other girls when I think they are pretty or if the make up looks really good on them and then I try to figure out what they are wearing... so I thought if someone does that to me, they might think of the same thing ;).

I'll try to remind myself more to not do this anymore because now I know it made some of you uncomfortable.

What really bothers me, though, is when some creepy looking guy stares at me
wondering.gif

Anneri

No, it doesn't bother me. I take it as a compliment! *g*
Whenever I rock bright makeup or sport a red lip it makes me happy too. I normally don't realise that people are staring, but sometimes my boyfriend points it out to me. I'm really okay with it, because whenever I start to get uncomfortable at the thought of me drawing attention to myself I think about how drab and dull people dress usually in this city.
I once had a really strange encounter with a lady on the underground who stared on my fascinator. I often wear hats, and apparently this fascinator didn't agree with her - she stared, raised her eyebrow, stared some more - and I gave her my sweetest smile, which embarrassed her. Heh.

So, bottom line is - you look fab, and color doesn't hurt anybody. Go for it if your work environment supports it!

MsButterfly

It use to bother me a lot when people stare. If it's a friendly stare I ignore it. If it's a negative or creepy stare I stare back at them.

Jenrbelt

Doesn't phase me, but there is this one lady at my work who will give people the up and down look then say nothing. For some reason that always mekes me paranoid...what is she looking at? Some days I don't care, but when I am in a bad mood I just do it right back!

tats

I like stareing back,see if they look away first lol x
I'm actually the same..
Also it doesn't bother me when somebody stairs at me.. I's clearly not my problem cos I've got far more important things in my life to worry about..

Judging from myself, I actually stare at someone if they stood out out from the croud either for a good reason or not, but still because they stood out for me... Therefore I think it's not a bad thing. Just think to yourself that they stare at you cos you are gorgeous
greengrin.gif

xStarryEyedX

I hate it lol.. It's hard to read what they're staring at, so it makes me uncomfortable. We were out to eat the other day and I had my Louie Vuitton which I was holding with my hand that has my wrist pierced.. And these 2 girls were staring.. like... STARING A HOLE THROUGH IT.. I didn't know if they thought it was cool, or weird, or were trying to figure out if my purse was real (there aren't many real ones here, so the dark handle may have looked different from what they're used to?)... I just wanted to be like WHAT? But then I look like an asshole. I can never tell if people think things are cool or weird, that's why I never just stare at people. If I like something I tell them, if I don't I look away.

SeattleShells

I feel that it's rude too. I've had the same girl who has a boyfriend give me dirty looks as if I was looking at her boyfriend (and he's not even my type). And it makes me angry because I want to tell her where she can stick that dirty look, but that would altogether be rude. But it's still sooo annoying.
th_wallbash.gif