Fashion Fair

dundada

The Sam Fine Collection sounds like it's going to be fab! FF still needs a kick up the bum regarding marketing, customer service, product availability and international acknowlegement outside Canada and the Caribbean. There are still FF locations up and down the UK but only one side of the northern hemisphere can order from the FF website which is dumb. I wish they'd add more variety to their souffle makeup because you easily go home with the wrong color and they should make it more mattifying.

dundada

I wish I could find out if the Moroccan Spice lipstick is darker or brighter than the awful Ole Orange listick, which some ladies like but baffles me as it looks like an orange highlighter pen. The Sam Fine collection does not come to the UK until the end of March.

mekaboo

I wish I could find out if the Moroccan Spice lipstick is darker or brighter than the awful Ole Orange listick, which some ladies like but baffles me as it looks like an orange highlighter pen. The Sam Fine collection does not come to the UK until the end of March.
I have a swatch of Morrocan Spice, and I love it. You can view it on my Instagram. I am Cutemotherof4

dundada

Yay! I ordered the Amalfi Coast eyeshadow quad, Morrocan Spice, Whispering Rose, Deep Suede and Champagne Toast lipsticks from the Sam Fine Collection and I still want to order two more items! Today I'm wearing two shadows from the Amalfi Coast quad the matte dark brown in my creases and the green shadow around my top and bottom lashes and I'm wearing the Champagne Toast lipstick with it. I don't find the Champagne Toast lipstick to be chalky at all and I can wear it easily without any lip pencil. The best thing about the lipsticks is that you can easily make them look matte, which is what I do and they are all quite moisturizing. The Moroccan Spice lipstick actually looks good on me and doesn't look like a scary highlighter on me after all thank goodness but I'll still wear my MAC Auburn lip pencil with it. I wore just a tiny bit of my FF blush called Warm Sand today. I pray for the day that FF comes out with a transfer-resistant foundation though! Because if you want to wear white or ivory clothes and if you're getting married the other FF foundations will smear on the clothes. Also I'd like for FF to come out with a pressed powder version of their loose powder called Golden.

MAChostage

Intriguing news I just read on Huffington Post: New Goodies From Fashion Fair Fashion Fair Cosmetics is on a roll. The prestige beauty brand for black women, which is owned by Johnson Publishing Company, recently introduced the Sam Fine Supreme Color Collection and now its debuting another fab set of products: The Fashion Fair Four Capsule Collections. In celebration of FFC's 40th anniversary, these colorful sets "celebrate Black beauty and style through the decades and highlight various hues of pink specifically created for women who celebrate life with a touch of luxury," according to the company. Here's a rundown of the goods... The 1970’s Foxy Capsule Collection: A tribute to our founder Eunice W. Johnson, containing feminine soft pink pallets to inspire the Fox in us all. The 1980’s Fresh Capsule Collection: Dedicated to the legacy of the hip-hop era, containing a set of sumptuous warm pink colors evoking fresh beauty. The 1990’s Sensuous Capsule Collection: Reflecting a new evolved era of beauty featuring rich, modern, and bright pink pallets celebrating the sensuality of a woman. The 2000’s Divine Capsule Collection: Capturing the latest and hottest trends in beauty; featuring glamorous and bold pink shades that embody the divine power of beauty. Each set, which retails for $48, comes with lip gloss, lipstick, nail lacquer and beauty blush. And we love the bold images on the packaging, which were captured by photographer Victor Skrebneski. “Fashion Fair is an iconic brand. It was a thrill for me to shoot this campaign and celebrate four decades and four distinct styles of the Fashion Fair woman,” Skrebneski said in a press release. Check out the new Fashion Fair Four Capsule Collections in the slideshow below-- and a look a Sam Fine's signature products.

sagehen

Each set, which retails for $48, comes with lip gloss, lipstick, nail lacquer and beauty blush. And we love the bold images on the packaging, which were captured by photographer Victor Skrebneski. “Fashion Fair is an iconic brand. It was a thrill for me to shoot this campaign and celebrate four decades and four distinct styles of the Fashion Fair woman,” Skrebneski said in a press release. Check out the new Fashion Fair Four Capsule Collections in the slideshow below-- and a look a Sam Fine's signature products.
These are online now, and I wonder if they are in stores (some of the products are permanent so I guess so). Several colors caught my eye, so I am thinking they might be a good re-introduction to FF.

So, ladies, while I was peeking around on the FF website, I came across something that intrigued me greatly: Chocolate Chip blush. does anyone here use this product? Is is matte or does it have shimmer? Do you contour or use it right on the cheekbones? Is there a dupe for it or am I stuck possibly shelling out $17 for it? Is this worth a trip to the mall?

MissTT

Yay! I ordered the Amalfi Coast eyeshadow quad, Morrocan Spice, Whispering Rose, Deep Suede and Champagne Toast lipsticks from the Sam Fine Collection and I still want to order two more items! Today I'm wearing two shadows from the Amalfi Coast quad the matte dark brown in my creases and the green shadow around my top and bottom lashes and I'm wearing the Champagne Toast lipstick with it. I don't find the Champagne Toast lipstick to be chalky at all and I can wear it easily without any lip pencil. The best thing about the lipsticks is that you can easily make them look matte, which is what I do and they are all quite moisturizing. The Moroccan Spice lipstick actually looks good on me and doesn't look like a scary highlighter on me after all thank goodness but I'll still wear my MAC Auburn lip pencil with it. I wore just a tiny bit of my FF blush called Warm Sand today. I pray for the day that FF comes out with a transfer-resistant foundation though! Because if you want to wear white or ivory clothes and if you're getting married the other FF foundations will smear on the clothes. Also I'd like for FF to come out with a pressed powder version of their loose powder called Golden.
Thanks for your review! I'm interested in trying either Moroccan Spice or Champagne Toast for a perfect nude. Do you have swatches? It seems MS was orange in some pics I saw and nude in another.

MAChostage

I used to wear Chocolate Chip blush in the late 70's/early 80's. I was going to buy one several months ago when I was at the counter but they were sold out. Back then I used to wear it as a blush only. It does have shimmer and I think it's really quite lovely. Now I'll have to seek it out again. :)
These are online now, and I wonder if they are in stores (some of the products are permanent so I guess so). Several colors caught my eye, so I am thinking they might be a good re-introduction to FF. So, ladies, while I was peeking around on the FF website, I came across something that intrigued me greatly: Chocolate Chip blush. does anyone here use this product? Is is matte or does it have shimmer?  Do you contour or use it right on the cheekbones? Is there a dupe for it or am I stuck possibly shelling out $17 for it? Is this worth a trip to the mall?

MissTT

Ok actually watched the video and think I will order Champagne Toast. Need to figure out what else to order since I'll likely be paying shipping. Gotta make it worth my while.

Copperhead

I went over to Fashion Fair's site and there are a few nice looking things over there. I haven't bought a FF product in more than 15 years probably. LOL.

With all the purple lippies that are out now I see they have 2 very nice purple lip liners. Passion and Storm. Passion looks more purple and Storm kind of looks like MAC's Vino or Currant on the site. I might just take me a visit to the FF counter this weekend.

sagehen

I looked through this thread and saw some decent reviews of FF lipstick, but I didn't see a reference to Grapesicle - is anyone here amongst the purple lovers a fan of this shade?

Prettypackages

I keep forgetting about FF. It seems like they waited too long to revamp themselves. I mean what were you doing for 20 years? You let MAC, Bobbi, Nars, and MUFE, steal your customers.

MAChostage

And every counter I've been to lately is very hit or miss. They're usually unmanned, to start, and not very well maintained (testers messy, missing altogether, etc.). That's certainly no way to woo customers back.
I keep forgetting about FF.  It seems like they waited too long to revamp themselves. I mean what were you doing for 20 years?  You let MAC, Bobbi, Nars, and MUFE, steal your customers. 

sagehen

Plus, even with the acquisition of Sam Fine, the products have not gotten better. The creme-to-powder mu I got a couple of weeks ago just sits on top of my skin. Looks very artificial. I was not happy with my revisiting of FF.

dundada

My issue with Fashion Fair now is that their foundations and powders are still so transferrable! On the neck of my tops or dresses and and any piece of white paper I touch at work or at college. So messy and embarassing like I'm a melting brown snowman or something. How can you wear white with Fashion Fair foundation on? How can you get married in it?

Latest posts