Fashion Fair

seymone25

I want to tell you ladies that FF has some of the best lipstick shades for WOC. I work very closely with that brand and it is being revamped. FF is going to be a force to be reckoned with soon.
BTW their blushes are so beautiful. Loves it.

d n d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekaboo
Fashion Fair has come out with new foundation sticks, powders, and concealer sticks. I tried one on today and to my surprise, IT MATCHED PERFECTLY AND I DID NOT LOOK LIKE AN OOMPA LOOMPA!! Thumbs up!

Did they really? I tried several times to get matched in Fashion Fair foundations and none of the shades ever matched. Either they were too pastey or way too red.
I like a warm toned foundation but geez, it was like I had red clay smeared on my face! I may have to give the new formulas a try!! I wonder how the prices compare to MAC...last time I checked they were slightly cheaper but that was some time ago.

TISH1124

I always used to wear Fashion Fair...I have to say it was always a perfect match..I wore Topaz Glo...Not sure if they still make that shade...I was at a awful In-Law X-mas party last night and my dh's aunt asked me what makeup I wore..I said MAC what about you...She said Fashion Fair..LOL...She had never heard of MAC ...she wasn't even 50 y/o...But it did look good on her...perfect match

sexychefva804

Was FF responsible for the WOC in wearing the black lipliner around their lips back in the 80's? Because it is where I had started to see that horrible look............................[/quote]

That lippie trend lasted until my senior year of high school. Class of '98. I swore that I was cute with black eyeliner and I think FF darkest brown shade lippie. I still look at my senior pic and shudder.

I am grateful that my mom left FF and is now on BE, Bobbi Brown, MAC, and Philosophy. It wasn't hard converting her, she just followed me and probably has more than I. Thankful as well that she NEVER did the black line under the eye. That looks sooooo bad especially on fairer mature women.

cocodivatime

LOL. i never did black on my lips. Whoa. Didnt that go out of style with Salt n Pepa in the late 80s? LOL

But I did used to smear on chestnut liner with the lightest lipstick or gloss. That was back when some MAC Mua used to think that every women of color NEEDED to have chestnut. I think Chestnut and Oh Baby were my first MAC purchases. And I used to wear chestnut waaaay to dark on my lips

Chestnut liner is a great color but back then I did not blend. i just whipped it on and threw some gloss on top and the line so so harsh. LOL.

Blending is our friend. Some of us just didnt know it back then. LOL

braidey

I wear MAC, Bobbi Brown, and Iman foundation sticks, and I have to say Fashion Fair foundation stick outshines all of them. Fashion Fair has really nice blushes that last all day and some of their lipsticks are really nice. The eyeshadows are good but not very good. Their oil control pressed powders are really good.

DigitalRain

My mom wore fashion fair religiously back in the day. A few years ago I had one of their cream to powder foundations, can't remember what color it was but it was a perfect match and it covered EVERYTHING!!! My skin looked flawless. I strayed to other foundations brands after I finished it and when I tried to find it at the counter again it was d/c.

Chocolate Peach

i grew up watching my mom create a flawless face with FF products. i used to love when she would let me wear some of her FF glosses or lipstick back in high school and she still wears FF today. i have been a MAC addict for about 6+ years now, but i have nothing against FF. it still looks great on my mom and i wear their "tender" foundation stick as a concealer. none of the MAC concealers worked for my dark circles. FF lipgloss is okay too, but my #1 makeup of choice will always be MAC.

NW 43/45

Macnarsandlove

I really wished they would change the packaging and look of the line.
When dior and chanel still doesnt completely want WOC as their customers due to the fact they dont make foundations in all skintones FF needs to capitalize off this.

seymone25

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith130
I really wished they would change the packaging and look of the line.
When dior and chanel still doesnt completely want WOC as their customers due to the fact they dont make foundations in all skintones FF needs to capitalize off this.

They have changed the packaging and it is very modern.. It also appeals to the younger consumer.

Kandi Lush

I use Fashion Fair. I like their products. I also like the fact they always seem to give you something free when you have a bought a few stuff from them. My friend used to use Mac foundation and Iman but now has gone back to Fashion Fair. she said it was something to do with a change in Mac formulation. she still uses other mac products though.

I have no issues with Fashion Fair at all

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandi Lush
I use Fashion Fair. I like their products. I also like the fact they always seem to give you something free when you have a bought a few stuff from them. My friend used to use Mac foundation and Iman but now has gone back to Fashion Fair. she said it was something to do with a change in Mac formulation. she still uses other mac products though.

I have no issues with Fashion Fair at all

What specific products/shades do you u use?

sheaspearl83

I still use my lipsticks: Cashmere Brown, which the only carrier close to this is Mary Kay's Downtown Brown, and a burnt orange color that is absolutely gorgeous with a bronze gloss over it.
Metallic Sable eyeshadow is the best brown I have ever owned. Also, there was a cranberry color but cant remember the name. It was the only eyeshadow that I have ever completely emptied.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I picked up two FF blushes last month and I love Golden Sunset. Like LOVE it. It was super smooth and even though I put on way too much, it still looked good. If their other products are as good as that blush, I'll def. try some of them out. I've probably mentioned this in a previous post, my aunt and her daughters wear FF religiously and it really put me off of the brand, but they also over apply foundation and wear only red lipstick, but I am starting to think that the brand really is pretty decent, and I think it has a lot of potential, but even their new packaging, while a far cry from that baby pink gross crap they used to have, still has a ways to go.

she

i know i will be the old lady that keeps them in business. i grew up on the stuff! i think my powder shade is pecan or something nutty. the first lipstick i ever bought was grapesicle and it was like $11 bucks at the time and i was in the 9th grade. light years later they still make grapesicle and their counter ladies still look like my mom!

L281173

Fashion Fair needs to revamp their marketing to keep up with brands like MAC. THE OLD LADIES ARE DYING OUT. They need to grab a younger market to survive

she

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I picked up two FF blushes last month and I love Golden Sunset. Like LOVE it. It was super smooth and even though I put on way too much, it still looked good. If their other products are as good as that blush, I'll def. try some of them out. I've probably mentioned this in a previous post, my aunt and her daughters wear FF religiously and it really put me off of the brand, but they also over apply foundation and wear only red lipstick, but I am starting to think that the brand really is pretty decent, and I think it has a lot of potential, but even their new packaging, while a far cry from that baby pink gross crap they used to have, still has a ways to go.

ITA about their blushes, i picked one up while shopping with my mom at macy's last week, it's called "warm sand" and i LOVE it
yahoo.gif
i do wish people didn't judge the product by the heavy handed people that may use it, haha.

Foxxydiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by L281173
Fashion Fair needs to revamp their marketing to keep up with brands like MAC. THE OLD LADIES ARE DYING OUT. They need to grab a younger market to survive

I totally agree!

Soul Unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxydiva
I totally agree!

My mums friend worked for FF for years and back in the day she used to give us the Free Gifts which usually contained full size/sample size products, mind you mum till today doesn't wear more than lipstick. I had a loose powder once which was really flattering and didn't give that oompa loompa finish, shame I can't remember the exact name as this is waaaaay over a decade ago!

But honestly I do think that FF could do with a 360 makeover! The same way 'Sleek Cosmetics' [UK brand for WOC] rebranded themselves as 'Sleek Makeup' and changed their packaging and marketed themselves to a whole new consumer. Their products including the popular 'Divine' pallets had been available beforehand at local beauty supplies stores, however a major drugstore in the UK became a retailer and gradually they have become popular with women of all shades and ages; no longer viewed as 'aunties brand of choice' as it once was.