Forever 21 to launch plus-size line

ImMACnificent

I didn't see any posts about this. There is hope for us curvy ladies! It's going to be called Faith 21.

This makes me so happy that the fashion industry is becoming more aware of the plus sizes and the need for cute, young and fresh looking clothes.

I personally HATE shopping at Lane Bryant, their lingerie is nice, but their clothes are WAY too old for me.

I am about a size 18/20 and I am 25 years old. I need COLOR, PATTERN and SEXINESS!

I hope Forever 21 brings this to us.

smiles.gif

Forever 21 to launch a plus-size line this May | All The Rage | Los Angeles Times

ashleydawn

Horray! I mean, I shop at Torrid and they have cute stuff, but that is pretty much the only place I can find anything decent and its kind of expensive! Wet Seal has plus sized stuff on their website as well, I just discovered that the other day. Its only online though, not in stores, which is kind of annoying. Oh well. I'm glad Forever 21 is doing that though!

ImMACnificent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleydawn
Horray! I mean, I shop at Torrid and they have cute stuff, but that is pretty much the only place I can find anything decent and its kind of expensive! Wet Seal has plus sized stuff on their website as well, I just discovered that the other day. Its only online though, not in stores, which is kind of annoying. Oh well. I'm glad Forever 21 is doing that though!

I totally understand! I love Torrid, but I have to drive an hour and a half to get to one!

I am willing to bet if the line becomes super popular (which I think it will), they will add stores more than just Cali. I think this is still so new they don't wanna start throwing stores everywhere. But yes, the online thing at least! I hate shopping online =( I wanna try stuff on!!!

Have you ever tried Alloy.com? They have some really cute plus size stuff too!

ashleydawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImMACnificent
I totally understand! I love Torrid, but I have to drive an hour and a half to get to one!

I am willing to bet if the line becomes super popular (which I think it will), they will add stores more than just Cali. I think this is still so new they don't wanna start throwing stores everywhere. But yes, the online thing at least! I hate shopping online =( I wanna try stuff on!!!

Have you ever tried Alloy.com? They have some really cute plus size stuff too!

Yeah I will prob shop online for the forever 21 stuff anyway and just pray it fits lol! Hopefully they let you get a refund if you need to return, I know their in store policy is crazy strict with no refunds EVER lol.

I have ordered some stuff from alloy, they're good but sometimes too young looking for me I think.

Macnarsandlove

Yeah I am so excited I check the website daily!!

I am about a 12/14 but sometimes I wanna by those cheap pants and jeans they have. I bough a size 30 that were really stretchy and a tiny bit bigger and they would have been perfect. It really sucks cause when I was a size 10 I had no problem fitting into juniors clothes. And when I was a size 16 I didnt have a problem. Now Im chubby limbo where I can shop certain places for certain things. It blows, if I gained/loss 10 bs I would be good.

gunsxgoxbangxx

OMG this makes me so excited. I loveee Forever21. I have no problem fitting into a lot of their shirts, but their pants don't fit at all and they always have insanely cute pants and skirts.

Face2Mac

I love Forever 21 for jewelry. I do sometimes see large tops that look like they would fit when I lost 15 pounds (which am in the process). I think if you are a 14 you can fit their clothes. But excited because they do have the cutest cheap clothes, that I drool over but can't fit.

Rainbow and Dots have a plus-sized section in ther stores, so they should just do it like that.

I hope they carry it on-line at least.

Blushbaby

I'm a 10/12 and size L fits me in the standard sizing (just about). I'd love to check out the skinny jeans in the larger range but length wise they're too short :-(

I'm not impressed by the promo pics though - I don't think the outfits used on the model are particularly flattering on her.

However roll on May 1st, I've put my online order on hold for the past 3 weeks waiting for this to launch just in case there are some nice tops that will fit my DD's without a problem!

lvgz

i think this is awesome. though i can fit fovever's clothes fine, sometimes i do need an xl because they make their chest parts too small! and it is pretty young and hip.. great range with this expansion.

off topic, has anyone seen what kim k has said about it? i think it's sorta lame to be honest. though fovever21 was using her name kinda as promotion for their line.. they were just saying she liked the line. i could see how she could feel like they were implying she would fit their faith 21 line.. but still. why address it the way she did? for those that havent read what she said:

"I feel that this clipping from Us Magazine is a bit misleading, so I wanted to comment on it.

I am a huge fan of Forever 21 and I'm very happy they have expanded their line to include a plus-size range, but I am not in that size category and this article makes it sound like I am! I am a curvy girl and I love my curves, but curvy and plus-sized are two very different things. I work really hard to maintain my curves while staying slim and healthy, so to be classed as a "fuller-figured woman" of extra large proportions is a little offensive.

For the record, I am a size 2, not 2XL."

Kim Kardashian official web site – photos, blog, news, bio

i think what she said actually is so .. putting down being plus sized. excuse me if i took it wrong, but seriously. shes always saying shes so proud of her curves and what not.. but ALWAYS has to be a size 2. honestly kim.. 2? ......... yeah. uh huh. hahahha im so sorry, i just had to say this. i honestly think she's self conscious about her size. i know fuller figured people that wear xl but work out a lot. she's classifying everyone that wears xl and whatnot unhealthy. please, i have friends that are bigger than i am but probably 100x more healthy in terms of exercising. some people are thick. kay, end rant.

aziajs

This is good to know. There need to be plus-sized options. So many retailers cut out their plus-size clothes - The Limited, Express, Banana Republic (in-store) - and it's ridiculous. I can't believe no one was buying those larger sizes. Lane Bryant has a few nice things here and there but the majority of their clothes are matronly. Torrid is expensive and the clothes look cheap. I like to pick up pieces from Ashley Stewart. They used to have fantastic jeans. They have some cute dresses and things. Old Navy has some really cute things sometimes, too. Also, places like Target and Kohl's have cute things sometimes, surprisingly. But, it will be nice for girls who want something inexpensive and trendy to have a plus-size option at Forever 21.

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvgz
off topic, has anyone seen what kim k has said about it? i think it's sorta lame to be honest. though fovever21 was using her name kinda as promotion for their line.. they were just saying she liked the line. i could see how she could feel like they were implying she would fit their faith 21 line.. but still. why address it the way she did? for those that havent read what she said:

"I feel that this clipping from Us Magazine is a bit misleading, so I wanted to comment on it.

I am a huge fan of Forever 21 and I'm very happy they have expanded their line to include a plus-size range, but I am not in that size category and this article makes it sound like I am! I am a curvy girl and I love my curves, but curvy and plus-sized are two very different things. I work really hard to maintain my curves while staying slim and healthy, so to be classed as a "fuller-figured woman" of extra large proportions is a little offensive.

For the record, I am a size 2, not 2XL."

Kim Kardashian official web site – photos, blog, news, bio

i think what she said actually is so .. putting down being plus sized. excuse me if i took it wrong, but seriously. shes always saying shes so proud of her curves and what not.. but ALWAYS has to be a size 2. honestly kim.. 2? ......... yeah. uh huh. hahahha im so sorry, i just had to say this. i honestly think she's self conscious about her size. i know fuller figured people that wear xl but work out a lot. she's classifying everyone that wears xl and whatnot unhealthy. please, i have friends that are bigger than i am but probably 100x more healthy in terms of exercising. some people are thick. kay, end rant.

I got the point she was trying to make but she was quite tactless when putting her view across. There's a difference between being unhealthily overweight and obese and being curvy, whilst still maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Too often the "curvy" tag is used for women the size of Beth Ditto and then some and IMO there's nothing "curvy" about that body shape at all - it's unhealthy - end of.

Kim K is shallow as hell so her saying what she did, the way she did, didn't in the least surprise me. When it suits her, she's all up for flashing her ass and cleavage at every opportunity and heaven forbid anybody should put her name and the F21 plus size range in the same sentence. Her reaction is laughable.

She made another stupid comment about Octomom daring to wear the same JImmy Choo sunglasses as her. Oh FFS when did Jimmy Choo make her the face of the S/S 09 collection?! Dumb broad, go make a sex tape or sumthin!

ClaireAvril

^^hahhahaa!
Yes some of my love for Kim K went down the drain when I heard about those comments she made. Anyone who is comfortable with themself doesn't need to even address what was said and feel as though they have to tell world they are not a 2xl but a size 2.. uh duh.. we can see what you look like you don't have to say it. Get over yourself.

Soo..I am excited about the new line.. though I am sure it won't be coming to canada right away.. sob.
I think the site ships worldwide - I hope.. or one of the stores near the border will carry the line.

ImMACnificent

That crazy ass attention whore is NOT a size 2.

Maybe one of her butt cheeks is a size 2.

She is only trying to fool herself because she surely isn't fooling any one else.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImMACnificent
That crazy ass attention whore is NOT a size 2.

Maybe one of her butt cheeks is a size 2.

She is only trying to fool herself because she surely isn't fooling any one else.

I doubt it as well just because I don't see her fitting all that ass or those breasts in a size 2. She's probably a 4/6 maybe. But, celebs lie about their weight, height and size all the rime so I really didn't pay much attention to what she said.

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril
^^hahhahaa!

Soo..I am excited about the new line.. though I am sure it won't be coming to canada right away.. sob.
I think the site ships worldwide - I hope.. or one of the stores near the border will carry the line.

Yep they ship internationally, so you guys in Canada should def be able to get your hands on it online
smiles.gif

chiquilla_loca

i hope it's as exciting as it sounds!
i've been in Forever21 and the only things that could possibly fit me are the sunglasses!
but i agree with the other ladies...Torrid is expensive and so is Lane Bryant.
i'll usually shop the sale racks and still end up paying at least $10-20 for a blouse or $10-16 for a bra! my alternative for right now is shopping at ROSS, they have some good things here and there, cuz right now i'm looking for summer dresses that won't break the bank. Kmart has a few cute things. and for jeans i'll usally buy J-LO jeans from Kohls, they have up to size 17 and they fit great!
hopefully Faith21 doesn't disappoint us!

chiquilla_loca

not sure if it will be at my local mall, but

Faith 21 will be available in L.A. on May 1 at Lakewood Center Mall, Montebello Town Center, Los Cerritos Mall, Anaheim Plaza and online at www.forever21.com.

i won't shop online, but for the ladies in the LA area, can you report back to us about the new collection after seeing it? thanks in advance!

MissAlly

That's pretty neat.

The closest Forever21 is about 45 minutes away from me,so,I'll probably be ordering online.