Forever 21 to launch plus-size line

Cinfulgirl

Im excited about this, I usually like loose shirts so im verrrryyy picky
Good to see we can have something cheaper than Torrid [never bought anything from there,seems expensive]..
I need to get back to Cali fast.

MissResha

its really one of my fav spots to shop because im so cheap LOL and being a size 10/12, this is really good news. i can fit almost all of their Large stuff and some medium, but then again, the arm space is really tiny in some of their tops lol. i could just lose weight, but who am i kidding...give up carbs? yea right.

BEA2LS

i think its great but wish it was in stores, like why not just make a section?

kim k is a jerk. i like her make-up a lot and her family amuses me but i am not much of a fan of her.

PollyRhythm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
its really one of my fav spots to shop because im so cheap LOL and being a size 10/12, this is really good news. i can fit almost all of their Large stuff and some medium, but then again, the arm space is really tiny in some of their tops lol. i could just lose weight, but who am i kidding...give up carbs? yea right.

th_LMAO.gif

ClaireAvril

i guess they are only putting it in select stores to test it. I emailed them to see if they would be launching the line in Canada and they said no.. of course

PollyRhythm

Has anyone read this article from this blog:

Nobody cares what size you are, Kim Kardashian - Healthy Living on Shine

Am I the only one that sees this as a sign of insecurity? I can understand someone not wanting to be labeled "Plus-Size" when they aren't but I just don't see going to that great of length to prove it. Of course in Hollywood if you have curves or are just a curvy girl in general, you will NOT be labeled as being thin.

I don't think that she understands that even though the company has labeled the line plus-size, when you look at the models, you might think curvy instead of "fat" or "obese". I don't believe that the Us magazine article was saying that she was big or anything but just pointing out that there was hope for curvier girls to shop there and maybe "dress like her". Most of you know that everything in Forever 21 is not a fit for you. My mom is a size 8 but she can't fit a lot of the pants and jeans there because she has hips and some booty so even though she likes some of the clothes there, she doesn't like to shop there.

As the article says, who the hell really cares? The magazine only pointed out that she likes to shop there. They could have chosen another curvier female celeb but since she's such a media whore who's, IMHO, body is always on display for people to talk about, was mentioned.

Blushbaby

I can't believe after all the hype they only have 2 crappy pages on the site - and the choices aren't even nice I've put my other order on hold for 3 wks and have lost items for nothing. Tsk!

ImMACnificent

I just went to the website. I am pretty disappointed that it looks like the biggest sizes will be 15/16. I understand that it's SOMETHING for the plus-size girls, it's a step forward, but I was hoping they would have at least up to 18/20 because I know a lot of girls that are about that size. I might be able to fit into some of their shirts, but I know jeans/pants in 15/16 will never fit me.

If any of you girls wear anything bigger than 1 in Torrid (equivalent to about a 16), this pretty much is not going to fit.

Bummer.

Pushpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
Yep they ship internationally, so you guys in Canada should def be able to get your hands on it online
smiles.gif

im pretty sure that edmontons west end location (in canada lol) is getting the line

the line is starting at sz 12 when did 12 become plus size? lol i just think that is kinda funny...but hey i'm glad they have cute stuff

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushpa
the line is starting at sz 12 when did 12 become plus size? lol i just think that is kinda funny...but hey i'm glad they have cute stuff

Girl, I wonder the same thing.

ClaireAvril

i've heard anything over a size 10 is a plus size.
I emailed forever 21 they say there will be NO stores in Canada carrying the line.

ashleydawn

I thought most of the stuff they had up was cute! I wasn't expecting too much to be up since they just launched the line... I'm sure they'll put more stuff up gradually. Anyway, I ordered 6 tops so hopefully they fit!

chiquilla_loca

boo! no pants/bottoms, only 1 black pencil skirt online! the only thing i really liked was a black blouse with floral design on the front, but i refuse to buy online.
oh well, if it never sells in my local store then i'm not buying.

ClaireAvril

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleydawn
I thought most of the stuff they had up was cute! I wasn't expecting too much to be up since they just launched the line... I'm sure they'll put more stuff up gradually. Anyway, I ordered 6 tops so hopefully they fit!

Please let us know what happens. i hope i can order something soon.

pumpkincat210

Kim kardashian claims to be a size 2. Then everyone's camera's must be screwed up! In the article she really offended plus sized women and even me who is a size 2! "For the record, I am a size 2, not 2XL”
She probably just killed any self esteem plus sized girls had, that looked up to her or not.
Size 12 isn't a plus size either. Or maybe it is now that they have negative sized jeans.

Lizzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyRhythm
th_LMAO.gif

This is completely off topic, but I LOVE your avatar! I'm actually writing a manifesto on surrealist poetry for a class and all I could think is "Plays With Squirrels", but no one knows what I'm talking about!
FeeeEEEeeeeeeeEEeeeny!

User35

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I doubt it as well just because I don't see her fitting all that ass or those breasts in a size 2. She's probably a 4/6 maybe. But, celebs lie about their weight, height and size all the rime so I really didn't pay much attention to what she said.

I just read in some tabloid mag ( shes on the cover right now in a bathing suit) she is embracing her body and loves her curves blah blah blah she says her measurments are "35-26-40". I dont know how the hell 40 inch hips are a size 2?!?! shit my measurments are like 36-27-38..and im like size 10. no way kim...she is pretty and curvy but I dont know who she thinks shes fooling saying shes a size 2

you know what who cares though what damn size she is...she still has shit for brains and is famous for being a slut. whoop dee freaking do!

PollyRhythm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie
This is completely off topic, but I LOVE your avatar! I'm actually writing a manifesto on surrealist poetry for a class and all I could think is "Plays With Squirrels", but no one knows what I'm talking about!
FeeeEEEeeeeeeeEEeeeny!

th_LMAO.gif
Is Eric not the best?! I swear, anytime that I start to feel depressed or I'm just not in a good mood, I HAVE to watch this:
YouTube - The Feeny Call

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
Kim kardashian claims to be a size 2. Then everyone's camera's must be screwed up! In the article she really offended plus sized women and even me who is a size 2! "For the record, I am a size 2, not 2XL”
She probably just killed any self esteem plus sized girls had, that looked up to her or not.
Size 12 isn't a plus size either. Or maybe it is now that they have negative sized jeans.

I agree with you for all but one thing.. i am plus size and she has no effect at all on my self esteem.
winkiss.gif