Forever 21 to launch plus-size line

m_3

Totally agree with NotteRequiem. I think Forever 21's stuff is cute, but it's like disposable clothing, and the clothing doesn't fit right (maybe my body?)I'd rather pay a little more for quality. Not to say their aren't cheap places with quality clothing.

NotteRequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_3
Totally agree with NotteRequiem. I think Forever 21's stuff is cute, but it's like disposable clothing, and the clothing doesn't fit right (maybe my body?)I'd rather pay a little more for quality. Not to say their aren't cheap places with quality clothing.

It's not your body. It's they way they make their garments.

I've not seen one person who found something other than a tanktop there that fit properly. Now, I realize that not much off the rack fits anyone well, but it's another thing entirely to make something that is just in poor taste and won't fit ANYONE.

People just don't get it. Plus Sized =/= Unshapen globs of people.
angry.gif

vividtouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotteRequiem
I don't really mean to cause drama, but your statement kind of bugged me a little bit. I'm going to rant, but know it isn't directed at you, it's just a general peeve of mine when it comes to Plus Sized Fashion.

ONE store that happens to have Plus Sized clothing doesn't mean squat. Plus Sized women [myself included] can be trendy without having to buy from a place like Faith/Forever 21. Personally I think the selection sucks, the quality of the garments is horrible, and they've already closed the Faith part near me because no one bought anything. It's like people who say to me "Oh, but you have Lane Bryant!" No, we really don't. Every time I go into Bryant's I come out of the dressing room looking like a balloon. I have an hourglass figure. I'm proportionate. Plus sized women aren't beachballs. We HAVE shapes. I'd like my clothing to reflect my self confidence, not make me feel bad for being Plus Sized or that I have to hide my figure.

That being said, I've had unbelieveable luck with Dress Barn Women. They have casual and business attire that's actually made for Plus Sized women who have body shapes. Their jeans are impeccible and well made, fit like a dream and are comfortable.

Believe it or not, as far as bathing suits go, 3 years in a row I've had FANTASTIC luck with Wal-Mart bathing suits. I bought 2 this year in the same suit but different colors.

/end rant.

A little off topic, but sometimes, it happens.

hello again,

hmmm, sorry for that, maybe just a wrong choice of word?
well anyway i do agree with you that plus size are not necessarily means those who have barrel type of bodies, i know that there's a lot of plus size who have the shapes actually really curvacious, but its just that sometimes its really difficult to find stores who have items fitted for us and if there's any its kinda expensive as compared to others...that's why i find it nice that some boutiques already open a line of clothing specially for plus size women.
i also believe that we should dress to feel happy and boost our self confidence and i also believe that it is us who will make a dress beautiful how we carry ourselves with the dress we wear can actually make a statement. no matter where we buy it no matter what size we are...as long as we are happy and comfortable its good. ^_^