Forum Pet Peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.

frocher

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg
Ok, I clearly don't understand how to use the Reputation function. Someone care to quickly explain? (And yes, the technology on this site kicks some serious butt
greengrin.gif
)

Just click on the scale logo on the bottom left hand corner of the person's post. A box will open up, you can leave a comment and click add to reputation.

NutMeg

Excellent, thanks for clearing that up. And hah to everyone who gets annoyed when someone thanks through a comment! I thanked her and posted about it. Mwahahaha! *does annoying little dance*

Hilly

Haha I just gave you some reputation Nutmeg to test it out because I was confused as well
winks.gif

Beauty Mark

I thought of two more.

When people have to write convoluted "I agree with this comment." Basically, they will take something and restate the opinion.

I also hate the amount of flattery that goes on some boards. Just because someone can articulate well about a TV show or you share the same opinion doesn't make that person the second coming of Christ. It's just an opinion on something frivolous

MiCHiE

I've thought of another one that pertains to attention whoring. If anyone visits the Purse Forum, you know about the "Guess what I bought!" threads. But, WTF is up with the posters who post those threads and then log off for the day, never revealing what they bought?!?!? As a result, you have 45 replies that basically run like this:

"ooohh, I wanna see!"
"C'mon what is it?!?!"
We want pics!"
"Can't wait!"

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I wasn't even aware of the "reputation" button!! whhaa! and now I also see the "report post" button which I was looking for the other day but couldn't find it! I thought maybe we didn't have one of those.

I will certainly use the reputation thing more often , Ive been doing the annoying thanks thing because well...yeah.

Shimmer

Soemthing to note about reputation:
You have to spread the rep around, it won't let you rep the same person twice in a row.

NutMeg

Just ran into something else. When someone posts and prefaces what they're saying with "Well I haven't read the whole thread yet, but..." Well then I won't read your post until you do!! Find out what everyone is talking about before you starting adding to the conversation, it won't take you that long to get through it. It's annoying. *pouty face*

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
Another thing:

The Search function available on the site. USE IT and the ADVANCED SEARCH function as well. Each time I've had a question regarding a particular subject, I always search first and more times than none someone has already brought it up and the question (if there is any) has been answered.

How many times have we all seen a new thread started regarding the uses of FIX+ or what is MAC's hiring policy/process like?!? Come on now.

Preach!

See? I didn't say thanks in this post.
graucho.gif

MACATTAK

I don't like when someone will ask for suggestions/advice & someone will go on and on and on with their reply. It sometimes seems like a 5 page response. I usually get bored by the first paragraph and skim the rest. It's like, "Get to the point already," and let's move on.

gigglegirl

Ugh I'm wholly supporting the frustration with duplicate type threads. I don't know how MANY I've stumbled upon today and hopefully pointed them in the right direction. But grrrr, I wish there was a way to just close some of these extra threads that get made when people are too lazy or don't know how to search. I know the mod's usually do get to them anyways. Sorry I just had to vent!

amelia.jayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeBella86
What's the whole deal with the "thanks" button? I don't see it lol

i don't see it, either. it used to be near quote and stuff for me, but it disappeared?

lafemmenoir

My turn: I loathe when people catch feelings over the net. I truly think some people like to argue for the sake of arguing. Someone may post about a "sensitive" i.e. race, sexuality, etc. and there is always one opinionated lot that feels the need to respond just because they are against x,y, and z. Can a person just express something and not have this bashing about? Is it really that serious for us to thrash about over it being we are all from different political, ethnic, sexual, religious et al backgrounds that we have to cyber cat fight?
Also, I have grown tire of acronyms. I know it keeps things short, but call me daft, I have to spell out each word to make sure I understand the post.
Rant over
girl_devil.gif

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
I've thought of another one that pertains to attention whoring. If anyone visits the Purse Forum, you know about the "Guess what I bought!" threads. But, WTF is up with the posters who post those threads and then log off for the day, never revealing what they bought?!?!? As a result, you have 45 replies that basically run like this:

"ooohh, I wanna see!"
"C'mon what is it?!?!"
We want pics!"
"Can't wait!"

oh. my. lord. i HATE that. HATE it.. not to mention the "strip tease" posts where they post a pic of the shopping bag, then the paper that wraps the actual product, then the dust bag, then the actual bag/wallet or whatever they bought
icon_eek.gif
come the f**k on people.. it's a bag for the love of all things holy
th_rolleye0014.gif
post the darned item and get on with it... ESPECIALLY when they wait until 3568729823904 people have asked "ooh what is it" BEFORE the actually post the pic!

MiCHiE

^Even worse.....the million + 1 threads asking, "I'm 5'1", 130, should I get a Speedy 25 or 30?".

HOTasFCUK

Uggh you know what i hate? I'm sure we've all wondered this but people asking:

"What's a CCO?"

Freakin' search it!!! Even google it!!! We have a whole area dedicated to CCO's here.....take a sneak peak!!!!

CaraAmericana

If I am going to be honest. I get annoyed when I get 5 replies to my FOTD but I see some FOTDs that I feel are good but not all that great get like 398767890 comments.

I take it personally and don't tell me not to,duh, it's my FACE no one seems to like.

so yeah I am my own pity party. I still love me.

MiCHiE

Aww....I feel bad because I look at a lot of FOTDs, but I don't comment on all of them. I know what you mean though. Sometimes I feel weird telling posters things like, "Your liner looks HOT!", because I don't want them to think, "....Everything else looks like shit."

CaraAmericana

Michie, you made me laugh out loud at the end there. You really did, thanks.
I been kinda of in funky mood so even though I meant what I said, it sounded kind of boohoo-ish. But what said is said.

Status
Not open for further replies.