General Chanel Chat

ashievic

I have verified with several sources. Yes, it is true after the 1st of the year, Chanel is reformulating the nail polish. There will be a rather large campaign for the new formula in late winter. No, for what I have been told, the current polishes will not be pulled from the shelves. To me, if you have a color you are dying for, consider picking it up. Although I would think some of the more popular colors will be re-formulated. I have yet to ever hit the bottom of a bottle unless it was a base or a quick dry top coat. You all know how I feel about the eBay lurkers. I ask you to please consider going to a reputable source to pick up the color you have been thinking about, but keep blowing off. To me, no need to stock pile just to have.....but I do have limited real estate to store this stuff......

Medgal07

I have verified with several sources. Yes, it is true after the 1st of the year, Chanel is reformulating the nail polish. There will be a rather large campaign for the new formula in late winter. No, for what I have been told, the current polishes will not be pulled from the shelves. To me, if you have a color you are dying for, consider picking it up. Although I would think some of the more popular colors will be re-formulated. I have yet to ever hit the bottom of a bottle unless it was a base or a quick dry top coat. You all know how I feel about the eBay lurkers. I ask you to please consider going to a reputable source to pick up the color you have been thinking about, but keep blowing off. To me, no need to stock pile just to have.....but I do have limited real estate to store this stuff......
I tend to just roll w.the punches Ash. I won't be stocking up on favs but saving room for what will hopefully be a better wearing NP in fab new colors.
Thanks so much for the info!!!

hitchcockblonde

Just received my La Solution de Chanel and have not tried it on my face yet (nice texture on my inner wrist though), but wanted to mention that the full ingredient list is printed right on the box. Lord only knows why Chanel CS did/does not have access to it.
If you have had a chance to use it I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'm thinking I'll pick it up when I buy my Chanel holiday stuff.

hitchcockblonde

Thanks for the news Ash! As long as they keep coming out with great colors I'm fine with whatever. Although I hope the formula doesn't end up being worse lol.

Winthrop44

If you have had a chance to use it I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'm thinking I'll pick it up when I buy my Chanel holiday stuff.
If you have sensitive, easily irritated skin it's well worth trying. I have very sensitive skin with rosacea. Barrier repair ingredients and antioxidants are great for my skin. I have to avoid about a gazillion commonly used ingredients because they burn, turn me red, or break me out. If I avoid what I need to avoid SAs do not believe I have rosacea. I find La Solution 10 very calming/soothing; even when my skin is not feeling irritated it makes it feel better. I'm also finding it's improving the texture of my skin, with my pores looking smaller and my skin feeling smoother. Not sure if that's attributed to the ingredients in this product or omitting certain things in the product I was using before. I do not find it overly moisturizing, so if you have very dry skin you may need a serum in addition. I'm hoping they'll eventually come out with a sensitive skin serum to go along with this product. The cream may prove to be more moisturizing over time, too. I haven't been using it for very long. Let us know how it works for you if you try it.

Ernie

If you have sensitive, easily irritated skin it's well worth trying.  I have very sensitive skin with rosacea. Barrier repair ingredients and antioxidants are great for my skin. I have to avoid about a gazillion commonly used ingredients because they burn, turn me red, or break me out.  If I avoid what I need to avoid SAs do not believe I have rosacea. I find La Solution 10 very calming/soothing; even when my skin is not feeling irritated it makes it feel better. I'm also finding it's improving the texture of my skin, with my pores looking smaller and my skin feeling smoother. Not sure if that's attributed to the ingredients in this product or omitting certain things in the product I was using before. I do not find it overly moisturizing, so if you have very dry skin you may need a serum in addition. I'm hoping they'll eventually come out with a sensitive skin serum to go along with this product. The cream may prove to be more moisturizing over time, too. I haven't been using it for very long. Let us know how it works for you if you try it.
I just got a sample of this and I'm interested in trying it. I normally don't do well with too many ingredients and fragrance.

JerseyGirl

If you have sensitive, easily irritated skin it's well worth trying.  I have very sensitive skin with rosacea. Barrier repair ingredients and antioxidants are great for my skin. I have to avoid about a gazillion commonly used ingredients because they burn, turn me red, or break me out.  If I avoid what I need to avoid SAs do not believe I have rosacea. I find La Solution 10 very calming/soothing; even when my skin is not feeling irritated it makes it feel better. I'm also finding it's improving the texture of my skin, with my pores looking smaller and my skin feeling smoother. Not sure if that's attributed to the ingredients in this product or omitting certain things in the product I was using before. I do not find it overly moisturizing, so if you have very dry skin you may need a serum in addition. I'm hoping they'll eventually come out with a sensitive skin serum to go along with this product. The cream may prove to be more moisturizing over time, too. I haven't been using it for very long. Let us know how it works for you if you try it.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I like the idea of this product and I'm going to give it a try. I'm getting a little red patch on my cheek so it looks like something I'm using now is starting to bother me. Time to change products (again...sadly.)

Winthrop44

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I like the idea of this product and I'm going to give it a try. I'm getting a little red patch on my cheek so it looks like something I'm using now is starting to bother me. Time to change products (again...sadly.)
I'll be interested to hear how it works for you and @Ernie. When I was young and still lived with my parents (in other words forever ago) I spent a huge chunk of my salary on skin care products. I loved it more than makeup. I've known for a long time now that my skin responds best to consistency and simplicity rather than a cascading number of $$$ products (some of which were needed to counter the effects of the ones that came before them, lol). I thought I had a simple routine already but admit I'm surprised at what I'm seeing with this even more minimalist moisturizer. My problem with other minimalist moisturizers (from La Roche Posay, SkinCeuticals, etc., or even CeraVe) is that they all include one ingredient or another (sometimes more) that irritates my skin. And if you have only a handful of ingredients that includes something irritating that's a lot of irritant. La Solution has nothing that irritates my skin, so it's a real find for me.

hitchcockblonde

I'll be interested to hear how it works for you and @Ernie . When I was young and still lived with my parents (in other words forever ago) I spent a huge chunk of my salary on skin care products. I loved it more than makeup. I've known for a long time now that my skin responds best to consistency and simplicity rather than a cascading number of $$$ products (some of which were needed to counter the effects of the ones that came before them, lol). I thought I had a simple routine already but admit I'm surprised at what I'm seeing with this even more minimalist moisturizer. My problem with other minimalist moisturizers (from La Roche Posay, SkinCeuticals, etc., or even CeraVe) is that they all include one ingredient or another (sometimes more) that irritates my skin. And if you have only a handful of ingredients that includes something irritating that's a lot of irritant. La Solution has nothing that irritates my skin, so it's a real find for me.
Thanks so much for your thoughts. My skin is pretty sensitive and I have quite a bit of redness. I have combination skin and I get both breakouts and dry patches which makes skincare very difficult. I'm realizing I really need to simplify/streamline my routine and the products I use. I've never had a good or consistent routine as I've never really found anything that actually helps my skin or at the very least doesn't make me break out.

urbis

I Like the fact that Chanel has never killed the whole Collection but just added new items

ashievic

For the redness at least on me, the LeBlanc really helps. Yes, you must use it every day. I love the cleanser, then the toner, the spot remover, serum, and the moisturizer. I also found if used the day time in the LeWeekend group, I do get dry red patches. It was explained something in it, nope can't remember what it was does that.

I also found using the crushed pearls scrub and the clay mask helps with breakouts and helps soothe and even out my skin tone. I use that 1-2 times a week.

starletta8

I've been on a bit of an epic bender as of late with all of the chaos in my life. First, I can't believe I passed on Marron Glace Stylo Yeux initially. What was I thinking? I've also become a huge fan of the Beaute des Cils Mascara base- I was previously devoted to Dior.

Here's the real reason why I popped into this thread- I've been loving Chanel skincare as of late, which is quite unlike me. I've always loved their eye makeup remover, and discovered the Mousse Douceur cleanser earlier this year.

After doing a lot of research, I switched from Shiseido's sunscreen to Chanel's UN Essentiel SPF 50- my sensitive skin is very happy, which is quite shocking. I'd recommend it for anyone with really sensitive skin (as always, take it out for a test run first!).

Then there was the discovery of the Le Lift Concentre Yeux. A lovely SA gave me some samples when I was running to a counter to grab Golden Sun and the Infiniment Chanel Illuminating Powder and promised me that it works to de-puff almost instantly. I never thought I'd justify $115 on eye serum, but.... holy crap, it works. It's incredible.

2 of the last 3 new Chanel skincare purchases are brand-new to me; the other I liked but couldn't justify it at the time. I've found that the Lait Confort, combined with the Eye makeup remover, is my new HG makeup removal pair. My skin is so happy, and it's so gentle. I also started using La Nuit again, in combination with La Solution 10. My skin is sooo happy that I'm sorry that this combo wasn't available before now!

ashievic

I have used Chanel skin care since I was a pre-teen. My Mama since it was brought into the States in the late 1970's or so. It obviously works, since my Mama has no wrinkles, never did Botox or anything else. Glad you are enjoying the products. To me, they are the best.

JerseyGirl

I just purchased the solution 10 today. I've been using the LeJour daily and it really has helped my pores to be smaller and controlled my hormonal breakouts from getting insanely gross and out of control. But it's also been aggravating a small section of my face to look like rosacea. So I'm going to try the new solution 10 and see if I can find a balance. The change in temps I think is throwing my skin off so it's time to change things around.

ashievic

The LeJour would give me dry patchy spots on my face. So I skipped using that and used the LeWeekend and it helped gobs....

Winthrop44

My skin can't tolerate salicylic acid, glycolic acid- any exfoliants really - or high amounts of alcohol or fragrance, so all of the Le/La Whatevers (edit: other than Le Coton.
lol.gif
) are out for me for multiple reason each. I'd have to wash them off within 10 minutes because of burning. I was going to try a sample of the Micro Serum again (even though I really can't use pentylene or dipropylene glycol either) but couldn't get past the amount of fragrance when I tried it on the back of my hand. I wish they'd offer a sensitive skin serum to go with La Solution.

ashievic

You are so much smarter then, no I am not being a smart butt it was the acid one that flared up the patches of dry skin on me. The new primer mascara was a run, don't walk to get it off. Wow, it was burning and making me cry. Yet, no issue with the Dior mascara primer.

Winthrop44

You are so much smarter then, no I am not being a smart butt it was the acid one that flared up the patches of dry skin on me. The new primer mascara was a run, don't walk to get it off. Wow, it was burning and making me cry. Yet, no issue with the Dior mascara primer.
Ugh, sorry you had that reaction. I wonder what's in the primer.

Latest posts