Hakuhodo - makers of MAC brushes

Ajigglin

I thought the 10% was Hakuhodo specific. I didn't see until I went into the Sephora thread that there's a collabo in the works.

bwella

Hi everyone!
I'm finally have the money to place my fist order!
So far I’ve decided to get J146 and B5521(G5521). I also want to include a blush brush, but I need some help.

J110, K020 or yachiyo large pointed?

J110 and Yachiyo looks like great multitask brushes, but is the Yachiyo as soft as the J110?
I don't own that many blushes that are crazy pigmented so I guess I could wait with the K020.

Right now I’m using the real techniques blush brush, so Whatever I pick will probably be better than that ;)

allthingsglam

Hi everyone! I'm finally have the money to place my fist order!  So far I’ve decided to get J146 and B5521(G5521). I also want to include a blush brush, but I need some help. J110, K020 or yachiyo large pointed? J110 and Yachiyo looks like great multitask brushes, but is the Yachiyo as soft as the J110? I don't own that many blushes that are crazy pigmented so I guess I could wait with the K020. Right now I’m using the real techniques blush brush, so Whatever I pick will probably be better than that ;) 
Yessss For me I think the yachiyo is way softer But the j110 can be used as a blush and bronzer brush I prefer the yachiyo for blush I would get the yachiyo or the ko20

bwella

Thanks! I did not expect it to be softer.
I'll probably end up geting them all at some point, the brushes seam to be addictive haha

janette9687

okay, sorry this is late, its usally drak when i remmeber that i was foing to post this.
2a7c5e12_image.jpeg
order top to bottom B100- goat bristles 6000 yen ($75 on site) I got this because I wanted the Chanel one but it was more expensive B206- goat bristles 5200 yen ($65 on site) comparable to the Mac 129, more dense B509- blue squirrel/goat blend bristles 6000 yen ($75 on site) tapered powder brush
38b6f36a_image.jpeg
L-R B206, B509 top
34559d09_image.jpeg
L-R B206, B509 side
9e232144_image.jpeg
SU10, B132 (weasel, Japanese exclusive), J133 (horse) , B133 (Canada squirrel), BJ004G (goat), SU 5R, J5529 I bought some shu umera brushes because I heard the kolinsky bristles are really nice to pack color so i included them for comparison. I was missing some lay own brushes most of these have a smaller brush then this similar to the mac 242 as far as width but with shorter bristles, sorry I don't have my mac brushes here for comparison. These are their bigger version but not too much bigger.

janette9687

I've noticed that when i purchase these overseas i get much shorter handle, which I love since they're for personal use. Also, they have a B before them b/c they consider them part of the basic series because of the black handle. Which you have the option here in Japan, from the silver or red handles you get here in Japan.

bwella

I bought some shu umera brushes because I heard the kolinsky bristles are really nice to pack color so i included them for comparison. I was missing some lay own brushes most of these have a smaller brush then this similar to the mac 242 as far as width but with shorter bristles, sorry I don't have my mac brushes here for comparison. These are their bigger version but not too much bigger.
So pretty!

Would love to hear how the B509 compares to the K002 :)

janette9687

Hi everyone!
I'm finally have the money to place my fist order!
So far I’ve decided to get J146 and B5521(G5521). I also want to include a blush brush, but I need some help.

J110, K020 or yachiyo large pointed?

J110 and Yachiyo looks like great multitask brushes, but is the Yachiyo as soft as the J110?
I don't own that many blushes that are crazy pigmented so I guess I could wait with the K020.

Right now I’m using the real techniques blush brush, so Whatever I pick will probably be better than that ;)
the J110 will be very versitle with both cream and powder products since their are not dyed goat brushes. I have one and its a multi-tasker. The k020 is beautiful but bc of its soft blue squirrel bristles it will give you a much diffused look, very natural tho. The Yachiyo is very soft but be careful with the sizing, the size that is comparable to the NARS version is actually comparable to the hakuhodo large pointed version. The small pointed and medium versions are really small in size. Medium is as small as the Mac 165 and the G5521 so you'll have something similar just different bristles if you get the medium yachiyo.

janette9687

So pretty!

Would love to hear how the B509 compares to the K002 :)
of course!

very different, I have both but the K002 is much larger and very soft the bristles are not as tightly packed. Extremely soft but its used more for a setting powder or light application and its more of a paddle shape, flat brush

the B509 is soft as well but it is long and tapered, think Mac 138/ Hakuhodo 103 but not as tapered or pointy but more dense. You could swirl powder foundation or use with a bronzer. both blend beautiful. If i used the B509 with foundation will give me more coverage with foundation.

allthingsglam

okay, sorry this is late, its usally drak when i remmeber that i was foing to post this.
2a7c5e12_image.jpeg
order top to bottom B100- goat bristles 6000 yen ($75 on site) I got this because I wanted the Chanel one but it was more expensive B206- goat bristles 5200 yen ($65 on site) comparable to the Mac 129, more dense B509- blue squirrel/goat blend bristles 6000 yen ($75 on site) tapered powder brush
38b6f36a_image.jpeg
L-R B206, B509 top
34559d09_image.jpeg
L-R B206, B509 side
9e232144_image.jpeg
SU10, B132 (weasel, Japanese exclusive), J133 (horse) , B133 (Canada squirrel), BJ004G (goat), SU 5R, J5529 I bought some shu umera brushes because I heard the kolinsky bristles are really nice to pack color so i included them for comparison. I was missing some lay own brushes most of these have a smaller brush then this similar to the mac 242 as far as width but with shorter bristles, sorry I don't have my mac brushes here for comparison. These are their bigger version but not too much bigger.
loveeeeee B509 is on my list Enjoy enjoy I wish we had options for colored handles I'm going to send them a email about that.also I heard in Japan u can have your name engraved on the brush how cool is that Love love love them

bwella

I still haven't decided, but it will be the J110 or the Large Yachiyo. The J110 seams more versatile though as you said. Does the large Yachiyo work for bronzer?

DMcG9

I still haven't decided, but it will be the J110 or the Large Yachiyo. The J110 seams more versatile though as you said. Does the large Yachiyo work for bronzer?
I've used both for blush but only J110 for bronzer. I don't see why you couldn't use the Yachiyo.
Just for curiosity's sake, I photographed from L to R the J110, medium pointed Yachiyo, and large pointed Yachiyo with a scale. Pardon the blush on the J110... need to clean it.

Latest posts