How did YOU find Specktra.net?

IDontKnowMomo

I honestly don't remember. All I remember is that I was so excited that I didn't take the time to look around before I signed up haha
smiles.gif

envyxo

by watching too many makeup tutorials on youtube.. on one of them the girl mentioned she gets MAC info from specktra.net... i was like specktra?? i need to go to this site!!

awomanofthelord

One of my girlfriends told me about this site. I love Makeup its just I don't really wear MAC. But I see how wonderful it looks on people
thmbup.gif

I Love when my girlies give me a makeover in MAC makeup hehe..

susannef

I was on mua when chelsea (and someone else I assume) left to create specktra. I didnt check it out then because I wasnt into mac back then. It's quite a while ago i think?

Anyhow I started lurking around here in early 2007 and made an account a little while after that.

BEA2LS

i found it through google back when i was interested in working at a makeup counter.. i joined and lurked for a good year before i became active though
ssad.gif

kabuki_KILLER

I actually found this Via Makeuptalk forums. I find not a lot of people respond to each other there. Then I migrated here. I like it better.

Mabelle

I don't know if ive responded to this topic yet... but here we go.

I used to be a member of a few popular Myspace Make up groups. I loved them, even posted a couple of fotds. Everyone on there would talk about specktra as a source for their info, of people's makeup for Sepcktra. I tried to nagvigate the site a few times, but got confused and gave up.

Last summer i said to hell with the myspace groups. The girls were just plain old catty and mean. There were always people fighting, and their was clearly an elitism in the group. The "cool kids" could do no wrong, and often jumped down your throat for the slightest thing. I was sick of it. I mean, yea it's the internet, and yes i dont know any of these people, but i'd like to go to a forum where everyone is treated pretty much the same (same level of respect anyway!) and it isnt always a huge childish catfight. Who wants to share in an atmosphere like that?! Sometimes i see memebers of the groups i was in on Spekctra. For themost part they are very quite. I think it's the "little fish in a big pond" thing at work.

I gave up those groups and decided to try Specktra out again. I found that nagivating the site wasnt as hard as i thought.. I've prety much been hoooked since last summer. I really do love this group. Everyone on here is so sweet and supportive, thats why people come here and spill their guts out! I would never have done that in the other group.

Any time any one gets out of line, they pretty much get shut down. Hell, it's happened to me! And i respect the mods for it!

Latest posts