How old were you when you started to wear makeup?

ClaireAvril

probably about 15 or 16..
good ol high school days.
I had a crap load of makeup and i left it in the girls washroom one day in school.. 5 minutes later by the time I realized I left it there and went back for it it was gone.. eww.. who wants to wear someone else's make up?

I was devastated.. But I grew strong and started my collection over again.

yodagirl

I was a late bloomer in the make-up lol

I think I finally bit the bullet and went to the Clinique counter for a foundation match when I was around 18. I mainly used foundation, blush, one eyeshadow color (purple), grey liner, and lip gloss...I spent the majority of my teen years a tomboy who wouldn't be caught dead wearing make-up lol and then decided to break down and try it. Loved it ever since
smiles.gif

darkbeauty27

When I was little around age 3 or 4, I performed in dance recitals and we wore lots of makeup. I also did a beauty pageant or two so I wore makeup then. I was about the same age.

I finally started wearing makeup for real at about age 11 or 12 and it was Clinique. I would wear foundation, maybe powder, and a shimmery pink lipstick. It was pretty minimal.

Carlyx

I remember playing about with mascara when I was about 10 and it went in my eye so I didn't touch it until I was about 12.

laperle

My mom used to make me all up for my ballet presentations. I didn't care for the ballet, but I looooved the make up
greengrin.gif

I was always trying to play with her stuff, so she decided to buy me very sheer fruity lipsticks for kids to leave her MU alone. I was 9 and things only got worse with years. Hahahaha

She wouldn't be able to control it, because I loved MU with a passion! My dad hated it, but now, in my 27yo, he gave up on diminishing MU.
smiles.gif

Aingail

I started when I was 14 with just a little make-up like mascara and lining my waterline ones in a while.

brokenxbeauty

I was 12, and I was so excited because my grandma sells Avon and gave me tons of free samples and makeup to try. So at first I went crazy and wore too much and it looked pretty bad (I cringe at my 7th grade school picture) but then I slowed down a little, and for a long time I only wore eyeliner and lipgloss, sometimes mascara.

KellyBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
full makeup like foundation etc. around 14

Yeah me too, like foundation, gloss, mascara, blush and that's it.

girlsaidwhat

I started in elementary school.
I'd take my mom's makeup...without her knowing...and put it on on the way to my bus stop, and wipe it off on the way back home from the bus stop at the end of the day. ::laughing::

I got into trouble for it a lot.

I couldn't /wait/ to grow up and be a ...Woman. : )

I think my mom started /allowing/ me to, about about 12. Just lip gloss. A little more at 13, etc. But I was doing it myself since I was small, (mostly) without her knowing. : )

DirtyHarriet

The daughter of two dear friends just turned 12. For her birthday I booked her a MAC makeover (pre-approved by her parents of course!). The MA was GREAT at picking colors, keeping things neutral and teaching her how to apply everything.

As the gift, I bought her some makeup.

We got:

quad
shroom pro pan
all that glitters pro pan
teddy e/l
slicked pink lipgelee

sonia kashiuk makeup case
maybeline full and soft mascara
sonia kashiuk e/s brush similar to the 239

No blush because she has beautifully rosy cheeks already.

She looks so cute when she wears it. She doesn't cake it on, and she only wears it for special occasions. Very cute.

She LOVED the makeover and her gift!
smiles.gif

Dottles

I started at the age of 10/11 just wearing eyeliner - black, go figure. I have an obsession with black eyeliner though. I find it hard to use any others. Probably because I've always worn black, but I'm slowly branching out, haha.

I guess I started wearing "Full faced" makeup at 13. I remember I used to CAKE that foundation on. It'd be foundation, powder, more foundation, more powder. Thank god I got out of that phase, it was disgusting thinking back. Haha.

candycane80

When I was 14 I wore mascara and lip gloss only. Then when I turned 16 I started wearing eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss. It was at 18-19 I ventured out and played with color and wore eyeshadow, foundation, blush the works! I think young girls wearing foundation look so silly. Do you even need foundation at such a young age? I am always so surprised to see girls that are 12 wearing as much makeup as I do at 28. My mom would never have allowed that why grow up before you need to?

jaclynashley

I grew up with all girls (my Dad wasn't really involved in my life) .
My mom and Aunt would always do their make-up and I was about 5 years old and they bought me one of those really cute plastic Caboodles make-up case and it was hugee !
They'd give me alot of children friendly make-up that I wore once every blue moon .
But I always wore lipgloss . (I loved yummy flavorings and scents !)
Although if there was a school party she'd put blush,eyeshadow,and lipgloss on me .
Then in 6th grade I wore a really tacky blue eyeshadow EW !
Never will forget that .
Idk why I never noticed people looking at me weird .
Then 7th grade came along and I had the CRAPPIEST blush brush from Clinique it was so prickly so I overdid my cheeks with blush . :/
And about 1 month after 7th grade I started wearing a bit of eyeliner,lipgloss,blush,and a bit of foundation when I broke out .
I am now in 8th grade and wear a full face only because I have terrible skin but as my skin gets better I'm using less and less .
All in all my Mom would've let me wear makeup whenever I wanted .
It's not so much as growing up so fast it's making yourself feel better about yourself and expressing your personality .
But I must say I've really gotten better at makeup (at least I hope so !) my friends actually want me to do their make-up !
smiles.gif

Dottles

I had really bad skin too, which is why I used to cake on the make up - I'm SO glad my skin got better and I got out of that phase. I must have looked god awful.

Latest posts