i have a confession to make....i HATE and HATE and HATE....

shoppingisme

welcome to 12 steps mac anonymous

hello, my name is shoppingisme and i'm a mac addict. however i have a confession to make - i hate lipglass!

esp. the clear!! boooooooo!!!

mac_lipglass_html.jpg

ugh!

it's sooo sticky and thick and makes your hair get stuck to your mouth and is like a fly trap.

and it gives you crackhead lips -- the build up of skin in the corner of your mouth.

and yes, i've exfoliated beforehand and primed and used chapstick and carmax and every friggin thing you can image to prevent it and everything else under the sun to get this stuff to work. this stuff just does not do it for me.

once, a little knat bug was stuck to my friends mouth when she had this on.

thmbdn.gif

okay, that's all....

please, proceed to throw the tomatoes and chairs

Hilly

LOL...i can agree with Lipglosses in general....so sticky and dries your lips out when they are already chapped.

vocaltest

hahah i completely agree! especially on the hair bit! i hate lipgloss in general, and most lipsticks, only thing i usually wear is carmex or burts bees!

kiss

I hate mac lipglasses too. (The colors are nice but I hate the formula!) Or sticky type lipglosses in general. Not all lipglosses are sticky though. There are lipglosses from drugstore brands that are light, non-sticky, last much longer than Mac's, don't crack your lips, and are cheaper too...

Twinkle_Twinkle

I don't like the MAC lipglass formula either. I don't even look at the LE ones anymore which is great because it's more money I can save for other parts of the collection. And the Clear lipglass is especially bad.

miamorlt

I am in complete agreement. I was walking from the parking lot to my job on a super windy day...only being outside for less than a minute when I walked in and my coworker said I looked like cousin IT since my hair was all stuck to my lip gloss. I like the way it looks but hate to be the one wearing it.

GlamYOURUs

All lip glosses do that though.

But what I find odd is that the CREAM lipglasses are less stickier. I have Sock Hop and Electro-Lush and they are less stickier than my 50 other shimmery ones.

darkishstar

Am I in the minority? I LOVE lipglass! I love that it's sticky.. because that's what makes it last longer. I mean, I'm a lipgloss junkie.. so I guess I expect it to be sticky. And GlamYOURus is right, the creamy ones are less sticky.

purrtykitty

Me, three! I hate that my hair get stuck in them, but I still love them! But I also don't get the dryness problem, either.

xoleaxo

haha! i have a love/hate relationship with lipglasses.. love them because they look so gorgeous, but hate them because they're so sticky and thick and when i wear them, i can't keep my windows down in my truck because my hair flies everywhere and gets stuck on my lips! not sexy!
smiles.gif

mrslisettecg

Lol!! I totally agree with xoleaxo!! The colors are awesome!! But my hubby hates them and refuses to kiss me when im wearing them, he totally hates that my lips are sticky!

hello_kitty

The clear one is a bit awkward... I actually hate the container it's in. When I go home to WY, every time I open up the clear one or a jelly it squirts everywhere because of the elevation change (sea level to 7200 feet).

I will agree that getting hair stuck on lips is not fun at all! I hated that when modeling outside... because I needed to have nice looking lips, but then I'd have to fight the wind and my hair.

Divinity

I'm in a love/hate relationship too... I feel like my mouth looks so AWESOME with it on, but I rarely wear it since I moved to the 'Windy City.' Sad.

clslvr6spd

I also have a love hate relationship...A little gust of wind and my hair gets stuck, then it just ends up on my sunglasses!
angry.gif
But I will never stop wearing them.

erine1881

i am a lipglass whore!!! but i do hate when my hair sticks to it. then when my hair hits my sunglasses, i get lipglass-y hair streaks on the lenses that take forever and a day to get off.

one way to take down the stickiness is to apply lip conditioner first, then lipglass. it takes the tackiness down, but it won't last as long.

-moonflower-

I love lipglosses! I don't find them drying at all.
And I dont find MAC lipglosses as sticky as most other brands.