i have a confession to make....i HATE and HATE and HATE....

MAC_Whore

I love the lipglasses. I have worn them for so long that I am sure I have consumed at least 20 gallons or so. I expect to digest many more before I die.

P.S. When they send me off to be cremated, make sure I am wearing Russian Red lipglass.

contrabassoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I love the lipglasses. I have worn them for so long that I am sure I have consumed at least 20 gallons or so. I expect to digest many more before I die.

P.S. When they send me off to be cremated, make sure I am wearing Russian Red lipglass.

Too funny!! But I have the same wish, to be wearing my favorite products and colourful clothes. None of this depressing black crap! My funeral better be more like a carnival celebrating the fact that I was on this Earth, not the mourning of my departure!!

But anyway, back to the topic! I actually used to hate lipglasses too until I started wearing Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers underneath the lipglasses. Now I get very minimal stickiness and when I take it off to reapply or at the end of the day my lips are soft.
Also, whenever I reapply lip products after eating I make sure I remove it completely so it's freshly applied and it doesn't feel sticky.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
I also have a love hate relationship...A little gust of wind and my hair gets stuck, then it just ends up on my sunglasses!
angry.gif
But I will never stop wearing them.

Same here! I've been thinking about branching out into something other than Lipglass, but I think most all glosses will still get in my hair if it happens to be blown across my lips. Booo!
tong.gif

liv

Mine is love/hate too. I love VGV's color, but it can be a tad too sticky sometimes. I've found others that are more sticky, so by that comparison it isn't so bad.

mistella

i have the same problem with mac lipglasses too! the white gunk and it makes my lips peel and flake ugh!

panda0410

I cant stand them either
ssad.gif
They are far too sticky for me, though I have to admit their staying power is longer than others. I stopped buying them though - the tackiness is a real offput to me, it just feels revoulting, and I cant stand that hubby wont kiss me with it on! I have a few Neutrogena ones which although dont last as long are much better for me because I like the feel better, I dont feel like I am wearing a handful of cake batter on my mouth...LOL!

tigerli17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslisettecg
Lol!! I totally agree with xoleaxo!! The colors are awesome!! But my hubby hates them and refuses to kiss me when im wearing them, he totally hates that my lips are sticky!

My boyfriend refuses to kiss me too! Especially with the new dazzleglasses coz it leaves a very glittery lip mark that he can't get rid of
tong.gif
Especially since he has a tash and beard.

Since the new dazzleglasses have come out I've totally sworn off lipglasses now, I find the dazzleglasses less sticky (thats just me though I think), they feel better on my lips too. When MAC make them permanent (and they will!) I might just sell my lipglasses and stick to dazzleglass.

QueenEmB

I've never been a fan of lipgloss for the reasons in this thread but I have recently got a couple for my birthday and if my hair is tied back i can just about tolerate them.

I've got a plushglass in Ample Pink and for a non-fan this is pretty much my HG

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
All lip glosses do that though.

But what I find odd is that the CREAM lipglasses are less stickier. I have Sock Hop and Electro-Lush and they are less stickier than my 50 other shimmery ones.

No..................NARS lip laquers are almost entirely lanolin and soften the lips. Fusion Lip Glosses also soften the lips,and neither is drying. Avoid products made of petroleum. Go for lanolin, beeswax,hyaluronic acid, collagen, etc. Sally Hanson makes very inexpensive glosses that condition the lips too.

infernalmachine

they ARE a bit too heavy, but it's true --the stickiness is what makes them last longer. i use drugstore lipglosses anyway-- rimmel and annabelle have excellent formulations.

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
No..................NARS lip laquers are almost entirely lanolin and soften the lips. Fusion Lip Glosses also soften the lips,and neither is drying. Avoid products made of petroleum. Go for lanolin, beeswax,hyaluronic acid, collagen, etc. Sally Hanson makes very inexpensive glosses that condition the lips too.

I am talking about them being sticky, hair stuck on your lips when the wind blows type of thing. Some are more stickier than others. Not about how they soften or condition the lips or what not. lol

Kuuipo

Quote:
I am talking about them being sticky, hair stuck on your lips when the wind blows type of thing. Some are more stickier than others. Not about how they soften or condition the lips or what not. lol

my bad
tong.gif

Lizzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
I have a few Neutrogena ones which although dont last as long are much better for me because I like the feel better, I dont feel like I am wearing a handful of cake batter on my mouth...LOL!

Neutrogena's lip gloss in "Chic" was my HG lip gloss for sooooooo long!

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore

Well... I love lipglass. I better be buried in Ample Pink Plushglass! Haha.

I personally dislike Lip Gelee. And I have to admit that sometimes clear lipglass runs on me. ;__;

SmileyfacedPen

I love lipglasses, but even more than that... is my love for 3Dglasses. I feel like a complete buffoon because I only bought one. I would give both my legs for 3Dglass to come back and be permanent. I know a lot of people didn't like them because they were sheer, but I absolutely adore the texture of them... so smooth and creamy. I really wish I had bought them all.

I like the texture of lipgelees, but when I wear them, the skin above my lip line feels strange, almost like I have a mustache.
tong.gif

Sweexy985

I LOVE Lipglasses.

They are soooo pigmented and pretty. The color you see is the color you get.

Yeah, they are sticky, but would you want anyone kissing that great color off your lips anyway? lol

Impress first, kiss later.

acu

Quote:
All lip glosses do that though.

But what I find odd is that the CREAM lipglasses are less stickier. I have Sock Hop and Electro-Lush and they are less stickier than my 50 other shimmery ones.

Yeah, I have Sock Hop as well and I just love love love that texture! But I'm not sure if all cream lipglasses are like that, coz 2N's also a cream lipglass but it's starting to feel like glue (sometimes it's kinda hard to pull out the wand, just feels like it's dried up or something), but people have said that it might've been a bad batch with the plastic smell...

And talking about stickiness, I'm sure the new dazzleglass is way stickier than regular lipglasses - I tried them on last time and didn't like it, but tried them on again today trying to convince myself to like them, but it was so sticky and drying that skin peeled off my lips!!
ssad.gif

DirtyHarriet

i'm with you! i HATE HATE HATE lipglass! it feels like glue on your lips. yuck!

Cargo and Bourjois both make lovely non-sticky glosses.
smiles.gif
i am also a HUGE fan of slimshines for their non sticky creamy loveliness.
greengrin.gif