Les Beiges de Chanel

khhmakeup

I can't decide between 10 & 20! Dominique - please tell us about/describe the shade you got. :)
Elegent-one, I checked these at my counter yesterday and they colour matched me to 10 for an all over setting powder, I am nc15 in MAC foundations, mineralize skin finish light plus, Chanel Vitaaqua Lumier cream compact in 10 beige for colour reference. For bronzing she colour matched me to 30 and then 50 but both seemed too orange for me. I didn't try 20 for bronzing because she had already covered my face with the other two. I think it depends on what you want to use this powder for. Very smooth and creamy.

elegant-one

Elegent-one, I checked these at my counter yesterday and they colour matched me to 10 for an all over setting powder, I am nc15 in MAC foundations, mineralize skin finish light plus, Chanel Vitaaqua Lumier cream compact in 10 beige for colour reference. For bronzing she colour matched me to 30 and then 50 but both seemed too orange for me. I didn't try 20 for bronzing because she had already covered my face with the other two. I think it depends on what you want to use this powder for. Very smooth and creamy.
Ahh, thanks! That was so nice of you. I appreciate the information. I will get 10.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks very much! I'm about the same skin tone as you, so this gives me something to go on. I wasn't thinking about these, but when I swatched the powder, I really liked how smooth it was. Now I can't STOP thinking about them.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
What are the opinions on the scent of the powder? I read that it's quite intense. I'm a little scared now to order it, since I'm allergic to the scent of some Chanel prodcuts, (No5 perfume, VA foundation, etc).
Is it similar to any other Chanel product?
It should be available online early next week here. And we only have shades 10, 30, 40, 50, 70.

khhmakeup

Hi ladies.. I'm in Canada so I'm not sure if they're out in the United States or not but they're at the bay here. I bought mine today since I couldn't resist!! The smell isn't noticeable on but it is in the pan. To me, it isn't over powering like some chanel perfumes it's actually very nice. Hope that helps!!

Bonitinha

Ahh, thanks! That was so nice of you. I appreciate the information. I will get 10.
Elegant, is the 10 the light pink-ish looking one? I have to get one, if not just for that gorgeous compact
heart.gif

Dominique33

Yes the 10 is the lightest, in theory Chanel launches 7 shades but I don't know if they will be available everywhere. At Sephora they only have 5 but I guess the 7 shades will be there on Chanel official website. I have the 20, it's a very soft beige ( of course lol ), very translucent in fact, very natural indeed. The 10 looks pale, pink beige but the 20 is very pale too ( not in the pan but the colour looks quite different once applied on the face ). It's a perfect powder, incredibly soft and smooth.

elegant-one

Yes the 10 is the lightest, in theory Chanel launches 7 shades but I don't know if they will be available everywhere. At Sephora they only have 5 but I guess the 7 shades will be there on Chanel official website. I have the 20, it's a very soft beige ( of course lol ), very translucent in fact, very natural indeed. The 10 looks pale, pink beige but the 20 is very pale too ( not in the pan but the colour looks quite different once applied on the face ). It's a perfect powder, incredibly soft and smooth.
You are really pale, so why did you choose the 20 over the 10? I feel like I want the 10, but because you got the 20 I am wondering if that is the shade I should get?

Electrarock

Pics, info and swatch (in French): http://beaute-blog.blogspot.com.es/2013/03/les-beiges-de-chanel-et-tu-seras-belle.html

Dominique33

love.gif
Yes, its the lighter pink looking one. I guess I will get that shade. We NEED this compact
girlhaha.gif

You are really pale, so why did you choose the 20 over the 10? I feel like I want the 10, but because you got the 20 I am wondering if that is the shade I should get?
Actually I had no choice, at Sephora they only have 5 shades ( for the time being ). I am " medium/fair ", quite pale yes because I never ever go sunbathing, my complexion is NW25. The 10 is rosy and very pale, the 20 looks darker than it is on the skin, when you apply les Beiges it's extremely sheer and natural, I think a Kabuki can help, the brush in the pan is lovely but small ( good though ), 10 is a soft rosy veil on the skin I guess ( I love rose shades but choosing 10 would have been a mistake ), the 20 looks like the Poudre Universelle Libre in Pêche Clair if you want, the 10 would be for very fair complexions in my opinion.

elegant-one

Actually I had no choice, at Sephora they only have 5 shades ( for the time being ). I am " medium/fair ", quite pale yes because I never ever go sunbathing, my complexion is NW25. The 10 is rosy and very pale, the 20 looks darker than it is on the skin, when you apply les Beiges it's extremely sheer and natural, I think a Kabuki can help, the brush in the pan is lovely but small ( good though ), 10 is a soft rosy veil on the skin I guess ( I love rose shades but choosing 10 would have been a mistake ), the 20 looks like the Poudre Universelle Libre in Pêche Clair if you want, the 10 would be for very fair complexions in my opinion.
Thanks my dear! That does help me. 10 for sure ;)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
So what about the the LE kabuki brush that's supposed to come out with this? Are there any pics of it? I suspect we won't get that one over here.
001_unsure.gif

Thanks my dear! That does help me. 10 for sure ;)
Elegant, I will order 10 and hopefully have it by next week. I will let you know what I think of it :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
I was swatching these on my hand again yesterday and the finish of these powders is really, really nice. I might have to cave and get #10, which is a good match to my skin. The texture of these is just so ridiculously soft and almost creamy, but at the same time very light. Even on my hand, I could see the difference when I buffed the colour a little. Since I just bought the Nars setting powder, I don't think I can justify another one so quickly, but soon...

Latest posts