Les Beiges de Chanel

Dominique33

So what about the the LE kabuki brush that's supposed to come out with this? Are there any pics of it? I suspect we won't get that one over here.
001_unsure.gif

Elegant, I will order 10 and hopefully have it by next week. I will let you know what I think of it :)
http://www.chanel.com/fr_FR/parfums-beaute/Maquillage-Maquillage-belle-mine-LES-BEIGES-146540

I haven't seen it at Sephora, the collection was not on counters ! I only know we have 5 shades only ( and not the 10 ), a lot of collections arrived at the same time, the Hypnôse Palettes ( gorgeous ) are here and the Dior glosses + the 4 Dior nail polishes too.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
http://www.chanel.com/fr_FR/parfums-beaute/Maquillage-Maquillage-belle-mine-LES-BEIGES-146540

I haven't seen it at Sephora, the collection was not on counters ! I only know we have 5 shades only ( and not the 10 ), a lot of collections arrived at the same time, the Hypnôse Palettes ( gorgeous ) are here and the Dior glosses + the 4 Dior nail polishes too.
Thanks for the link! I wonder what the price will be. Around 40 Euro would be my guess. The powder is already listed online here, but I don't see the brush, that's why I'm thinking we won't get it.
So weird that you're not getting 10. We have 10 in Germany but not 20, how odd!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks for the link! I wonder what the price will be. Around 40 Euro would be my guess. The powder is already listed online here, but I don't see the brush, that's why I'm thinking we won't get it.
So weird that you're not getting 10. We have 10 in Germany but not 20, how odd!
If it helps, it's $60 in Canada. For reference, most Chanel lipsticks are $40 and a 4-shadow palette is $68 last time I got one.

BlahWah

Just saw the Giselle ad for this powder and I'm sooo curious about it! I've been trying to stick to one brand though (to rein in the spending!) so I'm wondering how these may compare to the Burberry sheer powders and warm glows. Hoping to have a chance to check these all out at Holts tomorrow! (fingers and toes crossed that lil baby agrees with this plan)

Winthrop44

The les beiges will be available in Europe and Asia next month, but won't come out in USA until August. It's not part of the summer collection.

In the USA it's going to sell for $57.50

and it's dubbed "Healthy Glow Sheer Colour SPF 15"

BlahWah

I got a chance to see them yesterday but didn't try any on. I swatched #20 on my hand and while it seemed a bit light for me, the powder is really sheer so I don't think it would wash me out. I looked at #30 and it seemed it would be more of a colour boost, wandering into bronzer territory for me so I might get than one as we enter the warmer months (if I do finally crack and decide to buy one!). It looks significantly darker in the pan than #20. For reference, I'm NC25/30, Burberry Trench No. 5 (No. 7 with a good tan, 203 in Velvet Foundation). They do feel really creamy!

replica

Hello,
I can't say I am blown away by this, I got the lightest shade No.10, which is a tad darker than my skintone but as its so sheer works fine, but whislt I think its a nice finishing powder I don't think it enhances the complexion as much as I was expecting.

Dominique33

Yes les Beiges is soft, creamy and very natural. But I think a Kabuki brush definitely would be useful !
To me, it's a perfect powder but I don't understand why we don't have the 7 shades !

Monsy

http://visionarybeauty.blogspot.com/2013/03/chanel-les-beiges-healthy-glow-sheer.html

found this review

smokeyrose

So what about the the LE kabuki brush that's supposed to come out with this? Are there any pics of it? I suspect we won't get that one over here.
001_unsure.gif
So the kabuki is LE, but the powder isn't, am I correct? I am not interested in the powder after so many people saying it's mediocre, now the brush on the other hand (esp after I heard it's synthetic)! ... looks like the brush will be available in Germany - just saw it on the Parfumerie Pieper website. Any idea why we don't have the same selection of permanent brushes like the UK?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
So the kabuki is LE, but the powder isn't, am I correct? I am not interested in the powder after so many people saying it's mediocre, now the brush on the other hand (esp after I heard it's synthetic)! ... looks like the brush will be available in Germany - just saw it on the Parfumerie Pieper website. Any idea why we don't have the same selection of permanent brushes like the UK?
Ha! I was just about to post that I saw the brush on that website. But looks like it's only available there and not on other sites like Douglas. (which is bad news for me if I do decide to get it, because I can't order from Pieper. My orders never go through and the CS doesn't want can't help me apparently
th_rolleye0014.gif
)
Yes, I read that the brush is LE, but I can't say for sure that the info is correct. The powder is permanent.

I have wondered about the brushes before, seems like we only have the Kabuki and the retractable lip brush here - at least online, I don't know what the situtation on counters is, since I rarely make it to one and the ones near me are tiny anyway.

BlahWah

Today I end1ed up at Bayview VIllage in Toronto (North York) and visited the Shoppers Drugmart there. It's been renovated and now includes more HE brands like Chanel and YSL to go along with Stila, Benefit, Dior, UD and Shiseido - nice competition for Sephora! The powders are there (shades 10-50) so I checked them out again, this time having #30 buffed onto my face with the kabuki (which is amazingly soft!!). It does show up significantly darker on my face when compared to my neck but again, that was with a very dense brush so I would try it instead with a stippling brush over my current foundation and swept down to my decolletage.

Since it's available at SDM, I'll wait for the next points redemption event to get it - and maybe the kabuki - for free! Too bad, there was one this weekend and I didn't bother since I thought the release was today. Apparently it came out on Friday, boo!!

BlahWah

Yes, I read that the brush is LE, but I can't say for sure that the info is correct. The powder is permanent.
I asked the MA at the Shoppers counter who asked his boss (head office was visiting to see how the new location was doing, it seemed) and she said the brush is part of the core collection. I really hope so! That way I can redeem my points for all of the powder and part of the brush in the future, but if it's LE... I may have to give up hope of having it at all. =( Can't afford to get it right now.

Monsy

I don't think photos show accurate color. I guess we'll have to wait and see... I really have high expectations from this.

smooch3s

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Hi Everyone! I contacted Chanel customer service to see when these will launch in the US. Below is their response:
[/FONT]
Thank you for taking the time to contact Chanel. We take your comments and questions seriously and appreciate you taking the time to write. Please know that at this time that information has not been communicated to us.

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]I'm disappointed that it took 4 days to get back to me and that they have no idea when this is getting launched. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Hope this helps! [/FONT]

smokeyrose

Ha! I was just about to post that I saw the brush on that website. But looks like it's only available there and not on other sites like Douglas. (which is bad news for me if I do decide to get it, because I can't order from Pieper. My orders never go through and the CS doesn't want can't help me apparently
th_rolleye0014.gif
)

I have wondered about the brushes before, seems like we only have the Kabuki and the retractable lip brush here - at least online, I don't know what the situtation on counters is, since I rarely make it to one and the ones near me are tiny anyway.
It is available on Douglas now, as well as the powder. I contacted Pieper and they said they didn't get the shipment yet & aren't sure when they are gonna get it.
They also told me they had no info from Chanel if and which Les Beiges items will be permanent.
As for your problems with them, I know what you mean! It's such a hassle I try to order elsewhere unless they have something available noone else has or the price can't be beaten.

I think the brushes available online are the only brushes available at counters, too
oh.gif
. If they look good irl I might pick up some of "foreign" Chanel brushes next time I'm in London (my list is growing longer and longer!).