Les Beiges de Chanel

Dominique33

hmmm...so what do you think?
I don't agree, it's a very good powder but a good brush is needed too. It's very light, as I said a soft veil on the skin but the texture is perfect, so is the result. Shades are fair though, I have 20 and I should have taken 30 also. But the powder itself is good, it really gives a healthy skin in a very very natural way. So many powders are " heavy " Les Beiges is not. Maybe that's why the review is not so good. Les Beiges is lighter than a feather, so it's quite surprising when you apply it for the 1st time.

Teger

On the first page I posted that these won't be launching in the USA until August. They will retail for $57.50

The CC Cream USA launch was also pushed back to late June/early July.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
It is available on Douglas now, as well as the powder. I contacted Pieper and they said they didn't get the shipment yet & aren't sure when they are gonna get it.
They also told me they had no info from Chanel if and which Les Beiges items will be permanent.
As for your problems with them, I know what you mean! It's such a hassle I try to order elsewhere unless they have something available noone else has or the price can't be beaten.

I think the brushes available online are the only brushes available at counters, too
oh.gif
. If they look good irl I might pick up some of "foreign" Chanel brushes next time I'm in London (my list is growing longer and longer!).
I tried to place an order there again today, since they have 20% off. I wanted to get the Kabuki, but again, my orders don't go through. So annoying!
I figured I want to get brush now, because it's LE, and will have to wait to get the powder. I can't afford to get both at the moment. (Sorry Elegant-one, no pics&swatches for now
ssad.gif
)

Next month there's the Glamour Shopping Week and there will be a Parfumdreams coupon, I hope someone will post it online. I don't want to buy the magazine just for that.

smokeyrose

I ordered the brush through Douglas and it worked, maybe you should do the same? I tried ordering through Pieper, got an error, and a 10€ off code for my next purchase
blink.gif
... they would certainly make more profit if they just fixed their system
rants.gif

Seems like the brush is worth getting: "gossmakeupchat" has uploaded a quick review for it, he says it's a great!

BlahWah

Shoppers Drugmart had a redemption day so I got the brush and the powder - yay! I got #30 which I find a bit dark on even with a stippling brush, but it wasn't over "fresh" foundation (and just a light powder dusting of foundation at that) since I picked it up at noon. It should be fine once we move to the warmer months. I'm itching to get #20 tho....!!

smooch3s

Sooooo....yesterday I received another email regarding my inquiry about when Les Beiges will launch in the US. There's now a wait list. Here's the info and link I received from Chanel Customer Service:

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Thank you for taking the time to contact Chanel regarding Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Colour SPF 15. [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Les Beiges will make its debut in August 2013. To be the first to know when this simple, natural, and versatile makeup will be available, please join our Les Beiges waitlist at

http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/Les-Beiges-WaitList-136999

[/FONT]

smokeyrose

I received the kabuki brush and will try to make some pics in the next days. I haven't used it yet. Here are my first impressions:

- It's bigger than I thought it would be, about 9cm long (closed) and 3 cm wide, which makes it similar in size to the Everyday Minerals kabuki and a lot of other short-handled face brushes. The cap on the Chanel brush makes it more convenient for on the go/travel though.
- The case is shiny & black, white logo on one end. Attracts fingerprints. Not sure if/how the material will handle scratches. The construction feels sturdy, the cap won't untwist itself in a makeup bag (bad english?).
- The hair on this brush is - just as Goss said - the softest synthetic hair ever! Out of my collection of synthetic face brushes I find this brush closest to the MUFE kabuki and Sonia Kashuk flat top in terms of hair softness, both of them feel kind of scratchy in comparison to the Chanel kabuki to me now.
- Somehow it reminds me of a better constructed version of the MUFE kabuki (awful plastic handle that splits). Compared to the Chanel brush, the brush head is just a little bit wider (fluffier, not as dense) and about 1/3 longer. The plastic handle won't last long on me, so I was looking for a brush to replace the MUFE kabuki because I absolutely love the results it gives ("airbrushed looking face"). I hope the Chanel kabuki brush will perform the same if not better - will update once I have mustered up the courage to use it!

Dominique33

Great video, the brush looks perfect ( not available at Sephora maybe I haven't seen it ? ), the powder is a must-have.

elegant-one

I cannot believe that they will not launch this in the US until August! That brush looks like a must have. I don't want to wait
sigh.gif

elegant-one

On the first page I posted that these won't be launching in the USA until August. They will retail for $57.50

The CC Cream USA launch was also pushed back to late June/early July.
Whats the Kabuki brush going to be $$$ in the US?