Liquid Lipstick thread

Sandy072

You're welcome! I do find them slightly more drying than the KVD liquid lippies though, if that's a point of concern for you.
Good to know, thanks! I had the nude peach fuzz color and I think the color was not great plus drying and wore off strangely. Might be worth trying again with Copenhagen or the other dark one whose name escapes me

laurennnxox

I just got KVD Vampira this weekend and I'm trying really hard to love it, but damn that thing cracks (even after putting lip primer beforehand)! And God forbid I had a sip of anything, the middle will come off and leave me looking craaaaaaaaaaaaazy. Not to mention the mess I made when I tried to take it off!

..But it's such a beautiful dark color, I really want to like it :(

I've also tried the Sephora cream lip stain in Endless Purple and Always Red. Those were okay, definitely need to use a lip liner though.

I missed out on LC Salem when Sephora had it, maybe I'll get it at Urban Outfitters and try it out. But that Cashmere color looks like a thing of beauty!!!!
sigh.gif
Oh nooooooo! I'm sorry to hear that. I have Vampira in my cart for the longest time and can never decide to pull the trigger. It seriously sucks when the middle part of your lipstick comes off, giving you that crazy O shape! Hmm, I'm reconsidering now. I have Bauhau5, and love it. Wonder if there really is a difference between the shades.

CrimsonQuill157

I just got KVD Vampira this weekend and I'm trying really hard to love it, but damn that thing cracks (even after putting lip primer beforehand)! And God forbid I had a sip of anything, the middle will come off and leave me looking craaaaaaaaaaaaazy. Not to mention the mess I made when I tried to take it off!

..But it's such a beautiful dark color, I really want to like it :(

I've also tried the Sephora cream lip stain in Endless Purple and Always Red. Those were okay, definitely need to use a lip liner though.

I missed out on LC Salem when Sephora had it, maybe I'll get it at Urban Outfitters and try it out. But that Cashmere color looks like a thing of beauty!!!!
sigh.gif
I have the same issues with Vampira. Super drying, cracks like crazy. She is lucky I love the way she looks on me or she'd be getting passed on.

CrimsonQuill157

A youtuber I follow (KathleenLights) posted a video of her wearing a liquid lipstick called Demure by Girlactik. There are swatches of all of the lip paints in this blog post: http://fortheloveofmakeupbaby.blogspot.com/2014/08/girlactik-matte-lip-paint-review.html

I really want Demure... but $23 is quite a bit for a brand I'm unfamiliar with. That's more than any other liquid lipstick, even the Stila which is $22 (and I want a couple of those too...)

emberdarling

okayyy green with envy over MissKittys collection for SURE!
I wish I could own all the matte liquid lipsticks. I prefer to wear them over any other type. I just don't have a bunch.

Misskitty how do you like the wet n wild kind?! I have never tried them but have been meaning to. I like their regular lipsticks for the most part so.

MissKittie

If that is your "liquid" lipstick collection I can only imagine what your regular lipstick collection looks like. Lol. This is pretty impressive. Which one is your fav?
Lol, I'm embarrassed to say that I own over 500 regular lipsticks! As far as favorites, I'm going to have to go with the Kat Von D and Sephora brands. The standouts are...

Sephora "Always Red"
Sephora "Dark Berry"
Kat Von D "Vampira"
Kat Von D "L.U.V"
Kat Von D "Armageddon"

MissKittie

okayyy green with envy over MissKittys collection for SURE!
I wish I could own all the matte liquid lipsticks. I prefer to wear them over any other type. I just don't have a bunch.

Misskitty how do you like the wet n wild kind?! I have never tried them but have been meaning to. I like their regular lipsticks for the most part so.

The Wet N Wild ones flake like crazy. I'm not a big fan of them

thefbomb

Lol, I'm embarrassed to say that I own over 500 regular lipsticks! As far as favorites, I'm going to have to go with the Kat Von D and Sephora brands. The standouts are...

Sephora "Always Red"
Sephora "Dark Berry"
Kat Von D "Vampira"
Kat Von D "L.U.V"
Kat Von D "Armageddon"
WOW!
clapping.gif
thud.gif

NaomiH

I only have one liquid lipstick and it's Guerlain Rouge G De Guerlain L'Extrait in Orgueil M69 but I LOVE it!

Vandekamp

Lol, I'm embarrassed to say that I own over 500 regular lipsticks! As far as favorites, I'm going to have to go with the Kat Von D and Sephora brands. The standouts are... Sephora "Always Red" Sephora "Dark Berry" Kat Von D "Vampira" Kat Von D "L.U.V" Kat Von D "Armageddon"
:sweet: That is pretty impressive. Are you a MU artist?

Sandy072

Picked up bauhau5 tonight, it is love!!! Been wearing for about an hour, not too drying yet. I wanted Lolita too and the sephora website showed it in stock, but they didn't have it. Even the tester was gone!

Vandekamp

Picked up bauhau5 tonight, it is love!!! Been wearing for about an hour, not too drying yet. I wanted Lolita too and the sephora website showed it in stock, but they didn't have it. Even the tester was gone!
Bauhau5 is total LOVE.

laurennnxox

That's funny, I just picked up Vampira today! About to swatch it on my lips
amuse.gif

babycheri

Ok....I have been a fan of the Matte Liquid Lipsticks for a loooooonnnnnggggg time, so I have A TON (don't judge me lol) Kat Von D: Outlaw Underage Red Lolita A Go Go Vampira Bauhau5 Backstage Bambi Berlin Jeffree Bachelorette L.U.V Armageddon Pretty Zombie Cosmetics 3 Witches Spellbook Black Cat Pink Potion Potion #9 Blue Moon Purple Poison Zombettie Stila Aria Fiery Sephora Cream Lip Stains #01 Always Red #04 Endless Purple #10 Dark Berry #07 Everlasting Burgundy #02 Classic Beige #03 Strawberry Lime Crime Red Velvet Suedeberry Wicked Salem NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams Sydney Morocco Monte Carlo Transylvania Ibiza Cairo Prague Addis Ababa Buenos Aires Copenhagan Wet N Wild Megalast liquid Lipsticks #922A Cherry On Top #923A Back to the Fuchsia #924A Click On My HyperPink #932A I Can Bare It #930A Raisin The Roof CoverGirl Outlast Liquid Lipstick #626 ~ (Think M.A.C's "Pander Me" Matte Lipstick) #544 ~ (Think M.A.C's "Film Noir" Lipstick) #507 ~ (Think M.A.C's Ruby Woo Lipstick) #526 #590 #661 #598 #556 #581 M.A.C Prolongwear Lipcolour Lasting Lust Elf Lip Stains #82508 Red Carpet #82502 Heartbreaker #82501 Birthday Suit Aboni Cosmetics Safari/Marine And there you have it ladies! My entire Matte Liquid Lipstick Collection! These are the colors I'm still hoping to get... Lime Crime "Pink Velvet" Lime Crime "Utopia" The New Lime Crime ones that are coming out Stila "Dolce" Stila "Bellissima" Stila "Carina" Stila "Fiore" Hourglass "Icon" The Dose Of Colors lls The Coloured Raine lls The LA Splash lls
How do you like Black cat from Pretty Zombies? I'm thinking about it but I've never ordered from them. I'm choosing between that and LC's Black Velvet

nt234

Have you tried stila's aria?
I don't have berry me but the swatches i've seen online look really similar to stila liquid lipstick in aria
I think Berry Me is just a tad deeper than Aria (nothing that lipliner can't fix), but I ended up picking up Stila's Aria (thanks to you) and I absolutely love it! I've gotten so many compliments on it as well. Thanks a bunch!

emberdarling

For everyone interested, the LA splash ones go on sale later today (11/20)!
I don't know if I am going to be able to get any, I hope they stick around for a while but I'm not sure.