Loreal HIP

kristakamikaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaMrs
omg! I love these shadows. I have all of these except for showy (which in otw to me..ebay)!! I want that palette! I cant find it anywhere online! Where can I get that one, or somthing comparible to it, that will fit these? :confused:

im from the usa,
an di dont understand german,
is there any other site to order from?!

missgiggly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristakamikaze
i have the lightest shade of their paints,
and they do make a very good base

Oooh, is it comparable to paints and paint pots? A good alternative? I'm thinking about buying a couple..

gracetre123

I got the cream eyeliner...you know the one like mac´s fluidliner, but it´s getting so dry...and it´s hard to apply it...is it normal?? can I do anything to fix it??TIA

SparklyDiamonds

FYI the line is BOGO @ CVS This week
smiles.gif

mrheine

anyone know if it's bogo anywhere this week, aside from cvs? washington doesn't have that one, or at leastaround me.
ssad.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrheine
anyone know if it's bogo anywhere this week, aside from cvs? washington doesn't have that one, or at leastaround me.
ssad.gif

ULTA, now through May 12th. Shall we warn Northgate Mall to watch out?
th_LMAO.gif

mrheine

LOL i know!!!
smiles.gif
i really wanted to try them after hearing SO many rave reviews but couldn't justify the price without being able to try them (as opposed to mac products) but went to the southcenter one on monday (was in the area) and saw they were bogo. i LOVE them ones i bought, which were the purple and black ones and am definitely going back tomorrow for the brown and blue ones. for the first time in my LIFE i don't have raccoon eyes!

Obreathemykiss

I wish I had a CVS in Albuquerque. We don't have anything cool...well a freestanding MAC store, but still I would love to find DS products like this on bogo. I long for a Sephora, Ulta, and better high-end counters!

M.A.C. head.

I love that line! I haven't tried many of the shadows yet, but I like the ones I have tried. I have a few of the glosses and they are actually some of my favorites out of all the trillions of glosses that I own LOL I also have the gel liner and OH MY GOD it's amazing. I actually prefer it over MACs Blacktrack fluidline, which is crazy because that was my fave thing for the longest.

To the poster to made the comment about HiP being a "rip off" of MAC:

How about you cut the BS and just call it an "alternative"? I am a MAC fanatic just as a lot of us are, but not everyone in here can afford to cash out like that.

mrheine

i heard rave reviews for the hip eyeliners...and saw some bogo at ulta last week. i bought the black and eggplant to try out because even if it's "outrageously expensive for a drugstore product" it's still really reasonable on bogo or even buy one, get one 50%.

i'm in love with the black one, and the purple one doesn't go on as vibrant as i'd like, but it's a good alternative for when black might be too much.

just a heads up, everything HIP is BOGO at rite aid as of today's papers lol.
i'm planning on getting the peacock one and brown one. $22 for 4 of these amazing products isn't bad at ALL.

venusapollo

I have quite a few of these pigments. I really like Intrepid. I also have the light purple which is somewhat similar to my all time favorite-Urban Decay's Asphyxia color. I also have the Tan, Light Green, Teal and frosty off white one. I wasn't as impressed with the light green and tan until I used a darker base. The tealish gray blue color looks nice with or without a base. The duo eyeshadows are great too. But I would stay away from the matte colors. Flamboyant(yellow and purple) is a hit and miss. The yellow is great but the purple sucks bigtime. I think the others I have are really blendable though and the color payoff is pretty great. I bought a green eyeshadow pigment stick which is hard to apply. I will try the wet method now that I have heard about it.
When they are buy one get one it is awesome.
Also I think rite aid will let you return makeup if you dont like it. But double check first.
Hope this helps!

christineeee_

i just bought the mascara b/c is came with a bonus e/s duo (brazen) for $9.96 CDN at wal-mart...i still have to test it out.

KimmyAnn_678

I went to 4 Rite Aids today looking for the gel eyeliners and none of them had them! A lady I know works at the one and she said she thought they had to send them back which seems possible as it wasn't like they were out of them, they didn't even have spots for them. I did get the Parrot dupe which I'm wearing now and love it it and another I think was Cheeky, shimmering magenta and purple-plum.

newagetomatoz

Mine are sort of like that. Only a few carry the paints and new lipglosses, and some just carry the very small limited line. I think it in part has to do with the displayers that they have. The newer and bigger drugstore tend to get the modified displayers that are meant for the eyeliners, pencils, etc. My Rite Aids only have the small original, but my CVS, which came in less than a year ago, has almost the full line.

macchristyy

for a couple more dollars i would rather just buy MAC stuff BUT their cream liners are way better than fluid lines (if you apply it as a liner) they are just more pigmented so thats a
thmbup.gif

and yea i really do think HIP is a cheaper version of MAC so if you want to save a couple of dollars then go right ahead and get HIP. but i would just get mac because the quality is better. sure HIP has paints and pigments and the packaging is almost the same as MAC but they are DONT blend as well as MACs.

thebreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
To the poster to made the comment about HiP being a "rip off" of MAC:

How about you cut the BS and just call it an "alternative"? I am a MAC fanatic just as a lot of us are, but not everyone in here can afford to cash out like that.

Come on now. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. There is no need to act like that.

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
I find it ridiculously expensive for a drugstore brand and complete ripoff of MAC. Even the font is the same! My fiancee (typical male when it comes to makeup) even noticed the similarities and commented that they are trying to copy MAC. I find it amusing.

It also costs a whole lot more , for the pigment at least you get 1.5 grams for 10-13 $ while with MAC you get 7.5 grams for 19.00 so to get 7 grams of the HIP pigment ( that amount you'd get with MAC) You are spending almost if not more that $70.00......