Loreal HIP

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obreathemykiss
I wish I had a CVS in Albuquerque. We don't have anything cool...well a freestanding MAC store, but still I would love to find DS products like this on bogo. I long for a Sephora, Ulta, and better high-end counters!

They have HIP at walmart and K mart in my area .... But look at the price per gram and compare to MAC, It's much for expensive

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebreat
Come on now. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. There is no need to act like that.

If everyone is allowed to have their opinion then RESPECT MINE and move on.

SkylarV217

Aside from my other posts , I don't have aMAC store anywhere remotely close so HIP is an alternative , even with the higher prices I would never EVER be able to use a full jar of pigment so the smaller amount is okay for me. I've heard excellent reviews for their eyelash extender which I've gone to 9 stores to try to find and can't find ANYWHERE. ( If anyone has it in your area and would custom purchase for me I would love you forever!). I bought one of the paints and a gel liner today . They are BOGO 50% off at CVS ~ You can't beat that ! I was disappointed that Wall-greens had all loreal Paris products bogo but the HIP wasn't included ..... GRR.

KimmyAnn_678

I can't find eyeshadow extender anywhere either... I've heard alot of people finding it clearanced or in Dollar Stores, so I have a feeling it was discontinued or they are reformulating it or something?

Pigments might not be a better deal, but Gel Eyeliners are
smiles.gif

Fluidlines work out to $5 per gram ($15 for 3 grams). HIP's are $11.99 for 4.5 grams, or $2.66 per gram and if you get them BOGO Free, it's only $1.33 per gram...
smiles.gif
If I did the math right anyways LOL!

thebreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
If everyone is allowed to have their opinion then RESPECT MINE and move on.

I wasn't talking about your opinion, but I didn't mean to make you angry. Omg, sorry.

But as for the eyeshadows, I found that the matte shadows creased on me. The shimmery ones stayed ok, but the matte did not.

Tashona Helena

Wow...drama. Hello economics class ladies, we're talking about monopolistic competition there is allowed to be many sellers of the same products, and they're allowed to have similarities. With that said, I think HIP rocks, it give me my makeup fix when I can't get to MAC. Bare in mind ladies not everyone is lucky enough to live 15 minutes to a MAC. Try about 30-40 minutes for me. Compared to going 5 minutes down the road to Happy's to pick up some comparable eyeshadow instead of adding on gas mileage to the price of MAC. Of course I love MAC but it's not as accessible. So, when I'm craving new shiny stuff I hit up the drug stores. Their gel liner is awesome. Lip glosses have such pretty colors...I don't like the tube lipgloss though, I got it when HIP first came out in a bonus pack from target. Dynamic Color eyeshadows are better than the regular ones IMO tho.
smiles.gif

KimmyAnn_678

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashona Heléna
So, when I'm craving new shiny stuff I hit up the drug stores.

You hit the nail on the head LOL
smiles.gif
I work at a Macy's, but we only have Lancome, Lauder, Clinique and Arden, so HIP is great for my make up fix when I need something new, cheap and fun
greengrin.gif
Also great for those nights when I can't fall asleep at like 2 in the morning and I feel like playing with new make up... 24 hour drugstores LOL.

I love the line. I have most of the e/s duos and I want to get the rest of them. They are a good price if you want pigmented on the cheap.

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarV217
They have HIP at walmart and K mart in my area .... But look at the price per gram and compare to MAC, It's much for expensive

Which is why I wait for a BOGO sale, and even then I have a coupon.
winks.gif

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
Which is why I wait for a BOGO sale, and even then I have a coupon.
winks.gif

=) Same here , I think it's misleading Everyone thinks HIP is so much cheaper that MAC b/c it's a "drugstore" brand,when at least the Pigments are a lot more expensive. A lot of Drug Store brands are like that , when buying comparable products simply b/c they are "cheaper" be sure to calculate the price per oz, or whatever the unit is , You may be extremely surprised =)

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarV217
=) Same here , I think it's misleading Everyone thinks HIP is so much cheaper that MAC b/c it's a "drugstore" brand,when at least the Pigments are a lot more expensive. A lot of Drug Store brands are like that , when buying comparable products simply b/c they are "cheaper" be sure to calculate the price per oz, or whatever the unit is , You may be extremely surprised =)

Ever since my dad pointed out the price per___ of something at stores when we were shopping when I was younger, I've been doing that with makeup now instead. I never buy the pigments because just by looking at it you can see the huge price v. product gap. Plus, HIP pigments bare a striking resemblence to MAC's, and I already own most of the MAC equivalent pigments in the HIP line so I can definately pass on those.

But with the eyeliners, eyeshadow duos, eye crayons, paints, and lipglosses it is so worth it! IMO the gel liners are on par with MAC's! And if I can score them for about $5 + tax after BOGO and coupon, I am so going for it!

SkylarV217

Oh yeah I know I just bought the brown gel liner and I am so SOLD .... Its awesome =) .... I didn't really price check with any of the others except for the pigments

mrheine

i'm a little obsessed with the gel liners after a friend reccomended them! bought the black and eggplant bogo and then went back for brown and the teal one. 4 gel liners for $22, can't beat that at ALL.
smiles.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

WHY am I just now hearing about these gel liners and why haven't i noticed them in the store? My spending money is spent but I have some manufacturer coupons and a coupon from CVS, and I WILL be using them on payday to get these gel liners! LOL

TIERAsta

i've only tried the cream liner. i just got it like 2 weeks ago & have only played with it at home. i tried the little brush, but i just find it so much sturdier to use my full size eyeliner brush anyhow.

xllmodelcece

Quote:
Originally Posted by labwom
I totally know what you mean. They have an exact copy of Blue Brown and Pink Pearl. I bought the one that looks like Blue Brown and I swatched it with my mac pigment and could not tell the difference at all. But then again if mac is too expensive for some people this would be the way to go. But still... I haven't noticed the font yet but I will check it out lol.

what are the colors called that are an exact match for blue brown and pink pearl

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by xllmodelcece
what are the colors called that are an exact match for blue brown and pink pearl

Intrepid is the blue brown dupe. I dunno about the pink pearl.

HeavenLeiBlu

Ok I went to CVS today, and now I'm confused. I'm just now heard of these gel liners here on Spektra, because I never noticed them on any HIP display and I can't find a pic of them on the L'oreal site or anywhere else. Are the cream liners being called gel liners on here or something? Can someone clarify for me and/or show me a pic of what I should be looking for?