Loreal HIP

tynie626

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
Ok I went to CVS today, and now I'm confused. I'm just now heard of these gel liners here on Spektra, because I never noticed them on any HIP display and I can't find a pic of them on the L'oreal site or anywhere else. Are the cream liners being called gel liners on here or something? Can someone clarify for me and/or show me a pic of what I should be looking for?

yes, they are talking about the cream liners.. heres a pic
LOreal_hip_325.jpg

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tynie626
yes, they are talking about the cream liners.. heres a pic
LOreal_hip_325.jpg

Thanks, Girl! Okay So I wasn't missing anything. I was so vexed about it that I was gonna take a break in a few minutes and see if the CVS here by my job had them, since their display is bigger. I was like DAMN, how'd I miss this? But now I know it was just a name mixup. LOL Thanks again!

lefunt

I have the blue gel eyeliner and its amazing! shame we dont have HiP her in the UK but i so wish we did! A very nice MUAer CPed for me and its such a lovely consistency.

HeavenLeiBlu

Well, people...CVS has all HIP items BOGO this week, and I just got back from the 24 hour one near me, and got the Teal and Black creme liners, and honey, I AM SOLD!
thmbup.gif
I'll be back on Friday to get the Midnight Blue and Eggplant.

prncezz

I'm from Canada and I see the HIP duo shadows at Wal-mart and drugstores all the time. I own one (dark purple and metallic gold) and I think it's lovely. The metallic gold has a different texture to it though, and it's goes on a lot smoother and more pigmented. I'm not sure if anyone noticed this. You can tell by just looking at the shadows in the store which ones have these really nice types of textures. But anyway, we don't have anything else in the HIP line. Just the duo shadows. I was hoping we'd get pigments in or something. Hopefully this is true to all over Canada.. not just my city. Haha.

MelmoK

If you're on the west coast Rite Aid is having a BOGO sale that ends tonight. My Rite Aid had tons of HiP products so I was happy.

gracetre123

does anybody have tried their paints?? Im interest in get some bases and I dont have any mac store near to me...so I was thinking in get these, what do you think?? or should I get some mac online ??

MelmoK

I just got a paint today. Lofty. And honestly I like it. Reminds me a lot of the MAC paints and with the BOGO.... I'd most definitely buy it again.

NotteRequiem

I recently purchased the yellow-y tinted piggy, and finds it goes on pretty well with a decent base.

2 questions for you wonderful consumers:

1) Does this line have something comprable to the MAC Shadestick?

2) I've heard that there is a Parrot dupe in this line... and I did a quick search but couldn't find it..

Help a lady out?
winks.gif

metalkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotteRequiem
I recently purchased the yellow-y tinted piggy, and finds it goes on pretty well with a decent base.

2 questions for you wonderful consumers:

1) Does this line have something comprable to the MAC Shadestick?

2) I've heard that there is a Parrot dupe in this line... and I did a quick search but couldn't find it..

Help a lady out?
winks.gif

Hi! Hip has some creme crayons that are similar to shadesticks. At least when it comes to lasting power and using them as bases, but the ones I have (the black and plum purple) are kinda dry if I remember properly. The black one broke on me too but I think that was a fluke.

I'm pretty sure the parrot dupe is the duo in Showy. Has a dark matte blue and a lighter teal. I used to like to layer them to get a nice color. HTH!

NotteRequiem

Ah! Thank you so much! I went out and bought the Showy Duo and the lightest paint they had (I think it's Secretive, I'm blanking on the name). So far I'm really in love with the duo colors, and the paint hasn't creased in the heat and humidity today.

Next I think I'll try those cream liners...
tong.gif

pretebrowneyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarV217
=) Same here , I think it's misleading Everyone thinks HIP is so much cheaper that MAC b/c it's a "drugstore" brand,when at least the Pigments are a lot more expensive. A lot of Drug Store brands are like that , when buying comparable products simply b/c they are "cheaper" be sure to calculate the price per oz, or whatever the unit is , You may be extremely surprised =)

I never noticed the price per oz...thanks. I only have 2 HIP piggies and I did get them on a BOGO sale. I have the gold and white-of-somekind piggie (is this a vanilla dupe, let me know) and a couple of eyeshadow duos. I love these because i find myself at Walmart or Target wandering the makeup aisle more than the mall. I'm dying to try the cream liners, shadow sticks, and paints.

lunargen

I went on a spree went they went BOGOF at CVS (I can swatch them if anyone's interested), and this is what I think:

Pigment sticks - they're SUPER hard when used dry; they just give a very slight shimmery look. they give better pay-off when used with a mixing medium.
Paints - I got the two lightest shades, and for some reason, they both were a bit clumpy. It was a bit difficult to get even coverage with them all over my lid when I tried to use them as a base (even with primer!).
Gel(?) liners - I got the brown one (the black one was sold out). It was very creamy going on and didn't smudge at all when it dried. The brush was a bit scratchy but did an ok job given the price.
Shadows - very pigmented, but the finish was a bit too glittery/shimmery for my taste.
Mascara - If you have very long and curled lashes already, then this would be great for you, but for me (I have straight, short lashes), it wasn't that nice. It took the curl out when I applied it. It's gives ample volume and a bit of length; didn't clump until the 3rd swipe.

What I do want to try are their shadestick dupes though. Has anyone tried them? How are they as bases?

yoyie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunargen

What I do want to try are their shadestick dupes though. Has anyone tried them? How are they as bases?

I always use their black shadestick as a base for my smokey eye looks. It is easy to apply and goes on smooth.

ThaMrs

Just a quick hint that I didnt know about until recently. Sorry if this has been posted already. When Walgreens or CVS is having a BOGO sale AND its in the paper, take the ad to Walmart and get the same deal. HIP products (well the cream liners are always at least $1 or more cheaper) are always cheaper at walmart!
yahoo.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarV217
=) Same here , I think it's misleading Everyone thinks HIP is so much cheaper that MAC b/c it's a "drugstore" brand,when at least the Pigments are a lot more expensive. A lot of Drug Store brands are like that , when buying comparable products simply b/c they are "cheaper" be sure to calculate the price per oz, or whatever the unit is , You may be extremely surprised =)

I agree, as far as the pigments are concerned, but as far as people griping about of the price of the shadows, that makes no sense. You're getting two shadows, with each of them nearly the size of MAC's single shadows, and you can compare the labels to verify that. Even when they're not bogo, you're still getting almost 4 times the bang for the buck, because they're 7 bucks a pop; half what a pot of one MAC shadow costs. Now if you just don't care for the colors or the line at all, that's one thing, but the price point for everything other than the pigments is definitely a value.

NotteRequiem

I really shouldn't... but I'm in the process of collecting the eye duo shadows.. And I want to try the cream liner, but I'm going to wait until CVS or Walgreens has a bogo, 'cause then I can take them to Walmart and go crazy
greengrin.gif

Tashona Helena

I love their new metallic shadows..so gorgeous. The first day that I wore the blue one I got a compliment at work! So fab!
smiles.gif
And the jelly balms are awesome too. And don't be fooled, they ARE pigmented! So check them out!