Loreal HIP

blinkymei

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocodivatime
I heard that one of the duos has a color similar to MACs Star Violet. Anyone know which one that is?

thanks

yup, its new, the metallic shadow duo in Sculpted. The lighter color is like a more stronger or pigmented or a deeper version of MACs Star Violet and the darker color is sorta like MACs Beauty Marked except I think Beauty Mark is a little more red reflects.

blinkymei

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
I would love to see swatches of the new metallic eyeshadows if anyone has them!

Here are two of the 5 shadows available. All swatches done without a base and the top row ones were swatched twice while the bottom row were swatched once. Left side is sculpted and the right is platinum. Sorry if the pics aren't the best but I hope it helps.
Photo187.jpg

NotteRequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkymei
Here are two of the 5 shadows available. All swatches done without a base and the top row ones were swatched twice while the bottom row were swatched once. Left side is sculpted and the right is platinum. Sorry if the pics aren't the best but I hope it helps.
Photo187.jpg

I.... really want Platinum now.... Oh boy... and here I thought my spending days were slowing down... D: Nooooooope.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayannaBanana
Can the HIP Eye Shadow Duo's be used wet? Has anyone done that or is it just better to use them as is?

In my experience, wet is a no no!

brokenxbeauty

I've only tried their pigments but I'm not a big fan. The pink was nice, but not as vibrant and pigmented as I would have imagined. The Intrepid was a good color, but when it began wearing off it started becoming a different color?
I've heard good things about the e/s duos, though.
I don't know, it's so expensive for a drugstore brand, you can get MAC for like $2 more.

BlaqueBarbie

Yeah you use the liners with a a liner brush ( I use 212) or the brush that comes with them. I found that I like their mini liner brush and also the shadow brush really picks up color!

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChrys79
has anyone tried their liners? the ones that are in the pots?? if so,
how did you like them??

They are amazing! I love them and they are just as good if not better than MAC. I find Teal to be a little drier than the others I own (which is all except the purple)

I give them 2 thumbs up!
thmbup.gif
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille
has anyone tried the jelly balm?
I'm so interested

I really like them. I'm not crazy about the flavor but I find them a little more pigmented than Tendertones. I like them!

shootout

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayannaBanana
Can the HIP Eye Shadow Duo's be used wet? Has anyone done that or is it just better to use them as is?

I've used mine wet before and I love it!
The color is amazing!
The only problem I've had is creasing., but you can prevent that by closing your eyes and letting it dry for about a minute or so.

SparklingWaves

I check out Loreal Hip every time that I go into the drugstore. There new Metallic shadows are fabulous. Currently, I own two: Platinum & Sculpted. I really like how my e/s compacts have a mirror enclosed in the back.

I use the Jelly Balm (Plush) every night for a lip moisturizer and as needed. It smell really nice and feels great.

I checked out their lipsticks and lip glosses at Walmart. They really appear to have a nice texture to them.

I enjoy this line and always look forward to what they come out with next.
smiles.gif

clotheswhore

I got all the metallic e/s duo last week since it was BOGOF at CVS. I am super impressed with these. I wasn't too crazy about the regular e/s duo and find them hard to blend.

ms. kendra

I loooove the Jelly Balms!!!! Such a great lip conitioner. They feel so rich, and smooth on my lips.
I also have the Tenacious pigment, and the jury is still out for me on that. But overall I love the HIP line and think it is a great alternative to MAC.

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by clotheswhore
I got all the metallic e/s duo last week since it was BOGOF at CVS. I am super impressed with these. I wasn't too crazy about the regular e/s duo and find them hard to blend.

^I have all of their metallic eyeshadow duos too! I just bought the Jelly Balms at Walgreens and they had their buy one get one free and the girl printed out a coupon for $5.00 off of the Jelly Balms and I only paid $4.32 for both of them!!!