Loreal HIP

Face2Mac

The new metallic ones has one that looks just like Star Violet and BeautyMarked, So tempted to get. The gold and brown-flecked gold is good, the brown is like Magnetics Fields with gold flecks instead of silver.

ThaMrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I'm thinking of trying out their new metallic shadows. Looks promising!

Me too! I just cant find them anywhere. Ive been to 3 walgreens and theyre just not there. Maybe i'll try CVS.
ssad.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaMrs
Me too! I just cant find them anywhere. Ive been to 3 walgreens and theyre just not there. Maybe i'll try CVS.
ssad.gif

FYI, they're not the main HIP display. They're peppered in mini displays throughout the stores. HTH.
winkiss.gif

artisick

I'm pretty sure I have atleast 20 of the eyeshadow duos, lol.
Except for the new metallic duos.. I bought my first 2 today and they look really gorgeous in packaging! i have yet to swatch it though.
Go to Walgreens! They're having a BOGOF sale this week! =)

The jelly balms are somewhat disappointing to me. I dont know if its just the ones I bought (even though I bought, opened, and tested 4 of them) but the ones I opened were sticky, didn't glide on easily, and didn't smell that great. Or maybe I just feel that way because I'm so hooked on MAC tendertones :x

Anyway, the L'Oreal HiP line is a good buy especially when they're on sale!

reesesilverstar

I went to 4 Walgreens yesterday. I didn't see the new metallic stuff. Plus all the shadestics were gone, didn't even have a place in the display. And the lipsticks were 75% off. The chick said Walgreens was discontinuing them. I hope she's wrong...

NotteRequiem

I just got the Gel liner in Black last night, and hooooomg. I love it. I'm never using liquid eyeliner (with a felt tip) again. This stuff is absolute <33

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesesilverstar
And the lipsticks were 75% off. The chick said Walgreens was discontinuing them. I hope she's wrong...

It's true... all the drugstores are closing them out; I posted about it in the other HIP thread, and stocked up on what was available

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotteRequiem
Waitaminute. The whole line??? Or just the lipsticks?

:confused:

The tube glosses and the lipsticks.

tayray

Yes, unfortunately I have heard the same, the HIP gloss is gonna be discontinued. And i'm bummed because I liked them a lot. But the color juice glosses are more or less the same, and those are nice too.

HeavenLeiBlu

I think they may be discontinuing them because they intro'd theose other glosses a few months ago, and the Jelly Balms this month. I dunno, I just know you better get them while you can, LOL

d n d

I recently bought two Jelly Balms and I like them...especially when you consider they are 2 for 1. I have never tried the MAC Tendertones but in my in my opinnion the Jelly Balms smell good and they have just the right amount of color.

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by d n d
I recently bought two Jelly Balms and I like them...especially when you consider they are 2 for 1. I have never tried the MAC Tendertones but in my in my opinnion the Jelly Balms smell good and they have just the right amount of color.

I think the Tendertones are better because they leave my lips feeling very soft without any feathering. The Jelly Balms are sticky and does not leave my lips feeling that soft, which I find problematic.

Tashona Helena

Haha are you girlies getting bad batches or something? Cause I love the Jelly Balms, especially mixing them with Super Lustrous, Hollister, AND MAC Lipglosses. And every time they even come off my lips they're smooth.

The metallic shadows are awesome, for the past two days I used the gold one day, and the blue yesterday, and it stayed on all day under some TFSI.
smiles.gif
The website said to use the light color for the lid and the darker to line, I did that with the blue..I was loving it. Instead I used Deep Truth (or Flashtrack haha I dunno I was doing in from my 15 Palette in my car) in the crease...so gorgeous. I'm loving these things they bring on the compliments!

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashona Heléna
Haha are you girlies getting bad batches or something? Cause I love the Jelly Balms, especially mixing them with Super Lustrous, Hollister, AND MAC Lipglosses. And every time they even come off my lips they're smooth.

The metallic shadows are awesome, for the past two days I used the gold one day, and the blue yesterday, and it stayed on all day under some TFSI.
smiles.gif
The website said to use the light color for the lid and the darker to line, I did that with the blue..I was loving it. Instead I used Deep Truth (or Flashtrack haha I dunno I was doing in from my 15 Palette in my car) in the crease...so gorgeous. I'm loving these things they bring on the compliments!

Have you tried the Tendertones?

If I had not tried the T/T, I would probably love Jelly Balms.

Tashona Helena

I haven't but they don't look as pigmented as the Jelly Balms are. Which shades of the Jelly Balms do you have? I have them all...I will say some aren't that pigmented as the others but the ones that are...wow...lol. This might also be the case with Tendertones too tho.

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashona Heléna
I haven't but they don't look as pigmented as the Jelly Balms are. Which shades of the Jelly Balms do you have? I have them all...I will say some aren't that pigmented as the others but the ones that are...wow...lol. This might also be the case with Tendertones too tho.

I wear the T/T as a base for my lipglass (b.c it is too sticky for my liking) (so pigmentation is not an issue.) When the lipglass disappears, my lips are left soft and dewy. The J-Balms are ok, but try a T/T , you will feel and see the difference.

I think the one that I have is called Plush...a midtone pink.

Tashona Helena

^ Oh yeah Plush isn't that pigmented. I have to pat it on...it's like already half gone lol. That's the main one I mix with others. In my avatar I'm wearing the red one...that's not a HQ picture but I wore it in a video and took some pictures using my digi cam and wow...it really brought up my lips. The dark purple one is good too. I like the orange one too...Savory.

sondarah

Yes, CVS has a B1G1 Free this week and their selection is much better than Walgreens'. Also, if you check frequently you can go to thecouponclippers (dot) com and purchase coupons for HIP and other drugstore cosmetics for a fraction of the price plus minor processing fees. It's still worth it in the end. I think I purchased 8 or 10 HIP coupons for $0.10/each (each coupon was for $1 off), plus a handful of others (for razors and such) and didn't pay more than $5 for the batch. PLUS, CVS will let you use TWO coupons when they're running a B1G1 Free promo. BONUS! I can't resist a "deal"!
yahoo.gif