LV Speedy bag...

BEA2LS

i have had a 25 and a 30. the 30 really is way better! i actually sold them both, though.. i loved them and miss the 30 time to time but i found that i like more constructed bags.
the 30 is a good bag though
smiles.gif

Boasorte

omg now I want this bag, now that I find I'm coming into some money next month! !Darn u Lou for making me want it!! LOL

MissCrystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
so what are you thoughts on the Louis Vuitton monogram Speedy bag? i have seen quite a few people raving about this bag recently and i know it's a LV classic. I've been pondering a new bag for some time now. And i was thinking of getting one from Coach when i go to the us next year. However now i am thinking of getting this bag now and then getting a coach wallet or wristlet insted.

But what i'm wondering is.... if you own this bag is the size 30 big enough for day to day use? i tend to take a magazine, wallet, keys, phone, nintendo ds, umberella with me. the reason why i am thinking about this size is because i'm bigger in size and therefore i'd rather a larger sized bag than a smaller one to be in proportion with me!

also how long does the leather take to darken? i'm not so keen on the way it looks when you first get it!
and do you think it's worth the price of £415?!

Honey get the 35, i love it so much you can fit a ton in it. The 30 is good also but i love the look of a bigger bag, especially when it starts to sag. And it doesn't matter what size you are, you can rock the 25, 40 and it will still look good. Im so small and i love the 35 !!. The best thing thing to do for you is go into the lv store and try all the sizes out and see which one you like.

It takes while for the leather to darken, you have to use it every single day and slowly the bag will darken. FYI when its not darken yet do not use it the rain because it will get water stains on it. Once the handles have darken a bit then its okay to use in the rain, since its okay to (i asked the sa). Hope this helps
winks.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
omg now I want this bag, now that I find I'm coming into some money next month! !Darn u Lou for making me want it!! LOL

sorry sweetie! but the bag looks good right?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCrystal
Honey get the 35, i love it so much you can fit a ton in it. The 30 is good also but i love the look of a bigger bag, especially when it starts to sag. And it doesn't matter what size you are, you can rock the 25, 40 and it will still look good. Im so small and i love the 35 !!. The best thing thing to do for you is go into the lv store and try all the sizes out and see which one you like.

It takes while for the leather to darken, you have to use it every single day and slowly the bag will darken. FYI when its not darken yet do not use it the rain because it will get water stains on it. Once the handles have darken a bit then its okay to use in the rain, since its okay to (i asked the sa). Hope this helps
winks.gif

thanks for the tips hun
smiles.gif
i am thinking that i won't be able to get the bag until we get back off holiday in may this year. but as soon as we get back i shall be buying!

Boasorte

the bag surely does look good, I want the 35 in the Damier not Monogram though.
I was actually considering (Dare I say it?)
A Chanel Jumbo flat LOL
I don't wanna blow all my money though LOL

Are LVs popular where u live? Everyone and their mama has a speedy here ( most of them being fake as hell) but I think they're cute

InspiredBlue

You can put leather conditioner on the handles to make them darken faster (yes, LV tells you not to, big deal
smiles.gif
). The other option is to put the bag on the windowsill and let it "tan" for a while, the direct sunlight will darken the vachetta.

redenvelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirl18
I find that the 30 is the best size... I thought the 25 was a bit too small (and I'm petite and 5'1") to carry all of my things. I have the Damier instead of the Monogram though, just a matter of personal preference.

I agree with all of this. My first speedy was a mono 25 but i eventually got a damier 30 and it's perfect. You can fit anything in this! IMO the 35 is way too big and it looks like I'm carrying a suitcase or something.

palmetto_barbie

i've flip/flopped on Speedys...at first they were all i'd carry, but then i felt like EVERYONE had them && i fell in love with the Tivoli...I kind of want a 25 for going out. All my stuff doesn't seem to fit in a clutch?? But if it's any everyday Speedy you want, go with the 30...not too big, not too small.

Boasorte

Hey Lou if you're still wondering about the Speedy/body size, here's a pic of the 30. I recently bought this, considering the 35 because I was "bigger" but the 30 is really good. Sometimes I think worrying about body proportions with purses is a big ass headache. Don't mind the dress, I look hella prgnant -_-
If you want, I'll post a pic of everything I fit in there. Hmm today I fit nail poilsh remover, water bottle, cotton balls, makeup bag(of course) camera, a book, a sugar scrub and tub of ocean salt from LUSH, and some food! SO yea it's awesome for day to day. I think the 35 would be a little too big come to think of it.
fekysk.jpg

LMD84

^ thanks for the pic hun! yes i shall get the 30 ecause i think that one is best. and i think you look lovely in the picture!

Boasorte

no problem, and good luck with that monogram one! I'm very rough and throw my things around, I couldn't deal with that light leather. Just yesterday I got dark blue ink from my jeans on my monogram pochette!
smiles.gif

MissCrystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
no problem, and good luck with that monogram one! I'm very rough and throw my things around, I couldn't deal with that light leather. Just yesterday I got dark blue ink from my jeans on my monogram pochette!
smiles.gif

I saw ur pic on TPF
graucho.gif
noo im not a stalker lol i love looking at the pics esepcially the celebrity section .. all 3 of my bags are monogram and i haven't had any problems with them stain wise ..

I still love the 35 makes a great school bag even though it weighs more then me at times
th_LMAO.gif

kittykit

I think 30 is a perfect size, 25 will be a bit too small, IMO (that's cuz I love bigger bags!). It took quite a while for my Monogram leather to become darker. Right now, I'm all about Damier. I don't have to worry about staining the light leather like I did on my Monogram!

*JJ*

i'd pick the 35 too. 30 is the most popular size, but i prefer bigger bags.
while you're at it, take a look at the neverfull or the totally also.
they are in the same price range and great everyday bags too!

Miss QQ

I like big bags because I carry lots of junk around.
lol.gif
I have seen the 30 brown damier around very often in my country so I guess it must be popular. Personally I like the grey damier very much, though it is light so it will be stained easily, and I thought of getting the 35 before. Lou, the monogram is a classic look too.
smiles.gif
In the end what stopped me from getting it is that I prefer a shoulder bag so that I have my hands free, especially when I'm shopping and swatching makeup.
winks.gif
Maybe one day I will buy a Speedy, though it worries me that the price increases yearly.

SUMM3RxBABii

I'm not a fan of LV, especially the speedys, which are overrated. I don't think I would ever drop that much on a bag, especially that kind of size. I think the most I'd spend on a bag is $500 for a bag that is bigger and more convenient to carry around, like a MBMJ.

I have nothing against LV. I just see them everywhere and it's just so overrated and I really don't understand the hype about their styles.

Susanne

I wanted to buy a Speedy 35 last summer - but then I could not make the final decision.

Now I have decided:

I will get a wallet in Monogram multi-colore this year on Easter and a Speedy 35 on Easter 2012. In Monogram Canvas.

smiles.gif

LMD84

like Susanne i still havent got my speedy! however i do have the monogram zippy coin purse and the eva clutch bag in the damier ebene canvas. i hope to buy the speedy at some point this year :)