MAC - All Ages, All Races, All Sexes Discussion

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i've not seen them in real life. but i will be able to check them out on tuesday next week.
ssad.gif
might make me sad!

As you are a pigment lover, they might just do that.
thmbdn.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Yes, seriously. One could argue about the stunt with the content, but the packaging is really unusable
angry.gif

After so much thinking ... finally realized it's THE PACKAGE what bothers me most!! I wouldn't be as mad if they'd have kept the original jars!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i've not seen them in real life. but i will be able to check them out on tuesday next week.
ssad.gif
might make me sad!

Lou dear, you don't have any idea of how cheap the new package is!! The plastic of jars even looks uneven and less solid. The new package is pure crap!!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
As you are a pigment lover, they might just do that.
thmbdn.gif

hhhmmm pigment lover? i'm a pigment obsessive!!! i have a stupid amount but love them all dearly
love.gif
that's how you know i'm anti the new pigment size / package for me to have skipped these new ones
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
After so much thinking ... finally realized it's THE PACKAGE what bothers me most!! I wouldn't be as mad if they'd have kept the original jars!!

Lou dear, you don't have any idea of how cheap the new package is!! The plastic of jars even looks uneven and less solid. The new package is pure crap!!

argh! maybe i just shouldn't look at the pigment section when in the store!
tong.gif

Vlcatko

Sigh, I can only agree about the packaging
ssad.gif
The most annoying thing is how majorly the new jar sucks... Flimsy, cheap looking and most of all very very impractical!
angry.gif

I wish I had some more of the older pigments' jars so I could dump the new ones into the old ones... Alas I got into pigments just recently so I have only a few of them and all are almost full...

But I have to say I LOVE the pigments themselves - I do not regret buying them even considering the new jars
yes.gif
I love the deep color of the Rich Life - perfect dark brown so unlike anything else I have / have seen. And the Universal Mix!!! It is my highlighting love! I like it more than Vanilla! It is like Reflects Gold glitter but even more finely ground
thmbup.gif
- I know lot of people complain it is too sheer but it is exactly what I have been looking for
th_DANCE.gif

Just my
2cents.gif

PinkBasset

Okay here's what I got today
yahoo.gif
:

All Races - was as nice as I thought it would be! Great addition to my collection and I think I will use it alot.

Showstopper - a bit chalky feeling when I swatched it but I think I can hadle it. It is such a beautiful deep blackened brown, I didn't have brown as dark as this one.

Banshee - nice rosy shade with silvery sparkles, could be used in many different looks. It did swatch better than some other lustres, so I'm hoping the application won't be like say, Idol Eyes.

Personal Taste BPB - this ones sneaked in somehow...
whistle.gif
It reminded me of The Perfect Cheek so I couldn't resist.

Rich Life - This one was gorgeous! So pigmented and smooth, very good brown indeed. Very rich like the name says. I like that is kinda neutral brown, not too warm or too cool. I think this will make a beautiful brown smokey eye! I didn't first even see the pigments on the stand and when I was about to ask for them I noticed them there - they were so tiny! The plastic insert is a pain I agree. I don't mind the amount, it'll last me forever too, but I was surprised that we had a price hike with these! The old ones were 22€ and the new ones 23€! I swatched Universal Mix, but it was so sheer I had a hard time seeing it on my skin. Completely different quality than Rich Life in pigmentation! So skip.

Impeccable Brow Pencil in Dirty Blonde - I must try this soon so I can say whether I like it or not and if the colour is right. The brow stuff was my main interest with this collection so I wanted that one for sure. The penultimate brow marker was too reddish so I can't try that one. I bought one coloured brow set instead (was it Beguile? I must check.).

All in all I did like this collection. I love neutrals and there was some gems in there - All Races and Rich Life. I'm sure when I try Personal Style I will love that one too.
thmbup.gif

I was a bit tempted by Glamour For All and Naked Frost but I controlled myself there.
winkiss.gif

chickatthegym

^Great haul! You will love All Races and Banshee
smiles.gif

How do you like the Brow pencil? I debated getting that but wasn't sure if it would be too dark for me (I have very light hair and my natural eye brow color is nearly clear LOL).

As far as the new pigment packaging... you guys are right- the thing that sucks the most is how cheap and crappy it is... I wish they would have just put less pigment in the old jars... The new ones don't stand up on their lids and they totally don't fit with the rest of my pigment collection
ssad.gif
LMD, you will be so sad
ssad.gif
But Universal Life is an awesome color! (I still haven't even used Rich Life yet LOL

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
Do you have Expresso? It is nearly the same as Cross-Cultural except not as pigmented. Cross-Cultural is SUPER pigmented.

Here are some comparison swatches:

MAC Dupes All Ages, All Races, All Sexes swatch pictures, swatches of Cross-Cultural, Expresso, Show Stopper, By Candlelight, Comfort, MSF | MakeUp Obsessed

Nope I don't have Expresso. I'm still pretty new to the e/s world, so I don't have many of the perm colors yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
That's why I love it!
smiles.gif

Sounds like I might need it after all.

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
^Great haul! You will love All Races and Banshee
smiles.gif

How do you like the Brow pencil? I debated getting that but wasn't sure if it would be too dark for me (I have very light hair and my natural eye brow color is nearly clear LOL).

As far as the new pigment packaging... you guys are right- the thing that sucks the most is how cheap and crappy it is... I wish they would have just put less pigment in the old jars... The new ones don't stand up on their lids and they totally don't fit with the rest of my pigment collection
ssad.gif
LMD, you will be so sad
ssad.gif
But Universal Life is an awesome color! (I still haven't even used Rich Life yet LOL

I will try it hopefully tomorrow and I will let you know!
smiles.gif
I'm always searching for light and ashy enough brow pencils and so far I've liked Fling from Mac (Estee Lauder has a nice one for blondes too). Lingering is okay too, it's slightly warmer and darker. I have very blonde hair too, but I like my eyebrows to be couple shades darker than my hair (which they are anyways since I'm not this blonde originally).

I found that the plastic insert was really annoying with the pigments. My chubby fingers can't handle so tiny things!
greengrin.gif
And I agree that they seem kinda cheap. From pictures I liked them, put now that I saw one, they are a bit impractical (though I must say I think that the original jars are too - I'm just so clumsy with loose powders in small jars, I hate the pigment going everywhere).

PinkBasset

So I tried few of the products today. I did a brown smoky eye with Rich Life (Constructivist p/p as a base), Banshee, Solar White as a highlight and Showstopper on outer corner and on cheeks Personal Style with By Candlelight.

Personal Style was just right, a tiny bit different from The Perfect Cheek which I love, so a very good choice for me (I was about to skip this first, but then I remember I skipped TPC first and then did regret it and went back for it, so I just bought this right away when I saw it). Very nice neutral!
smiles.gif

The brow pencil is quite good. It's relatively dark for being for blondes, so it's good for doing a stronger/very defined brow. I don't know chickatthegym if you would consider it too dark or not, it depends how much colour you want. I think this should last longer than the other mac brow pencil. It sucks again that a good product (especially one like this that you go through regularly) is LE.

Rich Life is seriously pigmented! I got it all over my desk (so yeah, the new packaging isn't helping...) and it was really messy. I had to put a tissue under it and when I was done the tissue was full of the powder. I patted it over Constructivist which was a perfect base for it - sparkly dark brown. However RL isn't so sparkly that it would be too obvious, it's very sophisticated. I like it but it requires work and patience which I'm known for lacking!
lol.gif
I wonder how Universal Mix would look over it? The sheerness could work that way. I might get a sample of it just to try that.

I used Banshee to blend out RL in my crease and it was wonderfull - I used a fluffy brush so I didn't get the sparkles to show (that I was after in this case). No fallout - amazing for a lustre! This is definately the better ones out there.
thmbup.gif

Like I said when I bought these I really liked this collection, very useful products! These I will be using alot!
th_DANCE.gif

InspiredBlue

Does anyone have a comparison picture of Hue and Equality? I actually find Hue to be a bit too dark when I want a really nude lip, and Equality might just be what I'm looking for. I hope they still have it at the counter. I'll have to go and check it out this afternoon.

TeresitaMC

^ I used it today for that too, Winnie
smiles.gif
I also love using Cross Cultural or both of them in the crease/outer v

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I used Banshee to blend out RL in my crease and it was wonderfull - I used a fluffy brush so I didn't get the sparkles to show (that I was after in this case). No fallout - amazing for a lustre! This is definately the better ones out there.
thmbup.gif

More Banshee love!
choochoo.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
^ I used it today for that too, Winnie
smiles.gif
I also love using Cross Cultural or both of them in the crease/outer v

Yeah my MA layers Showstopper on top of Cross Cultural too - it looks great!

InspiredBlue

Equality was perfect. And it's sold out.
cry.gif

Edit: My mother, who lives in another city, got it for me. Yay! Equality will be mine!
mac_lipstick.gif

PinkBasset

I can't rave enough about this collection! All Races is so amazing shadow, it is purrrrfect!! This could be the next one I hit pan on. I have never bought an eyeshadow backup, but when I put this on today the option crossed my mind - it was that good! Also I love love love Banshee and Showstopper! I cannot believe that these shadows haven't got anymore fans, they are superb!

chickatthegym

^ I was a big fan of this collection too because I love neutrals
smiles.gif
I know a lot of people weren't too impressed with it for some reason, but I agree with you
winks.gif

Inspired, I love Equality too
smiles.gif

shontay07108

I still love this collection even though I haven't used any of the products lately. I just have so much stuff. This isn't a flashy collection so a lot of women overlooked it.

Swirlgirl

I really like this collection a lot too. It definitely got lost in the MAC collection shuffle, which is just too bad. MAC really needs to slow down with releases. <sigh>
Anyway, I made my own quad with the 4 e/s and I LOVE IT! There is a mixture of matte and shimmer and it is the perfect soft, but not-too-warm-neutral palette. And Personal Style is just great. On my NW 20 self, it is a great, just under the cheekbone contour.

sapnap

I used Banshee all over the lid with shale in the oute 3rd and into the crease and Midnight madness to deepen the crease
smiles.gif
pinky/purplish/taupy
smiles.gif
Loved it! oh and pink fish, a mauvy blush and perfect topping.