MAC Art Supplies Discussion

Anneri

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
Okay, I am seriously in LOVE with Industrial!
love.gif
I have a ton of blue liners, but I have nothing like this!!!! It just really POPS! Something tells me I'm in need of a backup ASAP
tong.gif

Here's Industrial on my lower lashline

IMG_7811.jpg

I just posted a tutorial for this look if you'd like to check it out!

YouTube - Soft, Colorful Spring/Summer look- Pink Bronze, Purple & a Pop of Blue!!!

AWESOME look!

Oh, I'm dreaming about those pastel cploured GPS... a violet one, a light blue and a light silver... *dreams*

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Yea I agree with you!
winkiss.gif
I loved this collection! These were the first Pearlglides I've ever owned! I bought all of them and am so happy I did!!! Their staying power is awesome!!!!! I slept with it on (I know, bad...lol) and the day after, I literally didn't even have to do my eye makeup. It was EXACTLY the same way!!!! No smudging, no fading!!! Amazing! And GPSs are my absolute favorite!!!!! 98% of the time I wear a smokey look. GPSs are amazing at creating that effect!!! I buy a lot of makeup and a lot of them get ignored, but with GPSs, they are something I will always use and NEVER abandon!!!

Like you these are the first one's I've ever owned too. I ALWAYS wear pigments but when I saw these in the dark/smokey colors I had to try them and glad I did. My eyes are very sensitive to most regular e/y that are highly pigmented (except for pigments). MAC Pigments or my line of loose shadows are the only type of shadows I can wear that dont bother my skin/eyes. I was thrilled to find out the GPS's don't bother my skin (or if they do it's very little).

Hypathya

Quote:
WOW, I feel like I haven't been on Specktra in AGES
ssad.gif
! I had some personal family matters to take care of, so I've been pretty busy. Then to make matters worse, I woke up one morning last week and could barely open my left eye!!!! It scared the heck out of me! So I had to be without my contacts since then. I hadn't repaired my glasses, so basically I wasn't able to use my comp since last week- AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WEARING MAKEUP IN A WEEK (afraid of using eye makeup due to my eye)!!!!!!!
nonono.gif
. I went to the docs, and although my eye is still bothering me a bit, I at least had my glasses repaired lol. So now back to Specktra I go!!!!!!!! I MISSSSSSS talking about the collections (and wearing them, too lol)!!!!!

I also wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU for all the birthday wishes!!!!! I wasn't able to read them until now, even though it was like a month away lol, but reading them all just put such a smile on my face- considering all that's been going on right now, that smile was MUCH needed! So I just wanted to say Thank you so much again, that was very sweet of you all!!!!!!
grouphug2.gif

Oh, and I wanted to mention, I DID get all my goodies from my Art Supplies bday wishlist
tong.gif

Oh!! I'm so sad to know you went through all that!!
th_cheerup.gif

Hope you're feeling better!!
th_kiss.gif

On the other hand, I'm so glad you got your bday wishlist!! Hope you're enjoying it and you've got to spend a great bday!!
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpenn
They should make a colourless GPS (if that makes any sense at all) to use as an eye base. GPSs are seriously the only MAC eye product that does not crease on me after 8+ hours. I would die to have a colourless one.

th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
I'd love a nude one!! Please MAC??
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I must be the weirdest person out there coz this was my fave collection of the year so far. I loved it when I first heard of it and I still love it. I find the products much more unique to MAC than To the Beach, or Liberty on London....

I don't need all the GPS (I never buy all of each colour for anything), but the ones I have I wear quite often...same goes with the pearl glides I got. I love when MAC does innovative products like these...

You're not weird hun, this is my fave collection of the year too!! Nothing excited my this much since Style Black!!

I seriously love my GPSs!!
heart.gif
heart2.gif
heart.gif

Liya2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious19
I would die if MAC came out with pastel GPSes...I would probably buy the entire collection!

This sounds amazing
drools.gif

Notorious19

Lately I've been wearing Petrol Blue on my upper and lower lash lines and Chocolate Brown pigment...definitely a new staple look for me!

only1angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneri
AWESOME look!

Oh, I'm dreaming about those pastel cploured GPS... a violet one, a light blue and a light silver... *dreams*

Thanks
th_hug.gif

OMG, I would SO buy those 3 pastel GPSs
drools.gif
. I hope MAC reads these comments lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
Oh!! I'm so sad to know you went through all that!!
th_cheerup.gif

Hope you're feeling better!!
th_kiss.gif

On the other hand, I'm so glad you got your bday wishlist!! Hope you're enjoying it and you've got to spend a great bday!!
thmbup.gif

I seriously love my GPSs!!
heart.gif
heart2.gif
heart.gif

Thank you!
th_hug.gif
winkiss.gif
That's very sweet of you, I really appreciate it!

And I love my GPSs, too! The best things I've got this year so far!!!!!!

*JJ*

how are you ladies wearing undercurrent?
i haven't used it since i bought it, i need some eyeshadows to pair it with!

kpenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JJ*

I love it with Birds & Berries or Blue Sorcery MES.

I also like to do a bronze eye and then use this just on my lower lashline for a pop of colour. I've worn Undercurrent with the Colour 4 quad from SCF. I also like it with Woodwinked.

January

I bought 3 GPS' Dirty, Slick Black and Charred Mauve. Dirty and Slick Black are awesome and really smooth. Charred Mauve is kind of weird... it's like it creases in areas when I swatch. I haven't used it on my eyes yet for this reason.

Anyone else experience this?

LisaOrestea

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JJ*

I did a grey smokey eye (with Illamasqua's 'Matter' shadow) with Reflects Transparent Teal over the whole lid, then undercurrent on the lower lash line with a dark grey Barry M eyeliner on the waterline - and I loved it
greengrin.gif

Hypathya

Today I'm wearing a smokey eye with Dirty as a base and Carbon, Smoke & Diamonds, Ylang (Chanel)!! Really sexy!!

I'm sooo glad I could get my Art Supplies!!
heart.gif

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer82
Did anybody else get a allergic reaction to the pearlglides?

OMG yes I did! Undercurrent tore my poor little eyes up. The older pearlglides dont bother me at all though.

I also have Blackline from this collection but I am terrified to try it
ssad.gif

GlamQueen21

I need about two backups of Undercurrent p/g since it looks gorgeous with teal looks (i.e I have done a look using Golden Lemon p/g on the inner corner, Teal p/g on the outer, Evening Aura e/s in the crease, Parrot on the outer crease, Cool Heat e/s on the outer V and Sand & Sun e/s as highlight along with Hoppin' e/s! So gorgeous!!!)

Anneri

Today I was really unhappy with a look I used Undercurrent with (Silverthorn all over the lid, Blue green piggie in the crease), because I wanted something bluer and darker.
On a whim, I put Designer Purple over Undercurrent - and wham! such a gorgeous indigo colour!
Sometimes it pays off not to give up on a look and just to keep playing around.
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Today I was really unhappy with a look I used Undercurrent with (Silverthorn all over the lid, Blue green piggie in the crease), because I wanted something bluer and darker.
On a whim, I put Designer Purple over Undercurrent - and wham! such a gorgeous indigo colour!
smiles.gif

smiles.gif
this sounds like a lovely look! and great advice too!
smiles.gif

i thought of this collection earlier actually because i saw on the revlon us website that they are doing lip stains again! but this time in pen form like these ones however revlon have put what looks like a balm on one end. they look interesting!
smiles.gif

Anneri

Thanks Lou!
smiles.gif

I was never really happy with MAC's lip stains - they didn't work for me. Definitely not longlasting!
Maybe I'll take a look at the Revlon ones if they have them over here.
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Thanks Lou!
smiles.gif

I was never really happy with MAC's lip stains - they didn't work for me. Definitely not longlasting!
Maybe I'll take a look at the Revlon ones if they have them over here.
smiles.gif

yes i hope they make their way to the uk too! i shall keep an eye out!
smiles.gif

s_lost

Quote:
smiles.gif

I tried this today and the color is soooo pretty, thanks for the tip Anneri
smiles.gif