MAC Art Supplies Discussion

TeresitaMC

only1angel so glad that you're back!! I'm sorry to hear about all the problems you've been having
ssad.gif
I hope everything works out!
winkiss.gif

Have you been able to try Art Supplies since your b'day?
smiles.gif

th_hug.gif

sapnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
WOW, I feel like I haven't been on Specktra in AGES
ssad.gif
! I had some personal family matters to take care of, so I've been pretty busy. Then to make matters worse, I woke up one morning last week and could barely open my left eye!!!! It scared the heck out of me! So I had to be without my contacts since then. I hadn't repaired my glasses, so basically I wasn't able to use my comp since last week- AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WEARING MAKEUP IN A WEEK (afraid of using eye makeup due to my eye)!!!!!!!
nonono.gif
. I went to the docs, and although my eye is still bothering me a bit, I at least had my glasses repaired lol. So now back to Specktra I go!!!!!!!! I MISSSSSSS talking about the collections (and wearing them, too lol)!!!!!

I also wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU for all the birthday wishes!!!!! I wasn't able to read them until now, even though it was like a month away lol, but reading them all just put such a smile on my face- considering all that's been going on right now, that smile was MUCH needed! So I just wanted to say Thank you so mu
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

Belated happy bday!!

Oh, and I wanted to mention, I DID get all my goodies from my Art Supplies bday wishlist
tong.gif

Belated happy bday!! and welcome bk... aww i completely empathise with ur eye thing.. its horrible and scary... get well soon
smiles.gif

only1angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
only1angel so glad that you're back!! I'm sorry to hear about all the problems you've been having
ssad.gif
I hope everything works out!
winkiss.gif

Have you been able to try Art Supplies since your b'day?
smiles.gif

th_hug.gif

Thanks, that means so much to me!
th_hug.gif
And yes, I was able to play with my Art Supplies goodies- I love them all!!!!!! I did a few looks with them and took pics. I plan on doing the tutorials on my youtube channel, I've just been scared about putting makeup on b/c of my eye
th_dunno.gif
. I think I'll see how it is tomorrow and HOPEFULLY make a video. I MISS putting my makeup on lol. Of the liners, Undercurrent was a top seller and favorite, but my favorite is actually Industrial
drools.gif
. But all liners are gorgeous! I don't have a favorite GPS since they're ALL my favorite lol. I would love it if MAC came out with some bright spring colors
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapnap
Belated happy bday!! and welcome bk... aww i completely empathise with ur eye thing.. its horrible and scary... get well soon
smiles.gif

Thank you
winkiss.gif

kpenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
I would love it if MAC came out with some bright spring colors
thmbup.gif

Me too! I'd love a nice nude champagne one too. I swear I'd use it every day!

They should make a colourless GPS (if that makes any sense at all) to use as an eye base. GPSs are seriously the only MAC eye product that does not crease on me after 8+ hours. I would die to have a colourless one.

LMD84

when i was in the states i saw the cover girl stains that you guys were talking about! didn't buy one but they looked the same as the mac ones - just cost less!
smiles.gif

Sojourner

I went to check out TTB yesterday and still it was this collection that was whispering to me! Brown Now and Dirty suddenly looked fascinating.

Someone please kindly tell me that since I have Artifact p/p and Heritage Rouge pigment, that I do not need Brown Now...

(TTB sucks in comparison to Art Supplies tee hee)

shontay07108

Ok, someone asked me to post a pic of the Dior gloss. I tried, but I can't properly capture the shimmer. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. I am so exhausted now.

mariserinb

i was super excited to get a black gps, but now that i have it, i can't figure out how to make it work for me. when i put it on i try to smudge it and it just wipes away, and if i don't do that, it dries too fast for me to do anything else. suggestions???

TeresitaMC

^ the GPS wiped away for me too when I tried to blend with a ss219 brush. Then I tried with the 217 as several people stated they had great results with it and it worked fine!
smiles.gif

HTH

mariserinb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
^ the GPS wiped away for me too when I tried to blend with a ss219 brush. Then I tried with the 217 as several people stated they had great results with it and it worked fine!
smiles.gif

HTH

awesome, i will definitely try that! thanks!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariserinb
i was super excited to get a black gps, but now that i have it, i can't figure out how to make it work for me. when i put it on i try to smudge it and it just wipes away, and if i don't do that, it dries too fast for me to do anything else. suggestions???

yes the 217 brush is perfect for blending them!
smiles.gif
they won't rub away when using this brush!

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner
I went to check out TTB yesterday and still it was this collection that was whispering to me! Brown Now and Dirty suddenly looked fascinating.

Someone please kindly tell me that since I have Artifact p/p and Heritage Rouge pigment, that I do not need Brown Now...

(TTB sucks in comparison to Art Supplies tee hee)

I have both and love dirty, the Heritage would look great blended in with Brown Now
smiles.gif
It's not very shimmery so the pigment would be a great touch, I've been wearing all my GPS with pigments.

shontay07108

I just had a thought about how excited I was about this collection. I was all over the GPSs and then it died down. I swore they would all sell out in minutes. Quite the contrary. I think the collection isn't diverse enough. Too many dark eye looks. I do have Brown Now and love it, but nothing else excites. I am all about the rumors of pastel colored GPSs in the future.

Shadowy Lady

I must be the weirdest person out there coz this was my fave collection of the year so far. I loved it when I first heard of it and I still love it. I find the products much more unique to MAC than To the Beach, or Liberty on London....

I don't need all the GPS (I never buy all of each colour for anything), but the ones I have I wear quite often...same goes with the pearl glides I got. I love when MAC does innovative products like these...

only1angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I must be the weirdest person out there coz this was my fave collection of the year so far. I loved it when I first heard of it and I still love it. I find the products much more unique to MAC than To the Beach, or Liberty on London....

I don't need all the GPS (I never buy all of each colour for anything), but the ones I have I wear quite often...same goes with the pearl glides I got. I love when MAC does innovative products like these...

Yea I agree with you!
winkiss.gif
I loved this collection! These were the first Pearlglides I've ever owned! I bought all of them and am so happy I did!!! Their staying power is awesome!!!!! I slept with it on (I know, bad...lol) and the day after, I literally didn't even have to do my eye makeup. It was EXACTLY the same way!!!! No smudging, no fading!!! Amazing! And GPSs are my absolute favorite!!!!! 98% of the time I wear a smokey look. GPSs are amazing at creating that effect!!! I buy a lot of makeup and a lot of them get ignored, but with GPSs, they are something I will always use and NEVER abandon!!!

Now if MAC really WERE to come up with pastel colored GPSs I'd be all over those, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I just had a thought about how excited I was about this collection. I was all over the GPSs and then it died down. I swore they would all sell out in minutes. Quite the contrary. I think the collection isn't diverse enough. Too many dark eye looks. I do have Brown Now and love it, but nothing else excites. I am all about the rumors of pastel colored GPSs in the future.

i know what you mean! most gps are still on the uk site which is was surprised at. i do love what i got from this collection. but i got much less than i expected in the end
smiles.gif