MAC Bloggers Obsessions Discussion

mac_aiken

I must have missed something. What has prompted the early stalking? I would think the earliest we would see this would be mid to late afternoon tomorrow (Monday).

shontay07108

[quote name="mac_aiken" url="/forum/thread/174878/mac-bloggers-obsessions-discussion/900#post_2131517"] I must have missed something. What has prompted the early stalking? I would think the earliest we would see this would be mid to late afternoon tomorrow (Monday).
[/quote] Paranoia. I doubt it will be up today/tonight. That hasn't stopped me from checking, though.

UrbanSweetheart

Paranoia. I doubt it will be up today/tonight. That hasn't stopped me from checking, though.
I'm not gonna lie..I am indeed paranoid
sweatdrop.gif

shontay07108

Jealousy Wakes and AMPL will Flyyyyyy. I'm glad I am only battling for one. I like that it will be available for six weeks. This is how all Mac collections should be. Limited time, not limited quantity. A part of me is skeptical, though that Mac can actually meet the demand here. They seem to be a bit "special".

keijukainen

Let's hope everything goes well with this limited time collection and Mac notices they should keep doing it like this with all the LE collections. I don't think I'm going to rush things. I want to see some swatches and reviews first and if Mac screws things up and all the products are gone for good within 2 minutes, I say "Inglot, here I come!"

Mac-Guy

Jealousy Wakes and AMPL will Flyyyyyy. I'm glad I am only battling for one. I like that it will be available for six weeks. This is how all Mac collections should be. Limited time, not limited quantity. A part of me is skeptical, though that Mac can actually meet the demand here. They seem to be a bit "special".

I read it more as "will be available for six week.... or until supply lasts." I hope you are right though... limited time would be so much better, but as we all know, people lose interest in collections that hang around for too long and just wait for the next one. So from MAC's point of view, I can understand that limited quantity will sell collections much better.

shontay07108

[quote name="Mac-Guy" url="/forum/thread/174878/mac-bloggers-obsessions-discussion/900#post_2131536"]

I read it more as "will be available for six week.... or until supply lasts."  I hope you are right though... limited time would be so much better, but as we all know, people lose interest in collections that hang around for too long and just wait for the next one. So from MAC's point of view, I can understand that limited quantity will sell collections much better.
[/quote] Well, that doesn't sound good. Mac doesn't just do limited quantities. They do limited, limited quantities. It just seems like it's getting ridiculous. I know they don't want to be left with tons of product laying around, but I think they could seriously meet us in the middle here. The downside to limited quantities is people snatching up things as fast as they can, in multiples, on a whim and end up hating and/or returning it. That just means a waste and it's a shame for those who missed out and might have loved it.

UrbanSweetheart

girl, "special" doesn't even begin to cover it
girlhaha.gif

Mac-Guy

Well, that doesn't sound good. Mac doesn't just do limited quantities. They do limited, limited quantities. It just seems like it's getting ridiculous. I know they don't want to be left with tons of product laying around, but I think they could seriously meet us in the middle here. The downside to limited quantities is people snatching up things as fast as they can, in multiples, on a whim and end up hating and/or returning it. That just means a waste and it's a shame for those who missed out and might have loved it.
I'm with you, I just tried to decipher their marketing strategy. It would be a real progress if they made the collection available for six weeks. I keep my fingers crossed, especially as I am waiting for more reviews before I decide to put in an order.

keijukainen

Mac doesn't usually give a time frame for their LE collections, right? It seems odd they would say "6 weeks" if they have no intention of making enough product to last even say 2-3 weeks. Another issue is how well are they estimating this collection will sell. They already underestimated blog audiences by limiting the collection to US/Canada only so who knows what they're expecting from it.

Piarpreet

Shontay... Psychology describes this whole "limited edition: BS in many human-daily-life situations. Just think about it, who is more likely to get laid. A girl accompanied by other 12 friends and a bunch of guys in a club? or a girl in a somewhat deserted all-man island? We are stupid like that. When we think something is unique and special we want it more. MAC is doing a great jon at just that. Unfortunately we (our money) are the product of their manipulation, not the make up.

If I dont get something I really, really want. I'll freak but... I dont wanna be desperate about this. I'm already stressed enough about men lol

Well, that doesn't sound good. Mac doesn't just do limited quantities. They do limited, limited quantities. It just seems like it's getting ridiculous. I know they don't want to be left with tons of product laying around, but I think they could seriously meet us in the middle here. The downside to limited quantities is people snatching up things as fast as they can, in multiples, on a whim and end up hating and/or returning it. That just means a waste and it's a shame for those who missed out and might have loved it.

Mac-Guy

I'm usually more anxious about the bestsellers in large collections, such as Marine Life or My Paradise, which I would really hate to miss out on. I like to coordinate the items of collections, thus missing out one *important* feels like buying an incomplete collection. I am less worried about LE collection, where I'm only interested in one or two products. If I really miss out, life will still go on, especially with new collections just around the corner. What I am more worried about are the sky-rocketing prices on evilbay for certain items.

UrbanSweetheart

I'm usually more anxious about the bestsellers in large collections, such as Marine Life or My Paradise, which I would really hate to miss out on. I like to coordinate the items of collections, thus missing out one *important* feels like buying an incomplete collection. I am less worried about LE collection, where I'm only interested in one or two products. If I really miss out, life will still go on, especially with new collections just around the corner. What I am more worried about are the sky-rocketing prices on evilbay for certain items.
I hate that the most! Scalpers kill me...

TheMakeupGirl

Depends on how dark you want to go - I think Typographic would be perfect. Copperplate or HoneyLust look great as well... ;-)

-Lianne

Well I guess while we're sitting here site-stalking...what would be good shadows to go with Hocus Pocus? This will be my first grey, and I would like to add a shade lighter and shade darker to buy with it. I have Typographic and Black Tied, but since HP is a brown-grey I wonder if those would be too harsh. What do you think of Vex and Copperplate?

hoshiakari_

I'm definitely going to start site stalking tomorrow morning... one never knows.
If it goes online tonight, I will die.
thud.gif

monter

I'm getting JW, Caqui, SR, and Nitro. Yep, all three reds - they're all so beautiful and unique! I'm tempted by the other shadows, but I think I'm going to pass I'm so freaked I'm going to miss out, though! I hope this six week thing is legit ...