MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion

mac_aiken

Just a couple of quick observations while playing with my new goodies:

I love the following combos (your mileage may vary of course):
Pincurl with Top Knot for a quick cool smokey eye
Red Devil over Virgin Isle CCB or CB 96 l/s for a warm lip that is great with Redhead MSF or bronzer

I love the 226 and the 214 but passed on the 165.

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
It is for me and I am NC45

Erin is wearing it on her Blog in Blonde and I think it shows up nicely even on darker complexions

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_yTmTMeDirP...0/IMG_5241.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_yTmTMeDirP...pphireface.bmp

Thanks a lot! I'm about NC35 so it should show up on me.
th_DANCE.gif

Kiwiberries

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitzstephanie
Which one do you guys prefer? Brunette MSF or So Ceylon?
smiles.gif

I like Brunette because it has more subtle hints of peach and the gradual color stripes let me apply it lighter on my NC25 skin than So Ceylon.

Krasevayadancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Adina you are so adorable! I hope that you had a good time. BTW I love the Enchanted Unicorn machine. It is one of my favorites!
smiles.gif

Thank you darling! HAHA, I love enchanted Unicorn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamEva Le Fay

Adina...
icon_eek.gif

I want that blouse!!!!
th_drool.gif

That would be Rachel Pally
winks.gif
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
You look gorgeous! Love the purple!!

Thank you Susanne!
heart.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
You look stunning Adina!
heart.gif

Do I see the purple Chromaline?
greengrin.gif

Thank you Jeanette!!!
th_DANCE.gif
That's actually Shiseido violet hydropower and a mufe eyeshadow. I will post the fotd soon!

CosmePro

I've had these and used them everyday for the past11 days and I LOVE LOVE lOVE the redhead and blonde MSF's. They are hands down my fav's of the collection.
That being said, I also still really adore flip, henna and french cuff. they are gorgeous everyday look colors ofr my NC25 skin.

Still can't make up my mind about strawberry blonde? I tried it on and wore it for a few and then bought O l/s...wtf??!?

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
Thank you Jeanette!!!
th_DANCE.gif
That's actually Shiseido violet hydropower and a mufe eyeshadow. I will post the fotd soon!

yahoo.gif
I am looking forward to your FOTD!
th_DANCE.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
yahoo.gif
I am looking forward to your FOTD!
th_DANCE.gif

Adina's posts are now the FAB-OTD

Face and Boob of the Day
th_DANCE.gif

CosmePro

I know this is supposed to be in another area, but has anyone heard anything about the new studio sculpt? I keep checking the thread and there's not much there.

Supposed to be out the 5th I think, and we haven't heard much. I WANT IT, I NEED IT, I think I'm gonna LOVE IT!! LOL

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lialani
If anyone has Margin blush, how does it compare to MSF's from this collection? Do they have the same texture and sheen without noticeable shimmer? Somewhat like a glowing eyeshadow? Looking at the swatch thread, I imagine Margin looks very close to one of the stripes in Brunette MSF. I'm so tempted by Redhead but I hardly ever use highlighters except for the eyes sometimes.
th_dunno.gif

I just compared Margin to the 2 MFS I have(redhead & blonde) and really they are all different. Blonde doesn't com close(too pink) and redhead is just different. The sheen in the redhead just makes it different (even the darkest color) is different than Margin(redhead looks pinker next to margin, even though its not really pink. I don't know about brunette cause I don't have it. I do think if you like Margin you will also like redhead (but they are different)HTH!!!

CosmePro

Quote:
I haven't???? ^^^

But Ebay has tons

I don't think I want it bad enough to buy it off ebay...
ssad.gif
I'll have to wait
smiles.gif

Thanks though!

TISH1124

^^^ Got that right....those Ebay people be on it though ... Gotta be people working for MAC...the collections don't even be out yet...so weird

princess

Is Live and Dye lipglass worth it or is it just like any of the other trillion light pinks that MAC has released before?

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
shockt.gif
Not even the brushes? Or one MSF?
nope.gif

Nope - not one thing.
winks.gif

If you saw all my stuff you would understand, my dear.
lol.gif

And I have Light Flush MSF plus a Laura Mercier Pink Mosaic shimmer brick thingy and those give me the highlighting/sheen I need. I'm just not crazed over the MSFs like so many others are. What I have does the job nicely.
yes.gif

I must admit to really jonesing for that 226 brush, though. Even though I have brushes pretty close to it.

Must. Be. Strong. Which is why, as you might have noticed (or not) that I have not been on this thread too much, at least for the last 100 pages or so.
lol.gif

cocolicouss

Quote:
Adina's posts are now the FAB-OTD

Face and Boob of the Day
th_DANCE.gif

hehe love you tish she looks so gorgeous in that pic purple is deffi her color

darkishstar

Man, I love these new MSFs so much.
Redhead is my favorite, but honestly, I love Brunette a lot too!
I need to try using the stripes separately too.
smiles.gif