MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion

Miss QQ

Adina sure makes playing the slot machine look sexy.
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
My list is now so much shorter and I like it!
th_DANCE.gif

Although the new MSFs are different to the others my Petticoat has such a nice decent veining that I don't feel like I really need the Blonde.
I love So Ceylon that much that I bought a backup a couple of minutes ago.
heart.gif
I don't see me using the Brunette much although it lookes really pretty so that it left the list too.

The Redhead however is the MSF I am looking forward to!
However I must admit that it disturbs me - after seeing the new swatches - that the new MSFs are more shimmery. It is a soft shimmer but .. not so sure about it. It might even leave the list too when I see it IRL.

The updated and much shorter list is:

- Redhead MSF
- Pincurl e/s
- #165 (maybe)

I am in a "no more Lipglasses"-mood because I feel that I have with the ones I have - including the three last years Little Darlings Sets - enough right now. I am more a Lipglass than a Lipstick person so I don't really need any of the Lipsticks too.
The only Eyeshadow that I want is Pincurl.
heart.gif

A shorter list feels good!
th_e2cloud9.gif

thmbup.gif
My shorter list feels good too! I want to save for all the wonderful collections coming this year, and Hello Kitty!

I want:
Blonde MSF - I hope it is the Petticoat which I don't have.
Redhead MSF / Brunette MSF - the So Ceylon which I don't have.
214 / the Sephora brush
greengrin.gif
- If they are almost the same, I'll get the Sephora's since it is cheaper, although the handle is shorter.

Rudyru

I ended up using my b2m stash on most of the collection. :| I really felt that most weren't worth my money as most of the colours are highly dupeable! I handed over 18 empties for a lippie from each combo and bought all three MSFs (I've only recently gotten into MSFs so I have nothing like these)

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyru
I ended up using my b2m stash on most of the collection. :| I really felt that most weren't worth my money as most of the colours are highly dupeable! I handed over 18 empties for a lippie from each combo and bought all three MSFs (I've only recently gotten into MSFs so I have nothing like these)

Thats what I did B2M for all the e/s and l/g and l/s I wanted and bought the MSF's and brushes ...so the blow was not as hard

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsimpsonboyce
Does anyone know when tins comes out in New Zealand/Australia?

who knows? ive been told that they have their update in feb, so prob a few weeks after this.

i will be no where near a mac counter when BBR and hello kitty comes out, so im thinking i will save my pennies (no credit card)

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_vida
Hello everybody) (i am a newbie here, but i LOOOOVE this site!!!!!!!))))
Sorry for my bad english
ssad.gif

How do you think, is red devil too orange on nc15???

I'm a NC15 with bright red hair and Red Devil works for me.

coachkitten

I have a Macy's GC to use and I went on Macys.com since they have free shipping with any $50 MAC purchase. Anyways when I added pincurl and flip to my shopping bag it says that the colors I added were called "Understudy" and "Mata-Hari Gold". Were these the working names for these products? It is really strange!

OfficerJenny

So I finally checked this out today
Shadows were a huge disappointment to me except for Femme Fi and Flip.
The lippies were sooo hot, though. Especially Chignon and B Babe!
Hated the MSFs, though lol :C

darkishstar

I think the lippies definitely stole the show for this collection!
And I think I'll end up getting a back-up of Redhead MSF, not for Brunette or Blonde though, I don't think I'd be using those on as much a regular basis as Redhead.

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I have a Macy's GC to use and I went on Macys.com since they have free shipping with any $50 MAC purchase. Anyways when I added pincurl and flip to my shopping bag it says that the colors I added were called "Understudy" and "Mata-Hari Gold". Were these the working names for these products? It is really strange!

That is really really strange

bella1342

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
I think the lippies definitely stole the show for this collection!
And I think I'll end up getting a back-up of Redhead MSF, not for Brunette or Blonde though, I don't think I'd be using those on as much a regular basis as Redhead.

Totally agree with you! I love the lippies, msf's and brushes. I cant stop using redhead msf... I think I need a backup too. I also wanted to get rid of the msfs I'll never use.

bella1342

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Adina sure makes playing the slot machine look sexy.
yes.gif

thmbup.gif
My shorter list feels good too! I want to save for all the wonderful collections coming this year, and Hello Kitty!

I want:
Blonde MSF - I hope it is the Petticoat which I don't have.
Redhead MSF / Brunette MSF - the So Ceylon which I don't have.
214 / the Sephora brush
greengrin.gif
- If they are almost the same, I'll get the Sephora's since it is cheaper, although the handle is shorter.

I have the Sephora brush and MAC's 214... IMO they are not even close to being the same. MAC's is so worth the price! I'm getting another one soon.

ladyJ

No one needs a back up. It'll be okay. Trust me. *smiles* (hoping this will help everyone save some money)

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
I'm a NC15 with bright red hair and Red Devil works for me.

I'm paler than NW15 with blue-pink undertones and red hair and I frigging love Red Devil. I wonder how much that one reacts with different body chemistries?

Also, the insane part of me wants another redhead MSF, but the sane part is telling it to shut up because MSFs last a zillion uses and I have a lot of MSFs...

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
I'm paler than NW15 with blue-pink undertones and red hair and I frigging love Red Devil. I wonder how much that one reacts with different body chemistries?

Also, the insane part of me wants another redhead MSF, but the sane part is telling it to shut up because MSFs last a zillion uses and I have a lot of MSFs...

You should listen to your sane part then, because it is making a lot of sense.
winks.gif
Or if you really want to get it, you could trade off some of your lesser used MSF for the redhead one.
greengrin.gif

Lialani

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyJ
No one needs a back up. It'll be okay. Trust me. *smiles* (hoping this will help everyone save some money)

LadyJ, it sounds like you know something we don't
winks.gif
Does that mean MAC is coming up with something even better than BBR MSF's? Or will they become perm?
greengrin.gif

I've just seen Fool's Gold movie with Kate Hudson and couldn't take my eyes off her cheek highlights. I wish I knew which product they used on her, it looked gorgeous and very natural...

ladyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lialani
winks.gif
Does that mean MAC is coming up with something even better than BBR MSF's? Or will they become perm?
greengrin.gif

I've just seen Fool's Gold movie with Kate Hudson and couldn't take my eyes off her cheek highlights. I wish I knew which product they used on her, it looked gorgeous and very natural...

HAHA I really wish I knew more but I don't. BUTTT I do know they will eventually develop more products that we will love thus we do not need several back ups. It will save us money and yet we will still be building our collection of MAC.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs

I KNOW I need to listen to that too, especially since I have more than enough back-ups with Petticoat and So Ceylon. You know what I'm saying? Then again, I probably don't have as many MSFs as you do..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
winks.gif
Or if you really want to get it, you could trade off some of your lesser used MSF for the redhead one.
greengrin.gif

I think I will end up doing that. Selling off Light Flush just to get another Redhead. Hahaha.. oh dear... Redhead is making us ladies go crazy for sure!

ladyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lialani
winks.gif
greengrin.gif

Double post!

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
winks.gif
greengrin.gif

Oh, no worries, the sane part is keeping the crazy part in check.
smiles.gif
I've managed to stick to the $7.86 out of pocket budget I had for this, and I wouldn't want to ruin that! My wallet also cheers for this move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
I KNOW I need to listen to that too, especially since I have more than enough back-ups with Petticoat and So Ceylon. You know what I'm saying? Then again, I probably don't have as many MSFs as you do..

I think I will end up doing that. Selling off Light Flush just to get another Redhead. Hahaha.. oh dear... Redhead is making us ladies go crazy for sure!

Oh, MSFs. I don't have as many as, oh, say, coachkitten, but I do have most of them.

Peaches are gorgeous and amazing and look fantastic on so many people. Add that to the fact that these MSFs are smooth and non-glittery, and you're going to have one hell of a product...

Latest posts