MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
Oh, MSFs. I don't have as many as, oh, say, coachkitten, but I do have most of them.

Peaches are gorgeous and amazing and look fantastic on so many people. Add that to the fact that these MSFs are smooth and non-glittery, and you're going to have one hell of a product...

Hahah, dang, I should just go ahead and get a back-up. All I have are..
Petticoat x2
So Ceylon x2
Light Flush
Warmed
Redhead
Blonde
Brunette

That's not nearly so many as any of you girls I bet!

And I agree with the peach statement! Enough pink to work with pink undertones, and enough yellow to work with yellow undertones. Definitely a color that everyone will like~!

Lialani

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyJ
HAHA I really wish I knew more but I don't. BUTTT I do know they will eventually develop more products that we will love thus we do not need several back ups. It will save us money and yet we will still be building our collection of MAC.

That's for sure!
graucho.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
Oh, no worries, the sane part is keeping the crazy part in check.
smiles.gif
I've managed to stick to the $7.86 out of pocket budget I had for this, and I wouldn't want to ruin that! My wallet also cheers for this move.

Oh, MSFs. I don't have as many as, oh, say, coachkitten, but I do have most of them.

Peaches are gorgeous and amazing and look fantastic on so many people. Add that to the fact that these MSFs are smooth and non-glittery, and you're going to have one hell of a product...

First off, cheers for you and your wallet!
pompom.gif

There's always a bigger fish in the ocean, in this case, there's always someone who owns more MSFs than you do.
lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Hahah, dang, I should just go ahead and get a back-up. All I have are..
Petticoat x2
So Ceylon x2
Light Flush
Warmed
Redhead
Blonde
Brunette

That's not nearly so many as any of you girls I bet!

And I agree with the peach statement! Enough pink to work with pink undertones, and enough yellow to work with yellow undertones. Definitely a color that everyone will like~!

Calling out to darkish's sane head voice! Although you may not have the most MSFs but what you have would probably last you through this lifetime.
lecture.gif
I don't mean to be violent, but hope I can knock some sense to fight off the temptation. I'll stick to what I said earlier, trade off something if you wanna get a backup!
greengrin.gif
Especially since you would want to get some stuff from HK too, right?
sneaky.gif

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
Calling out to darkish's sane head voice! Although you may not have the most MSFs but what you have would probably last you through this lifetime.
lecture.gif
I don't mean to be violent, but hope I can knock some sense to fight off the temptation. I'll stick to what I said earlier, trade off something if you wanna get a backup!
greengrin.gif
Especially since you would want to get some stuff from HK too, right?
sneaky.gif

Hahaha, I was thinking of getting rid of Light Flush to get another Redhead, so I'm not totally crazy. Yes, those would last me this lifetime, really.
smiles.gif
I'm one of the more restrained ones on the forum, so yeah. So no need for the violence! (I'm a tender Asian girl after all!
lol.gif
)

And HK? Don't get me started, I only want 2-3 things at most.
So yeah, it's not an issue for me to really get another MSF.
greengrin.gif

coachkitten

Quote:

greengrin.gif
I do love my MSFs! Many go neglected but there are about four that I use on a regular basis (Lightscapade, Redhead, Stereo Rose, & Petticoat).

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsimpsonboyce
Does anyone know when tins comes out in New Zealand/Australia?

When I was at my local counter last week I'm pretty sure she said February 2nd.

That was at DJ's in Adelaide. She also mentioned something about this possibly being exclusive to DJ's but not sure if that is true or not.

TamEva Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiberries
How does one know when a collection becomes unavailable...

Simple...
yes.gif
when you've become aware that your desired items or collections are no longer available online or at your closest Stores/counters, simply call the "GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN" Hotline 1-800-216-7173 and allow them to track it down for you.

They're able to track items as far back as one year.
yes.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Hahaha, I was thinking of getting rid of Light Flush to get another Redhead, so I'm not totally crazy. Yes, those would last me this lifetime, really.
smiles.gif
I'm one of the more restrained ones on the forum, so yeah. So no need for the violence! (I'm a tender Asian girl after all!
lol.gif
)

And HK? Don't get me started, I only want 2-3 things at most.
So yeah, it's not an issue for me to really get another MSF.
greengrin.gif

Me too! I'm really only tempted by lip things, and some cheek stuff. I hate my eyes and will never dress them up, so there's no point buying loads of e/s just because they look pretty in the pan. Sad that I've got ugly eyes but hey, that saves me a whole lot of money.
lol.gif

Sorry about the violence, here's some TLC for you:
th_cheerup.gif
kissy.gif

Shhh.. I'm a tender Asian girl too!
curtsey.gif
th_roll1.gif

darkishstar

Quote:
Me too! I'm really only tempted by lip things, and some cheek stuff. I hate my eyes and will never dress them up, so there's no point buying loads of e/s just because they look pretty in the pan. Sad that I've got ugly eyes but hey, that saves me a whole lot of money.
lol.gif

Sorry about the violence, here's some TLC for you:
th_cheerup.gif
kissy.gif

Shhh.. I'm a tender Asian girl too!
curtsey.gif
th_roll1.gif

You so DO NOT have ugly eyes! Don't you dare say that, or I will become violent!
girl_devil.gif

I think the key is to know how to work with what you have and learn how to do make up based on YOUR shape, not anyone else's. I know it's hard because I have definitely struggled with mine, I sort of have a grasp now how to do make-up for my eyes. I think you just need to practice a lot and find a good example of a person that has eyes like yours that does fantastic make-up. I personally always look at Snowkei's tutorials and looks because we have similar eyes, including a very small eyelid that still somewhat visible (not complete monolid), I don't think me and you have the same eye shape, or I'd recommend someone to you.
ssad.gif

I've stopped buying eye stuff though, there's only so much I can use! Lip stuff.. on the other hand.. is also my main weakness. Besides that though.. I MAY invest in another Redhead. We'll see.
smiles.gif
But I guess it IS a good thing you focus mainly on lip stuff, you won't spend a crapload on eyeshadows then! Though I still think it's definitely because you probably need more practice with eye make-up. :nod:

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella1342
I have the Sephora brush and MAC's 214... IMO they are not even close to being the same. MAC's is so worth the price! I'm getting another one soon.

Thanks for your opinion! I will go for the MAC brush then.
smiles.gif

Sanayhs

Quote:
I hate my eyes and will never dress them up, so there's no point buying loads of e/s just because they look pretty in the pan. Sad that I've got ugly eyes but hey, that saves me a whole lot of money.
lol.gif

nonono.gif

You do NOT have ugly eyes. They are lovely and you should learn to love them. They may not be the easiest shape to figure out eyeshadow application for, but that hardly means there's something wrong with them! Try to set aside your frustrations with their shape, look at them and attempt to find what will work for them. There's nothing wrong with simply experimenting at home, either, or searching for other Asians to see how they work with their eyes. I hope that if you can figure out how to work with them, perhaps you'll realize how delightful they are.
smiles.gif

Catatonia

I'm a brunette but that's the only MSF I'm not interested in
nope.gif
As soon as I can get my hands on them, I'm getting Blonde and probably Redhead
msf_addict.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
My list is now so much shorter and I like it!
th_DANCE.gif

Although the new MSFs are different to the others my Petticoat has such a nice decent veining that I don't feel like I really need the Blonde.
I love So Ceylon that much that I bought a backup a couple of minutes ago.
heart.gif
I don't see me using the Brunette much although it lookes really pretty so that it left the list too.

The Redhead however is the MSF I am looking forward to!
However I must admit that it disturbs me - after seeing the new swatches - that the new MSFs are more shimmery. It is a soft shimmer but .. not so sure about it. It might even leave the list too when I see it IRL.

The updated and much shorter list is:

- Redhead MSF
- Pincurl e/s
- #165 (maybe)

I am in a "no more Lipglasses"-mood because I feel that I have with the ones I have - including the three last years Little Darlings Sets - enough right now. I am more a Lipglass than a Lipstick person so I don't really need any of the Lipsticks too.
The only Eyeshadow that I want is Pincurl.
heart.gif

A shorter list feels good!
th_e2cloud9.gif

shockt.gif

Ok, more for me left!!
lol.gif

th_hug.gif

Carrie Ann

First I thought I can pass this color story, but after checking some swatches and descriptions...*uuuh* noooo
th_wink3.gif
On my list are:

-e/s: French Cuff, Flip, 100 Strokes & Deep Shade
-l/g: Strawberry Blonde
-Brushes: all??
shockt.gif
greengrin.gif

Im not sure, if the dupes of the e/s may are are enough for me, so that a buy of the LE e/s is not necessary...and second: I dunno how to combine Deep Shade, but its so unique, isnt it?

The brushes go perm, right? Hm...very hard decision...
ssad.gif

Latest posts