MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion

jenntoz

My question is...does everyone who bought the 165 really love it? I passed on it. If you skip the 165, you could basically get 3 e/s for the price of the brush instead. Personally, I love Henna...more than SO, its more gold than green & its gorgeous. I also think Femme-Fi is a wonderful highlight color. Flip is so pretty(I did buy that one) but its probably not completely unique, if you have other golds you couldskip it, but if you don't it would be a great color to have. Knight looks passable to me if you have other grays you could skip it.

LP_x

Specktra's not working for me anymore, it won't let me see past the first page of any threads. So I'm still reading about BBR being about hair products
crybaby.gif

Shoegal-fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_x
Specktra's not working for me anymore, it won't let me see past the first page of any threads. So I'm still reading about BBR being about hair products
crybaby.gif

Same here, but it's fixed for me now! I was so freaking out!!!

jenntoz

Quote:
crybaby.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoegal-fr
Same here, but it's fixed for me now! I was so freaking out!!!

Yep, I think we're all fixed now. I was nervous for a miniute there.
Janice had posted that we would have some down time this morning, hopefully that was it & we're all better now
thmbup.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz
My question is...does everyone who bought the 165 really love it? I passed on it. If you skip the 165, you could basically get 3 e/s for the price of the brush instead. Personally, I love Henna...more than SO, its more gold than green & its gorgeous. I also think Femme-Fi is a wonderful highlight color. Flip is so pretty(I did buy that one) but its probably not completely unique, if you have other golds you couldskip it, but if you don't it would be a great color to have. Knight looks passable to me if you have other grays you could skip it.

I really like the 165 for highligthing my under eye area, down my nose and my cheek bone...it's the perfect size....But if you have one that you love that does this already..I say skip it...I am just glad I didn't

stv578

Quote:
I sooo wish you hadsn't said that
lol.gif

Sorry! How about this? If you love Petticoat and use it often, you could skip the Blonde MSF. I like Petticoat, but don't use it often, especially for work, so I'll get much more use out of the Blonde!

RayannaBanana

I finally got my BBR stuff today!!
greengrin.gif
I love it all especially Pincurl and Knight I think I could do a really nice smokey eye with those 2.
smiles.gif

I haven't tried anything on yet though. I hope Red Devil suits me I love the gold in it. 100 Strokes is pretty to, I love my burgundys lately. Top Knot looks really pretty in the pot with all the purpley sparkles but I know those never last.

Now I have all these eyes shadows, I might need to learn how to depot.
I found some Pro quads on ebay but I don't know how much they are at the Pro store. If I get them on ebay I want to make sure I'm not getting ripped off. Can anyone tell me how much the MAC PRO qauds are in Canada?

AdlersMommy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
I imagine it would be insane over Coral Polyp from Dame Edna.
heart.gif
It certainly works over Blow Dry and would likely also be delightful over Vegas Volt from the perm line.

I tried it over vegas volt which was wayyy too milky for me--> and it looks amazing. Also looks great over Coral Polyp. I will post pictures in the next couple hours for you guys
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one

poor Eagles, but it was a good game.
I love football
winks.gif

Football, shmootball. I <3 me some baseball. I just waited on Jim Thome the other night @ Work (hes from my hometown) ... he's my hero. I tell my son that Jim Thome is his real dad. He's only 10 months old so he doesnt know the difference LOL. Im dieing to go see my white sox sooooooooooon!

Quote:
crybaby.gif

it wasnt working for me either.
thmbdn.gif

jdechant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayannaBanana
greengrin.gif
I love it all especially Pincurl and Knight I think I could do a really nice smokey eye with those 2.
smiles.gif

I haven't tried anything on yet though. I hope Red Devil suits me I love the gold in it. 100 Strokes is pretty to, I love my burgundys lately. Top Knot looks really pretty in the pot with all the purpley sparkles but I know those never last.

I found some Pro quads on ebay but I don't know how much they are at the Pro store. If I get them on ebay I want to make sure I'm not getting ripped off. Can anyone tell me how much the MAC PRO qauds are in Canada?

The empty quad pallettes are $4.50 CDN. The empty 15 pallettes are $14.50 CDN. Instead of paying more over Ebay, why don't you just phone your nearest MAC freestanding store and get them to do a phone order for you. They do this for me in Alberta and I am 8 hours away from my nearest MAC. That way you don't pay ebay's prices (ridiculous in my opinion) and they are usually more then happy to do the order for you over the phone
smiles.gif
Hope that helps

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayannaBanana
greengrin.gif
smiles.gif

the quads here US are like $4 (I think) and the pro 15 palette is $12 for sure

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiberries
I soooo agree! Anyone getting a Redhead back-up?

got mine. along with a backup of brunette and blonde, a couple peroxides and a bunch of live and dye gloss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Dame Edna and other collections will only appear on the main page for a month or so. But what items don't sell out will still be available in the various sub-categories (ie lips, eyes, etc.) until they run out.

or until RTVs, which we just did ours. we got rid of everything before (not including) red she said.

Quote:
I have a Macy's GC to use and I went on Macys.com since they have free shipping with any $50 MAC purchase. Anyways when I added pincurl and flip to my shopping bag it says that the colors I added were called "Understudy" and "Mata-Hari Gold". Were these the working names for these products? It is really strange!

they are. heading to the thread i started to update it shortly.

edit: hehe, i already included those!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
^^^ Yes, Parfait Amour is beautiful. I wonder if my MAC counter has it or it is discontinued. It is displayed though.

it hasn't been DCd.

Kiwiberries

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico
Is Blonde MSF very similar to Petticoat? I'm getting Redhead MSF,100 Strokes e/s,226 brush.But Blonde MSF screams "buy me" .It will be hard to resist

Petticoat and Blonde are very close in my opinion. Petticoat has just a little more of a rose tint.

Susanne

Quote:
I feel bad for you guys
ssad.gif
It would be so nice if we could all be able to talk about the collections at the same time. Not fair - I protest
girl_devil.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I protest TOO!! So MAC please push HK out further so that I have more time to recoup funds to buy it....

Quote:
I hate that you all have to wait to get these collections. I wish that for once you would get them before us.
ssad.gif
It isn't fair at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
Well, congratulations to all of you who manage to wait. If I were in your situation, I'd be getting CPs every bloody time!

grouphug2.gif

Shoegal-fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdlersMommy22
I tried it over vegas volt which was wayyy too milky for me--> and it looks amazing. Also looks great over Coral Polyp. I will post pictures in the next couple hours for you guys
smiles.gif

I'm taking your word for it!!! I want to see those soooo badly!!!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^ Erin has the best camera EVER!! I'm stealing it when I go over to her house!

cutey.gif
thmbup.gif

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdlersMommy22
smiles.gif

Hurray pictures!!! And I'm glad it worked for you! Also, I reeeeeallly want Vegas Volt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiberries
Petticoat and Blonde are very close in my opinion. Petticoat has just a little more of a rose tint.

The problem with comparing Petticoat and Blonde is that it really depends on how much veining your Petticoat has, and how heavily you go on different parts of the Blonde. It's just damn inconsistent.
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lushious_lips
Does anyone knows if Marquise'D l/s from BBR is similar to Pleasureseeker from Neo Sci Fi ?

They're different - I find Marquise d' much more neutral on my lips than pleasureseeker. I also find Pleasureseeker to be a touch sheerer.
smiles.gif
I do love both dearly, though!

bella1342

Quote:
Just off the top of my head;
lippies:
Fun Fun
Real Doll
Playboy
Aloof
California Dreamin
Rose Lips set
love.gif

(adds) - Angel

glosses:
LaLa Libertine
Angel Cream - fave
Baby Sparks
Cultureclash
Bait

I'm sure there's a bunch I can't even think of right now, but I love them all.

Thats awesome that so many of you love football too. I've loved football ever since I was little & used to watch it with my dad. He was a Packers fan.
My son is hoping that my love of football rubs off on his wife
winks.gif

Great choices!! I recently found Fun Fun and Aloof at my CCO... of course I didn't hesitate to get them. I also love Real Doll.

I always wanted Angel Cream and I'm hoping one day I'll find it at my CCO, so far no luck there though.