MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion

GlamYOURUs

God I hate my counter sometimes. They are always missing something from a new collection. :\

Apparently, they never got the Red Devil l/g and they won't b/c... "they changed their minds in sending that l/g so they gave us a shipment of COC l/g instead"

wtf? How could they do that when COC isn't apart of this? And who is they? Something is really off.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
God I hate my counter sometimes. They are always missing something from a new collection. :\

Apparently, they never got the Red Devil l/g and they won't b/c... "they changed their minds in sending that l/g so they gave us a shipment of COC l/g instead"

wtf? How could they do that when COC isn't apart of this? And who is they? Something is really off.

Yep, this has been posted by quite a few members that their counters received COC instead...so weird!

AdlersMommy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoegal-fr
I'm taking your word for it!!! I want to see those soooo badly!!!

Dont worry- As soon my son lays down for his afternoon nap in about 30 min, Im going to take a shower and do my makeup and you guys will see here just a bit
smiles.gif
More than happy to post them!.. im just so glad I finally found out a way to use vegas volt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Yep, this has been posted by quite a few members that their counters received COC instead...so weird!

Ugh im so jealous- I want CoC l/g soooooooooooo bad.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdlersMommy22

Hey get one of those ladies to CP one for ya!

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdlersMommy22

If you have the cash, why not find out where one of the counters with it is and call them up to get them to ship it to you?

hawaii02

Hey all! Going back to read the 10 pages I've missed over the weekend. I wore All's Fair again today and still love it!!
smiles.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella1342
Great choices!! I recently found Fun Fun and Aloof at my CCO... of course I didn't hesitate to get them. I also love Real Doll.

I always wanted Angel Cream and I'm hoping one day I'll find it at my CCO, so far no luck there though.

fun, fun and aloof are two of my FAVS!! I picked them up at the CCO too!!

LP_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Sorry! How about this? If you love Petticoat and use it often, you could skip the Blonde MSF. I like Petticoat, but don't use it often, especially for work, so I'll get much more use out of the Blonde!

Yes, that's a much better answer
lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz
My question is...does everyone who bought the 165 really love it? I passed on it. If you skip the 165, you could basically get 3 e/s for the price of the brush instead. Personally, I love Henna...more than SO, its more gold than green & its gorgeous. I also think Femme-Fi is a wonderful highlight color. Flip is so pretty(I did buy that one) but its probably not completely unique, if you have other golds you couldskip it, but if you don't it would be a great color to have. Knight looks passable to me if you have other grays you could skip it.

*Hands over ears*
La la laaaaaa I can't hear you!!!

MaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_x
Oh I don't know what to get
crybaby.gif
I want lots from this collection and lots from the permanent line too. How frustrating.

Don't shoot me... but I *think* I'm gonna skip the MSF's. I'll get 4 e/s, the 226 and the 165 and I think that's my lot from BBR. Unfortunately. I hate waiting for collections, it gives me too much time to be sensible, then I regret not getting them when they're gone. Hmmm.

I returned my Redhead and Blonde MSF's today. The Redhead was very close in color to the Pearl Sunshine beauty powder from the Barbie collection, the beauty powder has a sheen and doesn't look as 'metallic' on (at least on me) as the MSF's. I got a glimpse of myself in daylight when I was wearing the MSF's over blush and it was just too much shimmer and I apply makeup with a light hand so back they went to the Mac counter.

Sanayhs

Henna, sadly, was ridiculously green on me and not gold at all. It definitely seems to me that the darker one's skin is, the more golden it looks. So, uh, for me? It's way green. And it's the kind of green I LOVE, but I don't need another pot of that shade, so I totally passed.

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
Henna, sadly, was ridiculously green on me and not gold at all. It definitely seems to me that the darker one's skin is, the more golden it looks. So, uh, for me? It's way green. And it's the kind of green I LOVE, but I don't need another pot of that shade, so I totally passed.

I'm NW/NC 15. Maybe its cause I'm very neutral colored?

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz
I'm NW/NC 15. Maybe its cause I'm very neutral colored?

Maybe. I also find it shows more golden on people less pink than me.
smiles.gif

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs

That IS sad, I love Henna. I'm like NC20-25 and it looks kind of green but more gold on me. I was tempted to get a backup via b2m this weekend but went for colors I didn't have instead.

That being said, I totally want b-babe and might try to b2m tomorrow.

xxAngelxx

I finally got my BBR order today! The 226 brush is soooo soft but I've already done my makeup today so I can't try it until tomorrow. Same goes for my Blonde and Redhead MSFs. I don't know which to try first. They both look soooo pretty! And finally, I tried the What a Do! l/s and Soft Wave l/g together. Its such a gorgeous combination; I was very pleasantly suprised.
greengrin.gif

andreacvbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
Out of the 3 you picked,I would go for All's Fair and B-Babe,I loveeee those!So pretty.
yes.gif

thank u for ur advice
winkiss.gif

CantAffordMAC

Guys I have been gone for just a few days....

Ugh I hate catching up. I added a few more things to my collection:

French Cuff- hard to work with IMO. Its still pretty but I might return it...I know I hate to do it...I really do...but damn it! Why did I buy it...maybe I just need to work with it more..

What a Do...omg this lipstick is GORGEOUS. Its not too frosty...its so flattering on me. I EFFING LOVE IT. I dont have many lipsticks this color. GET IT. Or as Rbella would say "Buy it today"

Soft Wave...Im so dumb. I figured this is pretty similar to Major Minor. And ya know what, I dont care because I tried SW on over What a Do...seriously yall, this is like.....the prettiest combo on me. The MA kept saying how good it looked on me...Love it!

Now I STILL want Alls Fair and B Babe and maybe live and dye. and Henna. I spent all night depotting, just to find out that my MAC wont take ones that have been depotted. I dont know what do do. Maybe if someone on here is so kind, I could send them my empties and they could do it for me. I dunno if thats been done before...but i guess ill find out.

Anyways I had to stop reading to give my opinion. Back to page 201
winks.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Guys I have been gone for just a few days....

Ugh I hate catching up. I added a few more things to my collection:

French Cuff- hard to work with IMO. Its still pretty but I might return it...I know I hate to do it...I really do...but damn it! Why did I buy it...maybe I just need to work with it more..

What a Do...omg this lipstick is GORGEOUS. Its not too frosty...its so flattering on me. I EFFING LOVE IT. I dont have many lipsticks this color. GET IT. Or as Rbella would say "Buy it today"

Soft Wave...Im so dumb. I figured this is pretty similar to Major Minor. And ya know what, I dont care because I tried SW on over What a Do...seriously yall, this is like.....the prettiest combo on me. The MA kept saying how good it looked on me...Love it!

Now I STILL want Alls Fair and B Babe and maybe live and dye. and Henna. I spent all night depotting, just to find out that my MAC wont take ones that have been depotted. I dont know what do do. Maybe if someone on here is so kind, I could send them my empties and they could do it for me. I dunno if thats been done before...but i guess ill find out.

Anyways I had to stop reading to give my opinion. Back to page 201
winks.gif

pans are very inexpensive...buy some from CS or ebay and use them with your pots...It will be the same by the time you pay shipping to get them to the person and they pay shipping to get the items back to you

andreacvbb

My favourite lipsticks from this are Marquise d' and Blow Dry, but out of the three you name I'd go for Marquise d' and All's Fair.
smiles.gif
Feel better!!!!

thank u!!!
i am better now...i had an eye infection (conjuntivitis) , its just discusting! hate it...but now it comes the best: i cant put make up on in like 10 days!!!
thmbdn.gif

oh well....i bought old gold pigment (susanne u enabler!!! ) today, just to feel better
(mac is the best medicine)
choochoo.gif

pd: old gold is soo pretty and with teal
drools.gif

luhly4

omg
yahoo.gif

so, i'll be honest and say that none of the eyeshadows really stood out
to me from this collection; so I only ended up getting Flip since I didn't really have any eyeshadows already that can be compared to it. Such a pretttty color, I have yet to try it.

now to the part where i'm pretty shocked and all haha - I was skeptical about getting any of the MSF's because I have tons of red spots on my cheeks and their a pain to cover up but I manage to hide 'em for the most part with concealer.. and i've skipped putting on any blush of some sort because of it since it only makes them look darker or more noticable.. so I assumed that the msf's would only do the same

BUT after reading this thread for a while and all the goood reviews on em I figured why not give it a try.. I never had a MSF before and ended up getting the redhead and wow, it's amaaaazing! I put it on my cheeks and it doesn't make the spots look any darker or noticable which is a definate plus, and it's not too harsh to the point where it looks like you're even wearing anything.. it looks sooo natural.
th_worship.gif

I got 2 lipglasses - soft wave + live and dye. HANDS DOWN soft wave is my most favorite lip PRODUCT i've EVER tried. i'm most likely getting a backup for this. I also have yet to try live and dye

I didn't get much but these were such good buys for me <3