MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion

Meryl

Re: MAC - Hair Collection (working name) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I know everyone keeps mentioning drugstore brands that do the whole "eye color/hair color" thing But Im actually sort of excited for this...like you know MAC would do it waaaaayyy better.

Only I have black hair...I hope they have a category for that and not just blonde, red, and brunette.

I hope they have a category for me too! That would be so exciting!

I have brown eyes with dark blonde hair and very fair skin. Usually the fair skin person falls under the blue eyed, blonde category and brown eyed person falls under the brunette category... and there is never a category for me!

Sanayhs

My hair colour changes so often... and what about "other" hair colours? My favourite is purple!!!

carrieann07

I change my hair color so often(not drastically) I'll have to end up getting all of the colors...

Not that I mind =]

xoleaxo

this sounds really cool! hopefully the brunette stuff kick ass
smiles.gif

nelyanaphonexia

Re: Hair (working name) Collection Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
If it's hair care I can safely pass - something would have to be damned amazing to tear me away from my redken.

damn straight. I am addicted to my Redken. It would have to be something amazing and special for me to switch.

I do wish this would be a collection inspired by the musical tho....yummm.
drools.gif

*edit* just finished reading all the posts. man, I was really hoping for something hippie and psychedelic.
ssad.gif
Matching makeup to hair color? Meh. never worked on me. I have cool skin and warm brown/red hair naturally. Makeup based on my hair color never really works. The only thing that would save this collection for me would be the colors named after hair colors and they came out with a red shadow, red liner or something like that. Or some funky colored hair extensions or hair glitter.
greengrin.gif
I'm all for the hair glitter.

carrieann07

Re: Hair (working name) Collection Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelyanaphonexia
damn straight. I am addicted to my Redken. It would have to be something amazing and special for me to switch.

I do wish this would be a collection inspired by the musical tho....yummm.
drools.gif

*edit* just finished reading all the posts. man, I was really hoping for something hippie and psychedelic.
ssad.gif
Matching makeup to hair color? Meh. never worked on me. I have cool skin and warm brown/red hair naturally. Makeup based on my hair color never really works. The only thing that would save this collection for me would be the colors named after hair colors and they came out with a red shadow, red liner or something like that. Or some funky colored hair extensions or hair glitter.
greengrin.gif
I'm all for the hair glitter.

I was hoping for something hippie and psychedelic too
ssad.gif

Sanayhs

I think makeup based on hair colour is really... lame. I'm not saying I'll pass stuff over if it's really pretty, but I think this is kind of silly.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
If there are MSFs involved in the collection like it has been rumored I will be getting them all! I don't care if I am a brunette. I will make the blonde, red, brown, or black haired MSF work for me!!
smiles.gif

Hehe, my natural hair color is dark blonde, I have freckles and I'm currently a brunette. I will be buying every bit of this collection!
choochoo.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

Makeup based on hair reminds me of Prescriptives' philosophy, makeup based on skintones. I can understand face makeup being based on your complexion of course, but I disagree to strict rules on what should be worn on cheeks, eyes, and lips.

Miss QQ

Will this collection be released in Asia? Since there is nothing for black hair, if this is released here, most of us will just have to break the rules.

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
They won't stop until they come out with MAC tampons!!!!

I would totally buy these if they were mineralized.

Susanne

Re: Blonde, Brunette, Redhead Jan 1 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDUB*BELLA
Exciting! Cant wait to hear about Blonde & Brunette!!!

iagree.gif

Krasevayadancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
They won't stop until they come out with MAC tampons!!!!

Who else thought of tampons when they released these new pearlglide liners. LOL

I don't think these collections will be about matching your makeup to your hair color so much as a hair color inspired collection. Makeup is more about how colors look on your skintone, not hair. Im just seeing redhead as being a collection thats kind of firey and warm, blonde would be pretty, cool etc.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokometro
My dear friend let me peek into the Mac upcoming collection book today.

There were just a few details on the Blonde Brunette Redhead collection that will be at counters on Jan 1, 2009.

This is a mini collection for each hair color.

The redhead colors listed were
Eye shadow : French Cuff
Lipstick: Dream
Lipglass: Red Devil
Eye liner: Teddy (repromote)

I didn't see the colors for the blonde, brunette collection. The artwork for the collection had .. a blonde, brunette, and redhead wearing updo hair.

The book talked about color theory so I'm really into this. I'm a redhead and I love collections for reds!!

No pics of products and the products weren't shown at the latest Mac info meeting.

choochoo.gif

Sucks to be black haired
tong.gif
I guess Ill have to see what the collection is about first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Makeup based on hair reminds me of Prescriptives' philosophy, makeup based on skintones. I can understand face makeup being based on your complexion of course, but I disagree to strict rules on what should be worn on cheeks, eyes, and lips.

I dont think MAC would ever give us rules
greengrin.gif
I think its gonna be a different kind of collection...I cant wait. They already know us freakazoids are gonna buy the whole collection, no matter what color hair we have

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
I would totally buy these if they were mineralized.

rofl.gif

panther27

^^^Exactly lol,hey if I like the color I 'm getting it!I have dark brown,almost black,hair;I don't care what haircolor colors are supposed to go with
yes.gif
No wayy will I listen to such rules
nonono.gif

DirtyPlum

Black goes with anything and everything... so we'll just buy everything
winks.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny

Yes but skin tone makes a lot more sense than hair color to me. I mean there are so many brunettes and some are cool and some are warm, with different undertones. Especially when we are talking about a product for the face! And yes I believe one can rock cool or warm but I also think there are some tones that are naturally more flattering than others on someone's skin tone.

This doesn't mean that I wont be checking it out.