MAC By Request discussion

m0rg3nst3rn

Hi everyone!
I haven't been on in a while, but I decided to check the site today and now you all have me nervous. My shipment should be coming today and if I do not have my Moxie and Rocker I will be pissed. I can't check the box until I get home and I am doing OT today and now I am sweating bullets. I've only had a few problems out of my many orders, I hope this isn't my 4th call in the history of my MAC orders...*bites nails anxiously*

CartoonChic

The 2000's really don't seem like that long ago. I was already an adult when 2000 hit albeit a young one. I'll be 34 this October and I'm like but I don't feel like I'm gonna be in my mid thirties. I still remember my parents watching that show called Thirtysomething. Wow lol.
I remember that show. Where has the time gone?

CartoonChic

I got my lipglasses. Did anyone else see discoloration at the bottom of the tubes? All 3 lipglasses look to be darker in color towards the bottom. I don't know if this is a normal lipglass thing or not.

duckrodeo

My work is largely freelance stuff and personal projects. I haven't done anything for a major company or network, at least not yet. But my side job is actually taking up most of time, so I haven't animated anything in a long while unfortunately. But I do need to jump back into it. It's been way too long. I've also been having the urge to start drawing again.
Ahhh that is too cool! I wanted to go to Cal Arts or Ringling soo bad, but the price tag for a year of tuition scared me off!! No way I could have afforded that on my own, and my parents split up my senior year. Lots of drama back then! Lol Anyway, I minored in Art (drawing, painting, printmaking) but got a bachelor's in Communication, hoping to get the two to merge together. Makeup is just another branch of art love! So many colors and combos :)

Copperhead

I see Bdellium makes a similar looking brush, it's the 546.
I just looked it up. I agree, the size of the bristles on that one is very similar.

ETA: I checked Ebay and I see there's a regular longer brush and a travel sized one that looks like it would fit better in a makeup bag.

purplerinne

my friend and I both got our packages today...my order was fine but surprise surprise she was missing 1 moxie. so she called CS and was told that someone will call her back in 2 days bc they have to find out if they have anymore in stock. so there is a chance she may not get it at all

StarrySim

I ordered Jete and MB this morning, and I received a confirmation, but no shipping notice mail. I shouldn't be worried that MB sold out already, mine is on order, right? I don't usually subscribe to these shenanigans, so I don't know the ins and outs of online ordering from MAC. I think the only thing I ever ordered from MAC online was Stereo Rose during a brief re-stock.

Copperhead

my friend and I both got our packages today...my order was fine but surprise surprise she was missing 1 moxie. so she called CS and was told that someone will call her back in 2 days bc they have to find out if they have anymore in stock. so there is a chance she may not get it at all
Woww. WTH is really going on?! MAC needs to look into this.

Haven

This is the 117 brush.

I used to have this brush and loved it. It somehow got lost over the years.
cry.gif

Prettypackages

Oh OK. MAC 117 showed up in the description when I hovered over the pic and it was being used on the lips, so I thought that was it.
I LOVE cartoons! Grew up watching them and still do. I also make them for a living. I'm an animator. Plus my sense of fashion is very cartoony. I like bright, colorful things.
that's so cool!

Richelle83

I just looked it up. I agree, the size of the bristles on that one is very similar.

ETA: I checked Ebay and I see there's a regular longer brush and a travel sized one that looks like it would fit better in a makeup bag.
Oh ok good. I prefer the Green Bamboo series, I'll probably get that one next month.

Paisly

Sigh. I received my FoF & bait today. I'm disappointed. The shades are nice... But they are sooo sticky. It was as if i had super glue on my lips.
th_roll1.gif

I'm usually not picky when it comes to that sort of thing. It seems like these are way more sticky then my other lipglasses? Do you guys agree? It's strange.
Also, should i get rocker!?! Do any ladies with NC15 skintone like it? I'm kind of worried. I like how its more of a deep red. If i go red, I usually go for that.

CartoonChic

Anyway, I minored in Art (drawing, painting, printmaking) but got a bachelor's in Communication, hoping to get the two to merge together. Makeup is just another branch of art love! So many colors and combos :)
Exactly! I didn't realize that until now and I've fallen hard and fast for the makeup world. It's like living art and makeup is the paint. I get excited seeing all of the colors, brushes and palettes. In fact, I think my painting skills might have improved from what I've learned about makeup application. It's essentially the same principles, but applying the techniques on a 3-dimensional form just make the concepts more real and tangible.

Yeah, those schools have excellent reputations but are crazy expensive. I stayed local, but the school I went to still had a high price tag. I was fortunate to have a full scholarship to cover my costs. I have friends who are still paying off their student loans.

Haven

I agree with Mac-Guy. The multiple shipping idea has backfired on them and has probably overwhelmed the warehouse. I hope they rethink this idea in the future.
I sincerely hope that they do too! Maybe they thought that a staggered release date would lead to higher sales.

I have ordered less from this collection money-wise than other collections (like Heavenly Creatures or Hey Sailor), yet I feel like I have spent more on this collection because of the extended site stalking, multiple black boxes, etc. The staggered release dates are actually motivating me to buy & order less MAC in the near future. Plus the multiple black boxes arriving throughout last week (one more to go with the eyeshadows) has not gone unnoticed by DH. Not that he said anything, but I did get "that look."
angry.gif

CartoonChic

I ordered Jete and MB this morning, and I received a confirmation, but no shipping notice mail. I shouldn't be worried that MB sold out already, mine is on order, right? I don't usually subscribe to these shenanigans, so I don't know the ins and outs of online ordering from MAC. I think the only thing I ever ordered from MAC online was Stereo Rose during a brief re-stock.
Call Customer Service to put your mind at ease. You can ask if there are any problems with your order.

Latest posts