MAC By Request discussion

Knope2012

Sigh. I received my FoF & bait today. I'm disappointed. The shades are nice... But they are sooo sticky. It was as if i had super glue on my lips.
th_roll1.gif

I'm usually not picky when it comes to that sort of thing. It seems like these are way more sticky then my other lipglasses? Do you guys agree? It's strange.
Also, should i get rocker!?! Do any ladies with NC15 skintone like it? I'm kind of worried. I like how its more of a deep red. If i go red, I usually go for that.
MAC lipglasses are notoriously sticky :( It doesn't bother me, but I know a lot of people hate it. You might prefer MAC's creemesheen glasses, as I don't find them to be sticky at all. They have some lovely shades too! I'm NW15, though leaning towards neutral, and I love Rocker. It wasn't too deep on me at all. Just the right amount of vampy without being too much.

I tried Moxie on today and I love it! It's the perfect balance of pink and red, and I honestly wish I had bought 2. It just brightens up my complexion beautifully and is bright, but still tame enough to be an every day shade. This one should be in the permanent line.

Richelle83

my friend and I both got our packages today...my order was fine but surprise surprise she was missing 1 moxie. so she called CS and was told that someone will call her back in 2 days bc they have to find out if they have anymore in stock. so there is a chance she may not get it at all
Sticky Fingers strikes again! It's crazy how many people did not get this lipstick.

CartoonChic

I sincerely hope that they do too! Maybe they thought that a staggered release date would lead to higher sales.

I have ordered less from this collection money-wise than other collections (like Heavenly Creatures or Hey Sailor), yet I feel like I have spent more on this collection because of the extended site stalking, multiple black boxes, etc. The staggered release dates are actually motivating me to buy & order less MAC in the near future. Plus the multiple black boxes arriving throughout last week (one more to go with the eyeshadows) has not gone unnoticed by DH. Not that he said anything, but I did get "that look."
angry.gif
For such a small collection, it has been very draining. It's taken a lot of effort to actually buy things from it. Buying makeup shouldn't be work.

Paisly

MAC lipglasses are notoriously sticky :( It doesn't bother me, but I know a lot of people hate it. You might prefer MAC's creemesheen glasses, as I don't find them to be sticky at all. They have some lovely shades too! I'm NW15, though leaning towards neutral, and I love Rocker. It wasn't too deep on me at all. Just the right amount of vampy without being too much.

I tried Moxie on today and I love it! It's the perfect balance of pink and red, and I honestly wish I had bought 2. It just brightens up my complexion beautifully and is bright, but still tame enough to be an every day shade. This one should be in the permanent line.
Yea, I've heard about them being sticky. I ordered most of the nudes and pink lipglasses from when they launched them out with the bestselling lipsticks. I can't remember what the collection was called. sorry. Those were not nearly as sticky. Maybe im crazy. lol I LOVE the cremesheen glasses! Just hate the amount of product you get for the money.
You sold me! :) I'm gonna get rocker! I wish i had larger lips. I think sometimes with more bold or bright colors... they look amazing with luscious lips.

Richelle83

Exactly. And to think that I have to wait until October and then go through that myself... I'll need strong nerves!

LOL!! Maybe you can wear Ruffian Gold over it? Did anyone try that?

Crazy what's going on with Moxie.
Genius you are!! Didn't even cross my mind!

BeLucky

Exactly! I didn't realize that until now and I've fallen hard and fast for the makeup world. It's like living art and makeup is the paint. I get excited seeing all of the colors, brushes and palettes. In fact, I think my painting skills might have improved from what I've learned about makeup application. It's essentially the same principles, but applying the techniques on a 3-dimensional form just make the concepts more real and tangible.
Yeah, those schools have excellent reputations but are crazy expensive. I stayed local, but the school I went to still had a high price tag. I was fortunate to have a full scholarship to cover my costs. I have friends who are still paying off their student loans.
I went to Ringling...was 1 of 83 out of 450 people that got selected for the computer animation program. I hated it.

duckrodeo

my friend and I both got our packages today...my order was fine but surprise surprise she was missing 1 moxie. so she called CS and was told that someone will call her back in 2 days bc they have to find out if they have anymore in stock. so there is a chance she may not get it at all
THAT's messed up. Seriously. I wish they would at least put a number on the invoice that links to a worker that packaged the box (or boxes). Maybe it would then boil down to someone or a handful of people being responsible for the missing items!

Odelia

For such a small collection, it has been very draining. It's taken a lot of effort to actually buy things from it. Buying makeup shouldn't be work.
I'm sure they think twice about doing another segment collection...damn I hope so! I don't want to go through it again,,,
My cat gets sooo scared whenever the doorbell rings...So last week and this week has been hell for him with all the deliveries lol.
I'm sure if he could speak he would be be expressing his hatred for MAC and their staggered release dates lol.

ninalovesmakeup

My work is largely freelance stuff and personal projects. I haven't done anything for a major company or network, at least not yet. But my side job is actually taking up most of time, so I haven't animated anything in a long while unfortunately. But I do need to jump back into it. It's been way too long. I've also been having the urge to start drawing again.
Wish you luck in your animating. I'm sure it's not easy to get into. I wish I could draw, but sadly stick figures is about it.

duckrodeo

I haaad to do some swatch comparisons! Lol click the image to make it larger!
L to R: Show Orchid, Quick Sizzle, Candy Yum-Yum, Pink Pigeon / Party Parrot, Force of Love, Moxie, Impassioned, Fusion Pink

CYY is definitely lighter and brighter than the other three, while Moxie is deeper and bolder than her cousins. You can still kind of detect a pinky-red with Moxie, whereas the others are more coral-red.

I still like Pink Pigeon more!!! I haven't tried CYY on yet, but PP matches Embrace Me l/l and I can imagine that CYY might look a little similar to PP when using the lip liner (but still a little on the lighter and purple side).

Richelle83

Hmm Ruffian Gold over Rocker made it more metallic looking than sparkly, hubster said it was more sparkly not metallic lol. Agree to disagree!

ButterflyDior77

Yeah!!!! Moxie finally arrived... I really couldn't capture how it looks in real life in the tube... Which is more of a bright yet midtone slight blue almost pink-fuchsia color...
I think the outdoor pick got closer, but it isn't that neon. LOL

Anyhow I am very happy with it!

INDOOR Lighting:

Outdoor lighting:

Richelle83

L to R: Show Orchid, Quick Sizzle, Candy Yum-Yum, Pink Pigeon / Party Parrot, Force of Love, Moxie, Impassioned, Fusion Pink

CYY is definitely lighter and brighter than the other three, while Moxie is deeper and bolder than her cousins. You can still kind of detect a pinky-red with Moxie, whereas the others are more coral-red.

I still like Pink Pigeon more!!! I haven't tried CYY on yet, but PP matches Embrace Me l/l and I can imagine that CYY might look a little similar to PP when using the lip liner (but still a little on the lighter and purple side).
Moxie is the perfect watermelon color!

duckrodeo

Moxie is the perfect watermelon color!
I agree! I can't wait to try it on! I thought it would be similar to the others, but it definitely stands out! And not just because of its matte finish. I'm surprised at how orange Force of Love looks next to it!

matildawormwood

Oooh, this is super helpful. So excited I have Moxie coming from a Specktra member....