MAC By Request discussion

LadyMisfit

I'm feeling even more like poop that I missed out on getting Moxie
ssad.gif
If anyone have an extra that are willing to sell me PLEASE let me know.

StarrySim

i didn't notice that MB sold out. it's still up on the site. My packages are always waiting for me when I get home from work...but today. no package. Where is my Moxie? tracking says end of day....it's 6pm here. thats the end isn't it?
Yes, sold out on the Canadian site this afternoon.

MacAddictNurse

I haaad to do some swatch comparisons! Lol click the image to make it larger!
L to R: Show Orchid, Quick Sizzle, Candy Yum-Yum, Pink Pigeon / Party Parrot, Force of Love, Moxie, Impassioned, Fusion Pink

CYY is definitely lighter and brighter than the other three, while Moxie is deeper and bolder than her cousins. You can still kind of detect a pinky-red with Moxie, whereas the others are more coral-red.

I still like Pink Pigeon more!!! I haven't tried CYY on yet, but PP matches Embrace Me l/l and I can imagine that CYY might look a little similar to PP when using the lip liner (but still a little on the lighter and purple side).
ohhhhhhh this makes me fall in love even more with Quick Sizzle so upset that I didn't get my hands on it ugggh!!!

Elianessss

i forgot where i read it but i heard moxie is gonna be restocked again
i read it like after the first restock
they said they had ask someone from macs customer service
and they said moxie will but candy yum yum wont

MadTheologian

I still have some Velvet left. It was one of my favs! Loved that shade. The only thing that comes close is Cyber w/out sparkle. Velvet was a matte. One of last year's mattenes was close too. I forgot the shade name.
Was it Potent Fig, from the Posh Paradise collection? I did not snag PF due to uneven application. I ended up with Seeds of Desire.

andabri

i forgot where i read it but i heard moxie is gonna be restocked again
i read it like after the first restock
they said they had ask someone from macs customer service
and they said moxie will but candy yum yum wont
I think someone in this thread posted that they had talked to someone who told them they had completely sold out of CYY, but still had Moxies left over. But I don't remember them saying they were going to restock them.

Fiberluver

Oh OK. MAC 117 showed up in the description when I hovered over the pic and it was being used on the lips, so I thought that was it.
I LOVE cartoons! Grew up watching them and still do. I also make them for a living. I'm an animator. Plus my sense of fashion is very cartoony. I like bright, colorful things.
COOL!

Fiberluver

Was it Potent Fig, from the Posh Paradise collection? I did not snag PF due to uneven application. I ended up with Seeds of Desire.
YES! I didn't remember the name until this evening while kicking around Sephora w/my sister.

She was looking @ lippies, I tagged along.

It was sooo nice getting out of the house after being confined for two weeks with restrictions.

This is week #3 and I go can out and after tomorrow, I can drive again!

Woo-hoo!

califabulous

UPS showed up! I received moxie in a moxie box, no sweat or disruption whatsoever! so here are the pics. I usually don't do this on specktra, mainly because I have to have a mini photo shoot to get one self-approved photo lol...but it is so beautiful I have to share. It does seem different from impassioned-maybe more pink? still very bold, bright and the formula is amaze. This is very bright for me. how in the heck am I going to pull off CYY??!!

Copperhead

UPS showed up! I received moxie in a moxie box, no sweat or disruption whatsoever! so here are the pics. I usually don't do this on specktra, mainly because I have to have a mini photo shoot to get one self-approved photo lol...but it is so beautiful I have to share. It does seem different from impassioned-maybe more pink? still very bold, bright and the formula is amaze. This is very bright for me. how in the heck am I going to pull off CYY??!!

califabulous I love it on you!

Richelle83

It looks gawjus on you!!! Are you wearing anything on your cheeks?

aradhana

i received my rocker today! what a beatuiful lipstick! if i was more consistent with lipstick use, i'd probably back this one up! i tried cyy on again today...still not thinking i should wear this out anyplace....lol... i bought moth brown first thing this morning....didn't want to chance it selling out! and it looks like it is indeed sold out on the canadian site. it's pretty crazy how many lipsticks have been 'going missing'. i suppose if the orders are filled by machine it's possible for the machine's to screw up the weight of the box....but if they're done by people, a missing item out of 3 or 4 is not surprising, but it's kinda tough to confuse one lipstick with none! unless the staff is pulling all nighters to get the orders filled, just like us makeup-holics stalking the site!

aradhana

UPS showed up!  I received moxie in a moxie box, no sweat or disruption whatsoever!  so here are the pics.  I usually don't do this on specktra, mainly because I have to have a mini photo shoot to get one self-approved photo lol...but it is so beautiful I have to share.  It does seem different from impassioned-maybe more pink?  still very bold, bright and the formula is amaze.  This is very bright for me. how in the heck am I going to pull off CYY??!!
looks great!

Jenrbelt

UPS showed up!  I received moxie in a moxie box, no sweat or disruption whatsoever!  so here are the pics.  I usually don't do this on specktra, mainly because I have to have a mini photo shoot to get one self-approved photo lol...but it is so beautiful I have to share.  It does seem different from impassioned-maybe more pink?  still very bold, bright and the formula is amaze.  This is very bright for me. how in the heck am I going to pull off CYY??!!
Stunning! I felt the same way about Moxie being brighter that what I am used to, but change is good in my book!:eyelove:

Piarpreet

the devil on my left sholder wants me to tell you "if you cant pull it off or it's too bright for your taste, give it to me! I'll give you something for it!" but the angel says "come on she looks edgy with it"

Piarpreet

I need a CYY. I do hope they do a random restock and you guys think of me, cos it really is my go to/signature lipstick. Used 2 full bars since it came out with quite cute :(

D.O.O.M.E.D