MAC By Request discussion

Jenrbelt

With all the missing Moxies, I had to go double check my box to make sure I didn't get an extra! No luck... I hope the case of the missing Moxies gets solved soon! Anyone who is missing one should get an extra just for their inconvenience!

duckrodeo

I hope the case of the missing Moxies gets solved soon! Anyone who is missing one should get an extra just for their inconvience!
Or at least some other compensation other than a "one-time-convenience". When Urban Decay messed up a bunch of orders last year, they oversold their stock so a lot of people were still charged for items when they didn't receive them! The company refunded what wasn't received and gave out a one-time-use code for a future purchase I think it was for $20. It didn't replace the item(s) that weren't included in the order, but at least it was compensation for so many complaints!

BeLucky

I haaad to do some swatch comparisons! Lol click the image to make it larger!
L to R: Show Orchid, Quick Sizzle, Candy Yum-Yum, Pink Pigeon / Party Parrot, Force of Love, Moxie, Impassioned, Fusion Pink

CYY is definitely lighter and brighter than the other three, while Moxie is deeper and bolder than her cousins. You can still kind of detect a pinky-red with Moxie, whereas the others are more coral-red.

I still like Pink Pigeon more!!! I haven't tried CYY on yet, but PP matches Embrace Me l/l and I can imagine that CYY might look a little similar to PP when using the lip liner (but still a little on the lighter and purple side).
Sigh. Pink Pigeon...the one that got away!
clapping.gif
Thanks for the swatches!

Jenrbelt

Or at least some other compensation other than a "one-time-convenience". When Urban Decay messed up a bunch of orders last year, they oversold their stock so a lot of people were still charged for items when they didn't receive them! The company refunded what wasn't received and gave out a one-time-use code for a future purchase I think it was for $20. It didn't replace the item(s) that weren't included in the order, but at least it was compensation for so many complaints! 
THIS is how companies should do business and treat customers! While my addiction for MAC runs deep, I find myself becoming more and more disgruntled with the way they do business. Starting to get tired of chasing around products so I can give my money to MAC...but I am just tired in general today, so I am mostly just needlessly complaining. Even beyond this collection, sometimes I have to travel around to four different stores just to get what I want from LE collections!

califabulous

i didn't notice that MB sold out. it's still up on the site. My packages are always waiting for me when I get home from work...but today. no package. Where is my Moxie? tracking says end of day....it's 6pm here. thats the end isn't it?

Copperhead

i didn't notice that MB sold out. it's still up on the site. My packages are always waiting for me when I get home from work...but today. no package. Where is my Moxie? tracking says end of day....it's 6pm here. thats the end isn't it?
Where is it sold out? I think it's sold out on the Canada site. I still see it available on the US site.

Knope2012

Yea, I've heard about them being sticky. I ordered most of the nudes and pink lipglasses from when they launched them out with the bestselling lipsticks. I can't remember what the collection was called. sorry. Those were not nearly as sticky. Maybe im crazy. lol I LOVE the cremesheen glasses! Just hate the amount of product you get for the money.
You sold me! :) I'm gonna get rocker! I wish i had larger lips. I think sometimes with more bold or bright colors... they look amazing with luscious lips.
I wish I had larger lips too, but mine are okay and proportional to my face, so I'll keep them :) I think with pale skin, bright lips can really add a lot, and in my case, make lips look larger. I don't have a very defined upper lip, but bright lipstick really helps. Rocker is lovely, and can be sheered out quite easily. I'm lazy, so I rarely use a lip brush though.

BunnyHeffner

I am freaking out hearing about everyone's empty lipstick boxes! My order isn't due to come until tomorrow...there are going to be tears if I find empty CYY and Moxie boxes!

bulbasaur359

I think end of day implies 7pm for residential. I hope you get it soon.

Aquamarine1543

Luckily, my friend had two CYYs (but both aren't the new ones), so she gave it to me one of them.
rasta.gif

I wore it now and OMG, it's really gorgeous!!!

It looks pretty different from Dear Diary which turn out to be quiet reddish on my lips.
I was looking for a hot and neon pink which doesn't turn to be reddish and CYY is the right one.
The best neon and hot pink lipstick I've ever had!!!
I wish I can have another one.
crybaby.gif

bulbasaur359

I am so glad my Moxie showed up as it's the only one I ordered. I love my lippies but haven't tried them on yet. Bc of Duckrodeo I want Quick Sizzle and Pink Pigeon now. I am sad that I missed out on all of the pretty mattes that spring had to offer. I am glad to have the BR lippies tho.

Wmax

Sticky Fingers strikes again! It's crazy how many people did not get this lipstick. 
It's amazing to me how quick Mac is to cancel people for "spending too much", when it appears the evilbayers could be an "internal problem". Very interesting.

Richelle83

It's amazing to me how quick Mac is to cancel people for "spending too much", when it appears the evilbayers could be an "internal problem". Very interesting.
One of the ebayers I swear works for MAC. Every time a new collection was due to appear on PRO she would post pics of her haul on LJ, after some searching found her username on Ebay with the same pics she posted on LJ!

bulbasaur359

Interesting point. It's scary how with our technology and such that people can still scam the system. I am so sorry for anyone who got shorted their item(s). I hope MAC fixs the problem.

bulbasaur359

One of the ebayers I swear works for MAC. Every time a new collection was due to appear on PRO she would post pics of her haul on LJ, after some searching found her username on Ebay with the same pics she posted on LJ!
Whoa totally shady. I wonder if she's been fired yet.

Knope2012

I wouldn't be shocked at all. It could also be someone who freelances at a few different MAC stores and picks up a few of the hot items ahead of time. It seems more likely that it's someone who works higher up though.

Weirdly, my items didn't get here until nearly 6:00 today either. In all my years of shopping online, I have never had boxes come that late before!