MAC Casual Colour discussion

duckrodeo

I tried Out For Fun today on the cheeks and holy wow these pack a lot of pigment! I just scraped out a teensy seed-sized bit with my metal spatula (cuticle pusher) and dabbed it on a duo-fibre brush and seriously that little bit went a long, long way.

The thing I really like about these is that they are so pliable before it sets onto the skin. Stippling the product on my cheeks with the brush was like butter, and I even used a beauty powder to set it. I didn't notice any dew-glow, and I didn't feel any moisture on my skin.

I'm also surprised at the staying power! Usually my blush will fade within the 6th or 7th hour but I still had the color on my cheeks when I got home from work (nearing hour 10 at that point). I'm so impressed!

I can't wait to get Keep it Casual tomorrow! I wish more colors appealed to me, but given the shelf life of these and how little product is needed for each application, I feel the two that I purchased is wayyy more than enough. I wanted colors that would be practical for me to use for both cheeks and lips, rather than just buying one for cheeks or lips. Completely in love with these on my cheeks, though!

Soon, I will experiment with them on the lips and report back. I tried OOF on the lips when I first got it, but I used such a small amount it was more like a stain and my lips were pretty dry at the time so it wasn't a very firm impression of how it performs on my lips, lol.

aradhana

I tried Out For Fun today on the cheeks and holy wow these pack a lot of pigment! I just scraped out a teensy seed-sized bit with my metal spatula (cuticle pusher) and dabbed it on a duo-fibre brush and seriously that little bit went a long, long way.

The thing I really like about these is that they are so pliable before it sets onto the skin. Stippling the product on my cheeks with the brush was like butter, and I even used a beauty powder to set it. I didn't notice any dew-glow, and I didn't feel any moisture on my skin.

I'm also surprised at the staying power! Usually my blush will fade within the 6th or 7th hour but I still had the color on my cheeks when I got home from work (nearing hour 10 at that point). I'm so impressed!

I can't wait to get Keep it Casual tomorrow! I wish more colors appealed to me, but given the shelf life of these and how little product is needed for each application, I feel the two that I purchased is wayyy more than enough. I wanted colors that would be practical for me to use for both cheeks and lips, rather than just buying one for cheeks or lips. Completely in love with these on my cheeks, though!

Soon, I will experiment with them on the lips and report back. I tried OOF on the lips when I first got it, but I used such a small amount it was more like a stain and my lips were pretty dry at the time so it wasn't a very firm impression of how it performs on my lips, lol.
wow sounds like they really worked for you as blushes!! i didn't have that kind of staying power at all...i might try setting with a different powder of something....

it's pretty crazy how little i've had to use for each application. you really have to look hard to see that i've used mine, because there isn't even a dent!

i found on the lips i had better luck applying them over lip conditioner....

Miss Dynamite

I just blend these into my cheeks with my fingers, I don't really have many brushes and the only cheek brush I have is a little kabuki. I do like setting Out For Fun with Immortal Flower blush though. I think I'll probably try setting Evening Stroll with Azalea Blossom. They both look good alone though.

lilinah

I'll be out of town this weekend performing at an outdoor music festival in the mountains. Not quite sure what the weather will be - probably hot and sunny during the day and chilly at night. I'll test my new Casual Colour babies on my lips when i'm back. My lips aren't dry - i only use lip balm if i forget to use a lip sunscreen when camping for a weekend - so i'm hoping for good results.

As far as feel on the cheeks, i use moisturizer and sunscreen daily, and when i wear foundation it's moisturizing, so when i tested these cremes, the feel was not remarkably different than usual. I prefer these greatly to MAC's cremeblend blush. I think they cover more smoothly and evenly and they blend out with much less effort. And on me they stayed for 6 to 8 hours - i didn't test them longer, so i don't know if they'll last longer. I suspect it may also vary depending on whether wearing them light and sheer or more intensely colored, and also whether directly on skin, over primer, or over foundation.

Have fun playing with yours this weekend!

peachsuns

I just tried Weekend Getaway on my cheek and lips. I don't see any dewy-ness on my cheek. It looks very natural. Very easy to apply. Color-wise, it looks darker than I expected. I don't mind if it's a lighter and cleaner pink. (I'm NC15.) On my lips, it doesn't feel dry at all. (I only applied as lip stain.) It's strange that I might like it better if it looks lighter on my cheek, but darker on my lips as I have light skin and pigmented lips.
lol.gif

But overall, I think it's a good product (low maintenance and easy to use IMHO).

I'm kinda interested in Out for Fun now.
greengrin.gif

Baby1black

Yeah my Mac box arrived with 5 of the casual colors . But I have one more on its way.I only used these on the lips so far. My favs are weekend getaway,keep it loose. Have a lovely day would look great on fair or medium skin however on my nc42-44 it seems to be like a nude lip that would only work with a dark eye,however I think with a gloss it will be o.k. For some reason I feel out of fun has a different formula. It was so cream my that I had a hard time actually putting in on my lips with a brush. Out of fun would look amazing on fair skin.on darker skin it looks like a muted version of watch me simmer just a tad more orange. Keep it casual just like shontay said it gives u the look of bitten lips. I am waiting for evening stroll however these are the kissable lip color just in a pot. I really do like these as lippies as I do feel they are not drying. I just wish I could find a way to elongate their life shelf!

elegant-one

Quote: Originally Posted by liba
for me, they smoothed the hell out of my lips

Exactly how I feel about them!

I got my Keep It Casual & boy do I ever love love love the color on both my lips & cheeks. On me the color is like a raspberry fell into a cherry pie filling & stained my lips & cheeks this gorgeous flush
love.gif

I also just got Smashbox's cream cheek tri-color pot in Show Biz - GORGEOUS!!!!

elegant-one

I just tried Weekend Getaway on my cheek and lips. I don't see any dewy-ness on my cheek. It looks very natural. Very easy to apply. Color-wise, it looks darker than I expected. I don't mind if it's a lighter and cleaner pink. (I'm NC15.) On my lips, it doesn't feel dry at all. (I only applied as lip stain.) It's strange that I might like it better if it looks lighter on my cheek, but darker on my lips as I have light skin and pigmented lips.
lol.gif

But overall, I think it's a good product (low maintenance and easy to use IMHO).

greengrin.gif
Hi doll! I agree with ^all that
bouquet.gif

I think I need more colors.

PixieDancer

I used OFF today too! On my lips and cheeks. They are BOTH still hanging in there and it's been 7 hours...
I just dotted a few small dots on my cheeks and swirled & buffed it in with my 130. Just gorgeous. I used prep & prime lip on my lips, let it set, then used a faint layer of Lasting Sensation to line my lips and fill them in (not a liner look but more of a faint stain to give a base) then OFF sheered on top...
I'm so happy with WG and OFF... Great product!

bulbasaur359

I wish I had a good camera so I could help with swatches at least with the two I have. But, I don't think anyone wants to be subjected to my face lol. I have WG and OFF which are very pretty. I have yet to play with WG but can tell it's a really pretty color. I want more of these but saw pics of the Heavenly Creature stuff on that thread and want to save some money for it. I am hoping these will stick around awhile so I have a chance to get more.

Genn

lol.gif

greengrin.gif
Im NC15 and I love both those colors on me.

peachsuns

Exactly how I feel about them!

I got my Keep It Casual & boy do I ever love love love the color on both my lips & cheeks. On me the color is like a raspberry fell into a cherry pie filling & stained my lips & cheeks this gorgeous flush
love.gif

I also just got Smashbox's cream cheek tri-color pot in Show Biz - GORGEOUS!!!!
Elegant, you're bad, bad girl! You got me interested in Keep it Casual. LOL
Glad you love it!
greengrin.gif

I got Out for Fun today. I will try it tomorrow!
I will stay away from my counter for a while. I should! LOL

Baby1black

Guess what on my skin I swatched woo me kissable lip color vs have a lovely day they are almost identical. So if u love woo me u can sure get a whole pot of it for the price of one kissable lip color.what a bargain.

duckrodeo

I used OFF today too! On my lips and cheeks. They are BOTH still hanging in there and it's been 7 hours...
I just dotted a few small dots on my cheeks and swirled & buffed it in with my 130. Just gorgeous. I used prep & prime lip on my lips, let it set, then used a faint layer of Lasting Sensation to line my lips and fill them in (not a liner look but more of a faint stain to give a base) then OFF sheered on top...
I'm so happy with WG and OFF... Great product!
Ohh I will have to try Prep + Prime with these on my lips! and another great use for Lasting Sensation!

I got my Keep It Casual tonight and all I've done is opened it up and smelled it LOL...(it smells delicious, btw)

I'm tempted to add WG into my basket, but I have to refrain. I see Viva Glam Gaga 1 is in stock on the site and I'm itching for a BU of that....must resist WG joining Gaga.

elegant-one

Keep It Casual, Relaxation, Have A Lovely Day & Smashbox Show Biz ( swatch on my pinky) uggh, I forgot to put Weekend Getaway in the shot. So yes, I bought them one by one again
girlhaha.gif

And, when I went to Macys they were sold out of almost all of the colors & I bought the last Relaxation & HALD - so then I ordered OFF on my phone right in the store because I loved loved the color.

Deadly

Could someone PRO member please do a CP for me for a few of the pots in this collection and Beth Ditto?
wondering.gif
I'm in a serious trouble right now as my usual MAC distributor from USA hasn't answered my emails of ordering this stuff.
nope.gif
I really really would like to get the items I wanted to order.
crybaby.gif
Please PM me if you could help me.. I'll pay by PayPal and would pay a price that a normal customer pays for those items + shipping.