MAC Casual Colour discussion

Teggy

Bah! I had no time to see this collection at all last week because of E3. I hit up Nordstroms on Saturday to look, and apparently they didn't have it. I guess I'll try a Mac store tomorrow or something.

bulbasaur359

Ya, I've read about cream stuff lasting 6 months too. But, isn't a lipstick a cream in bullet form. I would think that with these having lippie ingredients and if used with a clean instrument to keep germs out of the pot that they should last longer than 6 months. Plus, I think 6 months is a recommendation not when it will indeed go off. I'm using mine so long as they look, smell, behave, and in the case of wearing on the lips, taste like they do now, I 'm using them. Now if they do go off then that's a different story. But, I hate waste lol.

bis

I think I applied too much (two layers) Out for Fun on my cheek yesterday. I didn't realize until I saw myself under natural light. My cheek looked super tomato orange. Warning, lovely Specktraettes, Out for Fun is very pigmented. LOL  So, today I only applied a very thin layer, it's like almost unnoticeable, and I liked it much better. :sweat: Does anyone know the shelf life of those cream products? Did anyone get a backup?
If you have one, can you check at the bottom of the packaging, outside or inside? There is a small pot symbol there that has an opening cap, it normally says the number of months the product is good after opening it, e.g. 6M, 6 months. Not sure if there is anything how long it stays good unopened.

honey on boost

I wish makeup had the shelf life of twinkies!
lol.gif
scary isn't it?

Audrey C

I was a bit sad to send these back, but I'm pumped about the few fall lippies and blush. I'm sure I'll have better luck with those. :)

Genn

Thank you, bis! I forgot about that.
I'm looking for a small pot symbol on the package. They don't seem to have it. I checked my Cleanse Off Oil, and I found the symbol easily on it, but not on the Casual Colour. Weird, isn't it? If someone found the symbol, please let us know! =)

How long do they last? I'm curious. LOL
I don't eat twinkies, but I was always told it was a long time when I was growing up. I just googled it and its a lot shorter than I thought.

peachsuns

I don't eat twinkies, but I was always told it was a long time when I was growing up. I just googled it and its a lot shorter than I thought.
Haha. Thank you, Genn. I've heard Oreos have a long shelf life. 6-9 months? Haha.

Mac-Guy

What would be the best way to store them if they have the 6 month expiration?
Cool and dry. I would store them in a designated fridge (separate from food items).

Only use a spatula to take out product. Then you should be good for 6 - 9 months.

Audrey C

Cool and dry. I would store them in a designated fridge (separate from food items).

Only use a spatula to take out product. Then you should be good for 6 - 9 months.
That's a lot of work for a product that may only last 6 months! I don't have a special fridge and I know myself - I'd end up just dabbing my finger in one day when I was in a hurry.

I did love the colour of KIC though - I hope we see a regular lippie like that.

maneater

That's a lot of work for a product that may only last 6 months! I don't have a special fridge and I know myself - I'd end up just dabbing my finger in one day when I was in a hurry. I did love the colour of KIC though - I hope we see a regular lippie like that.
I keep my lippies in a 2 gallon zip lock bag, double bagged, in the bottom drawer of my fridge currently because of the warm weather. I should probably invest in a mini fridge just for my lippies.

Mac-Guy

That's a lot of work for a product that may only last 6 months! I don't have a special fridge and I know myself - I'd end up just dabbing my finger in one day when I was in a hurry.

I did love the colour of KIC though - I hope we see a regular lippie like that.
You can get a mini fridge for less than 50 bucks. That's roughly the price of two Casual Color pots. I don't think it's too much hassle, it's just getting into the habit.

In any case, enjoy your products.

Audrey C

You can get a mini fridge for less than 50 bucks. That's roughly the price of two Casual Color pots. I don't think it's too much hassle, it's just getting into the habit.
It's not the cost of a mini-fridge; it's more a space issue. Makes sense for those with large collections of cream products, definitely.

elegant-one

In any case, enjoy your products.
I would need a full size fridge
greengrin.gif