MAC - Cham Pale Discussion

fferonica

Finally got my haul:
Caviar Dream quad
IGNK
Sin & Bubble Louge l/g
Dangerous Cuvee

And I love them all!!! Such a beautiful colours... very impressed with this collection!!

babygirl44

Got the Caviar Dreams quad and Chilled on Ice paint pot. I'm so loving the Caviar Dreams quad for that natural look. But the Chilled on Ice seems too glittery when applied.

Door

When do we ever leave from Mac empty handed?
lol.gif
I got Folie and lashes along with the liner, I figured the "haul" would be miserable otherwise.
greengrin.gif
Never?
th_WeAreDoomed.png

Teggy

Neeeeever mind.

I exchanged Dangerous Curvee. It's pretty and all, but I didn't love it enough to keep. So I decided to switch it for Chez Chez Lame. Tis very sparkly! And I've been wanting a silver-sheened highlighter. Is it overpriced? Eh...probably, but you get a lot of product and it is pretty.

evilpoptart

Ladies, I have a little prob. I bought a feline pencil and went to use it today. It is brand new out of the box, been in a temp controlled area in my room....the black tip is speckled with white stuff. It looks like when you see bacteria growing in a petri dish or yeast or something like that....pretty gross. I'm not sure what it is or if anyone else has had this happen? Do you think it's safe to use?

DILLIGAF

Ladies, I have a little prob. I bought a feline pencil and went to use it today. It is brand new out of the box, been in a temp controlled area in my room....the black tip is speckled with white stuff. It looks like when you see bacteria growing in a petri dish or yeast or something like that....pretty gross. I'm not sure what it is or if anyone else has had this happen? Do you think it's safe to use?

DONT USE IT!!! Specially if you arent sure what the white spots maybe. Take it back to MAC explain your concerns and see if they will allow an exchange.

spunky

i skipped this collection, but now that launch day is coming up, i've found myself totally lemming the quad! is it really worth getting?

kanne

i skipped this collection, but now that launch day is coming up, i've found myself totally lemming the quad! is it really worth getting?

Wow, you guys haven't got it yet? I don't think it's worth it. I haven't used it, but it has two perm colours, and a repromote and 3/4 colours are lustres, I believe. Definitely not worth the price if there's only one new colour and 3 that are hard to work with.

spunky

Wow, you guys haven't got it yet? I don't think it's worth it. I haven't used it, but it has two perm colours, and a repromote and 3/4 colours are lustres, I believe. Definitely not worth the price if there's only one new colour and 3 that are hard to work with.
we have, but i didn't get it and it'll be sent off to CCOs soon, my closest one is 160 miles away :(

i don't tend to have too many problems with lustres tbh, so i'm still undecided argfghfgh
th_wallbash.gif

kanne

If you don't have trouble with lustres, I'd probably get it then! Especially if you can get it at a discounted price. The only reason I didn't buy it is because they were lustres and $72 for an eyeshadow quad? I don't think so.

Mabelle

Used Chilled on Ice PP again today, and i lovvvveeee this with some black winged liner a a quick pink/plum/brown in the crease for my lazy days.
I even got a compliment for my friend who never notices makeup. So soft and pretty :)

I must say, so lame doesnt have enough sheen for me. A little TOO subtle! Im gonna try this wet tomorrow

martiangurll

I love my quad but don't listen to me cuz I am a quad hoor. I think the Bisque is fine, I can use that color almost every day--a great neutral for me. Retrospeck works fine for me on the brow and as a liner under the lower lashes. Et Tu Bouquet is hard to get to show up, but I bet with some Girl Friendly PP or a similar color it could be forced to show better. And Caviar Dreams is gorgeous. Seriously beautiful. Just sayin'

chickatthegym

I personally don't think the quad is worth it... and I love quads LOL!

It's allright... I used mine once or maybe twice and the pink (et tu Bouquet) doesn't show up well, even with a base like Fresco Rose pp. Sweet Lust is a much better alternative IMO. It gives a little pink sparkle when I put it overtop other pinks. caviar dreams is nice but nothing I have to have. And I already had Brule and Retrospeck which aren't must-haves either. For the money, you are getting 4 shadows which is a pretty good deal, but personally I wish I would have saved the money for a unique quad. The Chanel Perlees quint is AMAZING and it's only $65 for 5 colors and they are all great texture, good quality, very unique shades.

I am getting tired of MAC's collections lately- they are all the same colors over and over again, or similar enough to wear you don't need them, and the quality of the shadows has been BLAH! There are many other brands that offer better quality and nicer shades that I have been leaning towards. I've also been buying perm shadows because I feel you can get better quality and most of the LE colors have something similar in the perm line (not to mention the pro pans are a great value for $11 or whatever it is). I use to be a TOTAL MAC junkie but these collections have disapointed me lately.

martiangurll

I do have to agree with chickathtegym on this not being a have to have quad. that being said, I can't remember buying any quad cuz it was a have to have. it was an i want. and i wanted Caviar dreams. but i do wanna go on the record as saying both Brule and Retrospeck are workable. Et Tu Bouquet, not so much. but the brule was not so chalky i hated it. i was pretty disappointed in the Et Tu Bouquet, cuz it looks beautiful in the pan and it really rounded out the quad.

Latest posts