MAC - Cremeblend Blush Discussion

Susanne

We will get a new blush collection in spring 2011:

This time MAC will release a collection of Cremeblend blushes.

How do you like them? Or do you prefer powder blushes?

lilkay2nv

i loveee cream blushes way more than powder, they last longer and give a nice glow on my dry skin. im so excited for this collection

laylalovesmac

I bet these will be gorgeous! Personally, I'll be skipping. I don't use cream products often enough to justify them.

MACina

I am happy that MAC will release more Cremeblend Blushes because I really
love the ones I got from Lillyland Collection!

Soul Unique

I am very excited about this collection, I love cream blushes, however i'm yet to try one from MAC.

I have my fingers crossed for Optimistic Orange making a comeback, that shade reminds me so much of a shade I had in a cream face palette called 'Suede', from Iman about 10 years ago. It just gave me a really, beautiful, healthy glow!

shontay07108

I love powder blushes the most. However, if there are colors in this collection that I don't already own, I will snatch them up.

LMD84

i prefer powder blushes however i do love my florida cremeblush! it works even on my oily/combo skin. i shall perhaps pick one up if they have nice colours :)

Susanne

i prefer powder blushes however i do love my florida cremeblush! it works even on my oily/combo skin. i shall perhaps pick one up if they have nice colours :)

Really? I am still afraid these would "run away" on my skin.

LMD84

i thought that too but it odesn't at all. and it didnt break me out either which was something! i usually use a light dusting of translucent powder to set it though :)

ansimi

Don't be afraid to try cream blushes with oily skin!!! Some of them hold up really well and you can set them with a powder. MAC's Beauty Powders are great for this. Cream products are great for a natural finish or a little glow without accentuating pores and lines.

That being said. I didn't try cremeblends when they were out before so I'll be trying them this time.

GlamQueen21

Since I have not tried the Cremeblend blushes, I will be getting a few colors. I'm hoping that they will re-release the ones from Lillyland.

2browneyes

I rarely use my cremeblend blushes. I pulld out Optimistic Orange today though. Idk if I'll buy from this collection. Any suggestions on ways to reignite my flame for these? Gotta figure out how to use them more often.

liba

This formula is so much better than the regular cream blushes or the CCBs. It's very gentle on the skin, so it doesn't feel heavy, oily, sticky or aggravating. They actually make my very dry skin feel nice and soft. Color is very long lasting on me too. I'd say you'd want to use them with very clean, well moisturized skin and personally I never have used them over foundation (seems like that could make them "slip"), but they do look great with a little MSF natural applied all over the face on top. Certainly are trickier to apply than powder blush, but now that stronger cheeks are back in, you don't need to be as anal to get them applied and blended in just so. I like using a 190 or a 188 to apply, or just use my finger and rub in casually for a brighter, funkier look.

User38

I use them on clean skin with a light dusting of powder on top for daytime running around. I also use them over my foundation, and they don't slip at all .. for longer lasting wear, I will put a coordinating or totally opposite shade of powder blush on top to set the ccb... i.e. Tickle me Pink with Sweetness blush, or Tickle me Pink with Style blush, or Blushbaby. My skin is normal, and I live in a mostly hot climate -- and when I travel, CCb's are all I wear on my face cause airplanes will prune you up really quickly. I use them on my face as well as my lips either as a lippie or as a base for a ls or for altering/changing/ adding on to the tube colour.

You don't have rules with makeup and art -- just do what you feel like doing at that moment cause it will change the next day.
hatsoff.gif

LMD84

I use them on clean skin with a light dusting of powder on top for daytime running around. I also use them over my foundation, and they don't slip at all .. for longer lasting wear, I will put a coordinating or totally opposite shade of powder blush on top to set the ccb... i.e. Tickle me Pink with Sweetness blush, or Tickle me Pink with Style blush, or Blushbaby. My skin is normal, and I live in a mostly hot climate -- and when I travel, CCb's are all I wear on my face cause airplanes will prune you up really quickly. I use them on my face as well as my lips either as a lippie or as a base for a ls or for altering/changing/ adding on to the tube colour.

You don't have rules with makeup and art -- just do what you feel like doing at that moment cause it will change the next day.
hatsoff.gif
i concur! :)

fferonica

I have combination skin & had no problem using cremeblush so far.. I normally use 187 & dap the cremeblush lightly on my cheek then set it with powder blush & it lasted all day on my skin.. I love this combo since it makes my blush last a lot longer.. On my profile picture I was using Pot Rouge by bobbi brown in powder pink + Orgasm on top.. loveee this combo..
love.gif
.. So I'm hoping for some nice colours in this collection.

Chester

I think I need to try these at least. I LOVE my powder blushes but they fade away after a few hours. I'm worried I might smear them all over my face since I often let my hands glide over my cheeks from cheek bones to the jaw. (It's a common method to loosen the jaw muscles. I'm a voice teacher.). What do you think? Shall I try or not? How well do ccbs / cremeblends hold up?

lilkay2nv

I think I need to try these at least. I LOVE my powder blushes but they fade away after a few hours. I'm worried I might smear them all over my face since I often let my hands glide over my cheeks from cheek bones to the jaw. (It's a common method to loosen the jaw muscles. I'm a voice teacher.). What do you think? Shall I try or not? How well do ccbs / cremeblends hold up?

wat kind of skin do you have? if its dry you wont have to worry about them sliding but i have heard complaints from those with oily skin saying they slide