MAC Daphne Guinness Discussion

Mac-Guy

OMG you guys remember I sadi i was so happy i was waiting for a swap for Ripe Peach? I've been swap lifted! :O

She/he deleted her/his account :O Damn :( it's the third time this year.... has it happened that often to you gals that swap often? 3 out of 30 swaps :(

Now I'm angry they are not repromoting it!!!!!!!

This is really annoying. I hope, you didn't pay too much. :-(

Piarpreet

its less than retail for a big powder... normally they r 28 and on ebay these guys are 100 hahaha so... ya... it was reasonable... too good to be true...too good to be an actual swap!

romi79_2008

I gifted 72$ in July and haven`t recieved anything and for the other transaction, same day I`ve been told they been shipped on July 20 something ( paid on 7). When asked about shipping number in september I got a very bad attitude but got it eventually. She shipped the products in august 26-paid july 7, got my prod mid september. These are my only 2 bad experiences but I`m done with gifting, it`s not worth it. Oh and they both have stellar feedback

Piarpreet

oh damn at least u got em :O the fun of swapping is worth it though....
I gifted 72$ in July and haven`t recieved anything and for the other transaction, same day I`ve been told they been shipped on July 20 something ( paid on 7). When asked about shipping number in september I got a very bad attitude but got it eventually. She shipped the products in august 26-paid july 7, got my prod mid september. These are my only 2 bad experiences but I`m done with gifting, it`s not worth it. Oh and they both have stellar feedback

laylalovesmac

I'm so sorry, Piarpreet.
th_cheerup.gif
Being swaplifted is the worst. My first swap I got swaplifted. I don't even use MUA anymore.... Not worth it to me, unfortunately. Mean people suck. :(

LMD84

her user name on MUA was MakeupPro80 (she said her name was lindsay on her note pad) but then the email i had to send the payment to was jeremy and then her account name was christina hahahah I just noticed it after the payment lol. I did report it to paypal. Hopefully I will get a refund but who knows....

I am very exited about this collection. It's really unfortunate that I'll be out of the country when this comes out. I doubts they will have special packaging after G&I and GP but it would be so awesome a purple packaging would be sooooo extreme! AND never seen before!
wow that sucks :( i;m so sorry that happened to you

wishonastar

Piarpreet, that sucks. I hope Paypal can help you. This is why I only gift to people I trust. I would rather pay fees than pay the price of being swaplifted with no chance of Paypal sorting it out.

Mac-Guy

Are swaps on MUA paypal-protected? I didn't know that. I thought it's only on ebay.

In any case, I hope you get your money back.

wishonastar

Are swaps on MUA paypal-protected? I didn't know that. I thought it's only on ebay.

I don't know but I remember on another forum a few people were swaplifted by the same person and the ones who had not used personal/gift payments got their money back after they all reported them.

OctoberViolet

Would anyone know when we will start seeing the items in this collection? I'm getting impatient.
Piarpreet, I am so sorry to hear about your ordeal. I hope that paypal can help you.

Piarpreet

Actually my first swap/sale was with you lol. Not sure if you remember. I do trust specktrettes more than MUAers. I feel on MUA there is a lot of drama... But I just love swapping! :) it's so much fun. It's a pity you got a bad experience right from the beginning! :O
Would anyone know when we will start seeing the items in this collection? I'm getting impatient.
Piarpreet, I am so sorry to hear about your ordeal. I hope that paypal can help you.
Thanx all for commenting. I now its happened to more people than me, but I felt like 3 times our of 30 within 6 months it's kinda shitty.... :p

ANYWAYS back to guinness. I like the beer idea but I want the purple packaging badly! It's never been done before!!!!!!

martiangurll

I wonder when we'll see promo pictures for this.

I like the promo pictures as much if not more than the color story, I guess the visual really gives the gestalt of the collection (and are swatches of a sort, although only of a few products...)
I bet they are keeping a tight lid until close to go time because of the Curse of the Couture collection and all that

m0rg3nst3rn

MUA swaps aren't protected under paypal because paypal isn't involved unless you are making other arrangements for items and selling them on the side, but that's against the rules and you aren't supposed to be doing that...

Latest posts