MAC Daphne Guinness Discussion

Piarpreet

So if the person sends an invoice requesting the money, then its fine?
MUA swaps aren't protected under paypal because paypal isn't involved unless you are making other arrangements for items and selling them on the side, but that's against the rules and you aren't supposed to be doing that...

m0rg3nst3rn

Paypal normally only protects you if you are invoiced or some other payment request is sent. If you gift payment, it is just that a gift, that is why people can screw people over so easily if payment is gifted. There is no protection for a buyer or seller if payments are gifted so everyone should be really wary of doing that. Gifting has no evidence of a transaction, it is not for transactions and people normally ask for or want gifted payments to avoid fees or they are being shady. Being invoiced actually protects you.

On MUA though, you are only really supposed to be swapping, you are not supposed to take any type of payment or ask if you can buy the item off of someone but if you do,they can and will ban you for it if they find out about it. I think that they give a warning first. A lot of people do sell or "make other arrangements" but that is against the MUA rules as they are swap only.

Piarpreet

oh damn i didnt know. Cos i saw lots of people saying I do PP and OA and this girl told me i dont like anything on your list but i'd take paypal.
Paypal normally only protects you if you are invoiced or some other payment request is sent. If you gift payment, it is just that a gift, that is why people can screw people over so easily if payment is gifted. There is no protection for a buyer or seller if payments are gifted so everyone should be really wary of doing that. Gifting has no evidence of a transaction, it is not for transactions and people normally ask for or want gifted payments to avoid fees or they are being shady. Being invoiced actually protects you.

On MUA though, you are only really supposed to be swapping, you are not supposed to take any type of payment or ask if you can buy the item off of someone but if you do,they can and will ban you for it if they find out about it. I think that they give a warning first. A lot of people do sell or "make other arrangements" but that is against the MUA rules as they are swap only.

m0rg3nst3rn

I found out that a lot of people do that and many people don't know that you aren't supposed to. I almost did it once myself, but it's in there in the rules if you look at them. I also talked to a few people that have received warnings about it and they said that in the warning it states if you are caught doing it a second time you are banned. Also there are people that will rat you out if you do it, which sucks.

singer82

Piarpreet I'm so sorry bout your swapping issues. $25 is a lot to have wasted for nothing

RayannaBanana is that a new icon pic? You look beautiful, I love your porcelain skin

Eleentje

Getting swaplifted on MUA is my biggest fear :/ So far, so good, but I prefer just to buy stuff from specktrettes in the Clearance Bin. It just feels safer, and all girls I've dealt with were lovely.

LMD84

Getting swaplifted on MUA is my biggest fear :/ So far, so good, but I prefer just to buy stuff from specktrettes in the Clearance Bin. It just feels safer, and all girls I've dealt with were lovely.
yeah this is generally what i do :)

Pinkdollface

I only buy from specktrettes and sometimes ebay. Because of the paypal protection i'm not afraid to buy on ebay, but i definitely trust specktra more. I only have great experiences on here!

GlamQueen21

I trust Specktra a lot more than Ebay because the stuff that I bought from the Clearance Bin and CP'd with are amazing people and you know who you are! :)

martiangurll

I trust Specktra a lot more than Ebay because the stuff that I bought from the Clearance Bin and CP'd with are amazing people and you know who you are! :)

iagree.gif
with both of you!

Now, when are we supposed to find out anything else about this collection? I'd settle for some bootleg photos or better yet, how about a color story??? Are they being extra secretive here after the Rodarte fiasco or what?

RayannaBanana

I wonder how Warp Speed compares to Eloquent Air.
I was thinking of getting Eloquent Air but maybe I'll just wait for Warp Speed instead.

martiangurll

My guess is that it would be fuller coverage, probably more akin to Metal Maven.

I bet you're right and I love the name Warp Speed, but I just don't see myself rocking the super shiney plastic looking silver lips. Unless, I get invited to a retro 70s disco party and all. I am not putting down the look, I think it is awesome, but I just cannot see myself wearing it outside the house. Maybe I have an underdeveloped sense of adventure. It does however has layering possibilities. And, it could be used as a creme highlighter as well for stage make up or edgy artsy fartsy looks. I guess I need to be more in touch with my inner Data (android from Star Trek TNG for all you nongeeks out there) to love the look of silver on my lips.

liba

I bet you're right and I love the name Warp Speed, but I just don't see myself rocking the super shiney plastic looking silver lips. Unless, I get invited to a retro 70s disco party and all. I am not putting down the look, I think it is awesome, but I just cannot see myself wearing it outside the house. Maybe I have an underdeveloped sense of adventure. It does however has layering possibilities. And, it could be used as a creme highlighter as well for stage make up or edgy artsy fartsy looks. I guess I need to be more in touch with my inner Data (android from Star Trek TNG for all you nongeeks out there) to love the look of silver on my lips.
I bet it'll look GREAT underneath one of the cremesheen glasses. Those glosses layer over frosty lipsticks really beautifully, for a full-lipped, dimensional effect.