MAC Daphne Guinness Discussion

UrbanSweetheart

If I had to decide between Aurora and the N MES, there is no doubt that that I would Aurora. While it seems more difficult to apply due to the powder consistency, it is so much creamier and hassle-free than the MES. But yes, some of the N MES come close, though that probably won't stop me buying from both collections, lol. If I have time, I will try to do a review on the MES tomorrow.
I can't wait!!
pompom.gif

Piarpreet

i like aurora but i said to myself i wont buy pigments cos of how much space they take. guys... do you know a close dupe? Mac guy... any thoughts on a similar perm?

Mac-Guy

i like aurora but i said to myself i wont buy pigments cos of how much space they take. guys... do you know a close dupe? Mac guy... any thoughts on a similar perm?

I can't think of any close dupes. What's difficult to dupe is the pink undertone and the texture. However, you could always mix something to achieve a taupe with pink hues.

princess sarah

Im just going to stick to Azalea Blossom Ombre in this collection I think... nothing else has grabbed me so my wallet is happy with this.. for this collection anyway

rockin

http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2011/12/mac-daphne-guinness-collection-winter-2011-swatches-photos-review/

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the link. Wow, the review on Hyperion is disappointing. But Endless Night looks pretty.

Does anyone know a dupe for Hyperion?

Mac-Guy

Ascension from GP is the prettier version of Endless Night from DG, as it features a stronger duochrome effect that EN is missing.

honybr

Is it just me, or does Narcissus look like a more pigmented version of Revenge is Sweet. There is something so familiar about Narcissus, but in a good way!
Well that would explain why I love it so much. I think I'll take your advice and get Desire and leave RR alone. You know how I like brightness.

I wish the collection would just launch already.

bis

Your words speak the truth. When Playtime came out, you don't know the trouble I went through getting a back-up.  I decided then that no more back-ups for me, it was just too stressful over having gorgeous purple lips. 
How are you doing? Missed you on here, hope you're ok. Thanks for all the swatch links, not sure what I will get :dunno: I wonder how sheer Narcissus will be, the colour is lovely though.