MAC Daphne Guinness Discussion

MACcrazy

Ian is so cute!!!! and what makes me love him more is that he's my birthday buddy now!
flower.gif
happy your back on Specktra!
Elegant, yes I did. Born on November 3, a cutey patooty baby boy, Ian.

I missed u guys and missed buying from the collections but they weren't interesting me but now I am back on the MAC-train. Prolongwear e/s and lip are my first back on it purchases.

PixieDancer

Just placed my order! And I was good and stuck to my list! I even removed VG Ombre at the last minute because I'm still on the fence about it with my coloring.
Ended up not as excited about this collection as I was originally. Probably since I am SOOOO siked about Naturally and some of the other upcoming 2012 collections.
Also completely skipped Metal X for now...

Aurora Pigment
Circa Plum Pigment
Narcissus Cremesheen
Red Dwarf
Azalea Blossom Blush Ombre

2 things NOT from DG in my haul:
Comfort & Joy Lipglass from Tour De Fabulous
234 Split Fibre Brush

Did anyone else grab anything from TDF?

singer82

That's my exact list! But I'm switching between Red Dwarf and Seasoned Plum. RD is more red on VV's lips, but the swatches of shades of you and T its pinker. And with SP I dunno if I can pull off such a purple lippy. So I'm pretty stuck between those two.

Just placed my order! And I was good and stuck to my list! I even removed VG Ombre at the last minute because I'm still on the fence about it with my coloring.
Ended up not as excited about this collection as I was originally. Probably since I am SOOOO siked about Naturally and some of the other upcoming 2012 collections.
Also completely skipped Metal X for now...

Aurora Pigment
Circa Plum Pigment
Narcissus Cremesheen
Red Dwarf
Azalea Blossom Blush Ombre

2 things NOT from DG in my haul:
Comfort & Joy Lipglass from Tour De Fabulous
234 Split Fibre Brush

Did anyone else grab anything from TDF?

goldilocks88

I went to my local pro store today and picked up a few things from DG. They also had Metal X out which I skipped but I didn't see Tour de Fabulous, although I heard them talking about whether or not it was meant to go out. After looking at it online I'm kinda bummed that it wasn't there although I already bought more than I should have.

From DG I got:
Azalea Blossom x 3 (I'm not that crazy! 1 is a backup for me as my original from SCF is getting low, and then other 2 were gifts)
Aurora pigment
Circa Plum pigment

Non-DG:
#43 Lashes
Bio Green e/s

As far as the collection goes, I obviously looove AB, and the pigments were all gorgeous and applied beautifully; Nebula just wasn't something I felt like I really wanted. The cremesheens were very pretty, and I was really tempted by Borealis (I love grey/blue lipglosses). The nail polishes were all really pretty too but I wouldn't let myself buy any since I have hideous nails. The p/l lip cremes were also lovely (apart from Warp Speed...) but all seemed like things I own/wouldn't wear regularly. The big disappointment was the quad. I know Christine from Temptalia got some flack on here for her 'F' grade, but seriously, the quad is awful. 2 out of the 4 colours had basically no colour pay off at all, Interior Life was nice but reminded me of something else (I want to say Scene...?) and I didn't think Heather Belles was anything special plus its payoff wasn't great. I truly went in with an open mind, and was hoping it was going to be better than described on Temptalia but Bruised Sky and Stratus just ruin the quad; I have no idea how those got through quality control.

Anyway, just a few thoughts about the collection. I definitely think the pigments are my favourite purchase today, they are seriously gorgeous!
Looking forward to hearing what others thought of DG.

singer82

I'm probably going to wait till this comes out at Macys. Is there something that I should order right away on the MAC site before it sells out? Probably the blush huh?

PixieDancer

I went back and forth a little too. I just decided to go with RD since that was my initial pick. As soon as I see more swatches, I'll probably end up with SP too... You know how THAT goes! LOL

PixieDancer

If you REALLY want AB and Narcissus you better get them as soon as they pop up! They are the expected "sell outs" from what I'm hearing. Just TELLING you that makes me want to BU N already! HeeHee
I'm probably going to wait till this comes out at Macys. Is there something that I should order right away on the MAC site before it sells out? Probably the blush huh?

bis

Elegant, yes I did. Born on November 3, a cutey patooty baby boy, Ian.  I missed u guys and missed buying from the collections but they weren't interesting me but now I am back on the MAC-train. Prolongwear e/s and lip are my first back on it purchases. 
Congratulations, he is soo cute! :) We missed you too!
I had already bought Red Dwarf, just knew I had to have it based on it being pink in Tempt lip swatch but now the swatches are throwing me off. 
I will get Red Dwarf, so far I liked all the swatches I have seen so far, even if they look all very different and I should loose my PLW virginity.

hoshiakari_

http://www.theshadesofu.com/2011/12/daphne-guinness-for-mac-swatches-and.html

I'm LOVING Aurora pigment! Definitely picking that baby up.
I'm also loving Red Dwarf but will definitely be taking my DF with me that day to compare.
I'm now on the fence about VG...

baghdad81

I've decided I am skipping this collection. I was excited about the PLW lipsticks but after T's swatches, I think they are similar to things I already have. I just may swatch them to confirm. The blushes look great but I've got a million and one and I don't need anymore. Iris, here I come!