MAC Daphne Guinness Discussion

Jamiemikal13

I got my Narcissus in the mail today and OMG IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!! I usually end up being disappointed by glosses when I order them online after only seeing swatches on blogs... but this one is AMAZING!! Anyone that is still on the fence, jump on it before it goes!! I never BU and I just placed my BU order for it!

bis

Most likely after Christmas sometime next week I'll get them. I prob would have got everything tomorrow if the offer code would have applied for express shipping like it was suppose to. I hope I get a tracking number today though that makes me feel better knowing I can track it.
I know what you mean, somehow a tracking number makes things more real ;)

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
My blush ombres are here!
pompom.gif
I placed a separate order for Narcissus, and it should be on its way. Gonna wait to get the piggies next week.

cno64

I've been "stalking" the MAC site almost daily this week, each time doing a search for the Daphne Guiness items I want.
Nothing would come up, but this afternoon, PAYDIRT!
I ordered Aurora and Nebula pigments, and Approaching Storm Lipcreme.
I used the SAT code, and I know I won't get my stuff until at least middle of next week, but at least I got my order in, and shipping didn't cost me anything.

cno64

I wonder how long the Daphne Guiness items have been on the site.
Rather pathetically, I've checked the site almost daily for the items I want, and nothing came up until this afternoon.
I even did a chat just yesterday, and was told, "We have no idea ... sign up for e-mail ...in stores on Monday ... sign up for e-mail ..."
Of course, not only have I been signed up for MAC e-mails for literally years, I'm receiving their messages in duplicate!
At any rate, my order's in, I received an order confirmation, I'm getting free shipping, and next week's soon enough.

martiangurll

I think I am going to regret not getting Narcissus. It seems to be the item getting the most BU's. Anyone think RD is similar to other Prolongwear lip colors. I think I have seen this color before...maybe Prolong?

honybr

I got my Narcissus! It's a great color. Originally I thought it might look like Revenge is Sweet from VV but it's actually very close to Flaunting It KLC (on me any way). It's just a more glossy version of it, which I like. Alone it's great, but on top of Flaunting It - it's like a power couple. Of course it's a bit more spring than winter, but it's a nice mauve purple regardless. I would suggest if you really liked Flaunting It, take a good look at Narcissus.

Richelle83

I will agree with whomever said Azalea Blossom looks like Sakura...they are definitely close. Also had to scrape off a little to get it working, but once that top layer came off BAM! lol massive amounts of product showed up on my brush. Narcissus is sooo pretty, glad I got a bu. I think on Monday I'll go swatch everything in the store and see what else I might want to buy.

Mac-Guy

I will agree with whomever said Azalea Blossom looks like Sakura...they are definitely close. Also had to scrape off a little to get it working, but once that top layer came off BAM! lol massive amounts of product showed up on my brush. Narcissus is sooo pretty, glad I got a bu. I think on Monday I'll go swatch everything in the store and see what else I might want to buy.
I agree color-wise, though the finish is quite different. Hence, a purchase of both is justified.

baghdad81

Quote: I think I am going to regret not getting Narcissus. It seems to be the item getting the most BU's. Anyone think RD is similar to other Prolongwear lip colors. I think I have seen this color before...maybe Prolong?

T said it might be similar to positively dashing which came out with styledriven in sept.

Diva4eva122

so I called my MAC counter to ask or them to hold Vintage grape for me and aparently they are very much stocked this time around so they lady said there shouldn't be a need for me to save one. That information interests me.

ladyarwen

I got my pigments today along with my TdF glosses. To my chagrin, when I went to pull out my Circa Plum pigment, the top came right off with the jar still in the box. It's a good thing the plastic cover was on the jar, or who knows what could've happened. Am I the ONLY one not bothered that the new styled jars don't have the screw-on lids?? There is just NO WAY to securely put those lids on. I'm going to send MAC an email about this.

PixieDancer

I've worn Narcissus 3 days in a row! I LOVE it! It's as beautiful on as it is in the tube! Am I crazy for wanting another? I already ordered 1 BU! I just KNOW this will be one I'll want to grab for in the Spring, and the rate I'm going... I'll be out!! I think I just talked myself into another BU! I need to stop coming on here for a few days after new collections come out!

PixieDancer

Oh NO!! I need to go double check mine! I looked at CP but didn't pop open my Aurora piggie yet! I HATE the new jars too... I don't think I've heard anyone say anything good about them now that I think about it! Let us know if MAC responds, what they have to say. I'm very curious. They have to receive TONS of complaints.

I got my pigments today along with my TdF glosses. To my chagrin, when I went to pull out my Circa Plum pigment, the top came right off with the jar still in the box. It's a good thing the plastic cover was on the jar, or who knows what could've happened. Am I the ONLY one not bothered that the new styled jars don't have the screw-on lids?? There is just NO WAY to securely put those lids on. I'm going to send MAC an email about this.

duckrodeo

I've worn Narcissus 3 days in a row! I LOVE it! It's as beautiful on as it is in the tube! Am I crazy for wanting another? I already ordered 1 BU! I just KNOW this will be one I'll want to grab for in the Spring, and the rate I'm going... I'll be out!! I think I just talked myself into another BU! I need to stop coming on here for a few days after new collections come out!

iagree.gif
I know what you mean! I just got my 2 Narcissus' tonight, and seriously, I want to order at least one extra. I know I'm going to use it sooooo much in the spring-time! It's a gorgeous shade and I don't have anything quite like it in my make-up collection!

PixieDancer

I don't either! So are we going back for a 3rd!? Decisions decisions... That's what is so frustrating about LE Collections! If you find a product you really like, you have to gamble on the BU's!

iagree.gif
I know what you mean! I just got my 2 Narcissus' tonight, and seriously, I want to order at least one extra. I know I'm going to use it sooooo much in the spring-time! It's a gorgeous shade and I don't have anything quite like it in my make-up collection!

Jamiemikal13

LOL I thought the same thing... I already have one Narcissus BU but am considering getting another because I love it so much !