MAC Daphne Guinness Discussion

duckrodeo

Dahhh. It's so tempting! LOL. It's sitting there in my shopping basket while I try to decide between TdF l/g. Usually if there's a vaguely similar color in the permanent line, I'll skip a back-up. In this case, hoarding tendencies are rising!

Thia Winter

I will be going on Monday to my MAC counter as soon as they open to get a few of the piggies. Unfortunately that's probably all I'll get, since I'm low on funds until the Naturally collection comes out. :(

princess sarah

Australia Mac doesnt even have GP yet and is closed down for warehouse over xmas... who knows when we will ever get this collection!!

anyways, stuck to my guns and just ordered azalea blossom from this collection

Haven

I ordered Narcissus 2x and aurora pigment. These were my only must haves from this collection. I like the quad and the blushes, but they are not suited for me. The quad would give me that socked in the eye look, and the blushes would do nothing for me. I am definately more of a warm collection person.

Had to try Narcissus. Hopefully it won't look bad on me.

cno64

I know what you mean, somehow a tracking number makes things more real
winks.gif

^ That is *very* true.
Once you get a tracking number, you know that your items are on their way to you, and that you're not going to get one of those wretched backorder e-mails, or, worse yet, a "We're sorry, but we were unable to ..."
Since I didn't place my order until yesterday afternoon, I know very well that absolutely nothing will happen until at least Monday, and most likely later.
But I know my order's been placed, and that's reassuring, especially since, at the rate things are going, this collection may sell out before it technically comes out.
I'm reeeeeally eager to see Aurora, especially. It looks so pretty in the swatches; I'm hoping for a sort of pigment version of Style Snob.
Nebula looks like it may be similar in color to Keep Your Cool Pro Longwear, but that's okay, since I wear grey-browns a LOT, and there's never been a pigment this color before.
The closest thing, I guess, was Sweet Sienna, which was a disappointing greeny brown muddy mess on me. I ended up giving mine away.

Richelle83

Sidenote

T's BF just posted asking her to marry him....awww it's so cute!

Xsparkage has a post using Vintage Grape, it looks very pretty on her.

PixieDancer

Placed my Iris order & HAD to BU Narcisscus... again! That makes 3 for me! Now I'm done with that! It's just too darn pretty and special!
God Lordie! I've caught "Mac-Guy BU Syndrome!" There is NO help for me now! HeeHee

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays Specktras!!
th_thb5ed765e.gif

PixieDancer

I just saw that too! How adorable... and fitting for him to do it on her site!!
Checking out Leesha's VG right now... Thanks for the info. I just think she is the cutest thing!

Sidenote

T's BF just posted asking her to marry him....awww it's so cute!

Xsparkage has a post using Vintage Grape, it looks very pretty on her.

duckrodeo

Placed my Iris order & HAD to BU Narcisscus... again! That makes 3 for me! Now I'm done with that! It's just too darn pretty and special!
God Lordie! I've caught "Mac-Guy BU Syndrome!" There is NO help for me now! HeeHee

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays Specktras!!
th_thb5ed765e.gif
Hahaha I gave in, too! We've been hit with backup-itis! I got another Narcissus, and backups of Comfort & Joy, Rich & Witty and Real Posh! I'm in trouble once Iris comes out! But at this point I'm only eyeing two of the lippies.

My overnighted package came today which included Hyperion nail polish. I'm in love! I'm not big on nail polish in general (this is my first MAC purchase, and I have maybe 3 other bottles from other brands), but the shade is just so unique! I tested the polish out on my thumbnail and in two coats, it was completely opaque. It was a little streaky for the first coat, but the second coat evened everything out and there are no bumps or blemishes!

pocketmouse

Although I thought it was lovely, I wasn't even going to get Narcissus and now I'm thinking about getting back-ups
ohboy.gif
It really will be a great color for spring though, looks like I might not be picking up Circa Plum after all (maybe I can budget it in, we'll see ;)

singer82

Darn! I missed my package for this coll this morning
blah.gif
I scheduled to pick it up but there was a huge delay. So now I have to wait till Tuesday to get my goodies
crybaby.gif

I ordered:
Narcissus l/g
Seasoned Plum lipcreme
Circa Plum p/g
Aurora p/g
Hyperion n/l
Azalea Blossom Blush
and Comfort and Joy l/g from Tour fe Fabulous

duckrodeo

Hmm, when I head to a MAC store monday, I may check out Borealis. I was looking up some youtube videos and one reviewer said it almost seemed like it had a bit of green in it. Seems interesting, and maybe it's a shade that's more easily described in person than it is through the interwebs lol. I might also snag some pigments..Aurora and Circa Plum keep haunting me.

For those interested, Daphne is now on the Nordstrom website! http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/mac/womens-makeup/daphne-guinness

Nimrod

I just ordered Aurora and Nebula p/g's from the MAC website. The collection items are there but you have to search for them.
nanaparty.gif

LMD84

i do hope that this collection is released soon in the uk! i want new piggies to play with!

i hope everybody is having a very merry christmas too!