MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
you can probably still get backups if you want. they still had all the colors when i went to the counter on thursday

yes, i can see what they have at my local on thursday and report back if u want lou?

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver
GlamQueen21,

I don't want to tell you this but you are going to absolutely fall in love with Gimme That! I know I did!

It is my favorite gloss, evah!!!, and me and l/g go way back!!!

I am going to back this one up for sure!!

Now you want to make me break down and order Gimme That! DTW l/g! lol I'm still thinking about it though.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
you can probably still get backups if you want. they still had all the colors when i went to the counter on thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
yes, i can see what they have at my local on thursday and report back if u want lou?

it's ok. i keep cheacking the clearence bin to find some new ones or ones that have just been swatched
smiles.gif
keeping it cheaper that way!

nunu

Lou when i went to my counter there were a few testers out, let me know if you want a CP and i'll be happy to do one
smiles.gif

I haven't bought anything from this collection and i was debating whether i should buy a DTW lipgloss, what do you think? Yay or nay?

PinkBasset

I believe keijukainen is still looking for Gimme That!, so if someone has an opportunity to get GT! I would imagine she would want one?
yes.gif

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
Now you want to make me break down and order Gimme That! DTW l/g! lol I'm still thinking about it though.

Gimme That! is the best one in the whole bunch, if you ask me - and this is from the gal who thinks Brash & Bold is the ultimate futuristic robot lady red!

If you can wear bright blue fuchsia, GT! is the densest, most opaque, longest lasting and also most iridescent blue fuchsia anything you can get.

(I'm perfectly happy to be the anti-enabler when I think it's right, but in this case, I'm 100% pro-enabler for sure)

Hilde

I think the aqua e/s was really pretty, and i don't have a turquoise one. but I've been thinking about aquadisiac. I'm on the fence.

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
Gimme That! is the best one in the whole bunch, if you ask me - and this is from the gal who thinks Brash & Bold is the ultimate futuristic robot lady red!

If you can wear bright blue fuchsia, GT! is the densest, most opaque, longest lasting and also most iridescent blue fuchsia anything you can get.

(I'm perfectly happy to be the anti-enabler when I think it's right, but in this case, I'm 100% pro-enabler for sure)

OK, I'll take your word and will order GT on Thursday.

keijukainen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I believe keijukainen is still looking for Gimme That!, so if someone has an opportunity to get GT! I would imagine she would want one?
yes.gif

Yes I am, thanks love!
A friend in US is checking her counter but she wasn't too hopeful cos she believed they already sent the items back
ssad.gif

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
Lou when i went to my counter there were a few testers out, let me know if you want a CP and i'll be happy to do one
smiles.gif

I haven't bought anything from this collection and i was debating whether i should buy a DTW lipgloss, what do you think? Yay or nay?

hell yeah nunu!

Teggy

I could use some help. I tend to have problems applying matte MAC eyeshadows without them looking a bit blotchy. Today I'm wearing Sassy Grass over Painterly PP. Was this a mistake? Should I just wear it over a naked lid? Should I be applying it wet?

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teggy
I could use some help. I tend to have problems applying matte MAC eyeshadows without them looking a bit blotchy. Today I'm wearing Sassy Grass over Painterly PP. Was this a mistake? Should I just wear it over a naked lid? Should I be applying it wet?

nooooo! don't apply it wet. matte shadows tend to freak out and go weird if you get them wet - so that means not even dampening your brush i'm afraid
smiles.gif
however when i use sassy grass i just use udpp as a base and nothing more. then i pack it on with a 239 brush
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
nooooo! don't apply it wet. matte shadows tend to freak out and go weird if you get them wet - so that means not even dampening your brush i'm afraid
smiles.gif
however when i use sassy grass i just use udpp as a base and nothing more. then i pack it on with a 239 brush
smiles.gif

shockt.gif
You're kidding me. That's why I've been having so many issues with Shock-a-holic.
blush-anim-cl.gif
Oops!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
shockt.gif
You're kidding me. That's why I've been having so many issues with Shock-a-holic.
blush-anim-cl.gif
Oops!

yeah mattes really don't like water... they are like gremlins with water!
tong.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
tong.gif

rofl.gif
I'll have to remember that.
tong.gif

Thanks!
thmbup.gif

AndSparkle

I think mattes just suck up any moisture, it's just like have soggy chips!
lol.gif

I think Painterly can be a pain in the butt too though, it tends to eat up vibrant colours, especially if a lot of blending/swiping is going on. Kinda annoying tbh.

Teggy

Yeah? I almost always use Painterly as a base...then again, I also mainly use non-MAC loose eye shadows.

I recall having the same problem with another matte shadow over UDPP that just did not want to smooth out. I may just be better off putting directly on my lids and hoping for the best.

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
tong.gif

greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndSparkle
I think Painterly can be a pain in the butt too though, it tends to eat up vibrant colours, especially if a lot of blending/swiping is going on. Kinda annoying tbh.

I haven't noticed this with Painterly...

MissBrittB87

Huh, that sucks:-( I never had an issue with Painterly....It's my most used base and I really love it! I want to get a few other paint pots though.