MAC Early Buzz - news on products for 2012

paparazziboy

its going to be an online exclusive collection as well as ruffian will be the same way
Have we heard anything about the part of the by request collection that was going to launch in store? I remember when the info first came out it was mentioned there would be a separate vote for an in store collection. I would do anything to get my hands in moxie but Mac's UK website doesn't deliver to Ireland
ssad.gif

Edelmc

its going to be an online exclusive collection as well as ruffian will be the same way
Quote: Originally Posted by Edelmc

Have we heard anything about the part of the by request collection that was going to launch in store? I remember when the info first came out it was mentioned there would be a separate vote for an in store collection. I would do anything to get my hands in moxie but Mac's UK website doesn't deliver to Ireland
ssad.gif
I know moxie is going to be an online exclusive- that's why I can't get it...but I heard there was going to be a second vote for another collection that would be available in store....it was mentioned a few pages back

MrsB

^ LT sounds cute but I may just skip it with all the other great collections coming out. My mua told me about the big fall collection (no name at the time) but he said that the promo image is to die for, think india inspired, deep rich colors. I know it's not much but I thought you guys might like to know (it should be out sometime in august so we have some time)
That sounds amazing! Fall and winter are usually my favourite collections :)

paparazziboy

I know moxie is going to be an online exclusive- that's why I can't get it...but I heard there was going to be a second vote for another collection that would be available in store....it was mentioned a few pages back

i work for mac and we havent heard anything about a second vote being cast

Anitacska

You can always ask for a CP, I for one would be happy to do it. ;)

OctoberViolet

Same here MrsB. My favorite collections are in the Fall & Winter. Then Spring of course. An India inspired collection would be amazing. I wouldn't mind a Dutch collection. Of course the fact that I'm Dutch plays into factor for this. I know OPI just did a Dutch collection and I'm all over that. I'm going to be skipping Lips &Tips. Need to save money for future a/w collections. I am interested in hearing more on the Beth Ditto, Mineralized and other summery collections that will be coming out.

That sounds amazing! Fall and winter are usually my favourite collections
smiles.gif

Pinkdollface

I didn't know you are dutch. I haven't bought any of the Opi Holland polishes so far. I try to buy less polish, but i kinda want at least one of the Holland polishes. Which one do you like most?
An India collection would be really nice. I like that they use lots of colour. My favorite collections are spring and summer collections, because they have lots of colours most of the time.

OctoberViolet

I guess I should say my mom is Dutch. She was born in Holland. I'm Dutch from her...lol. My family is of mixed heritage. Dutch, Spaniard, Greek on mom's side and Russian & Polish on my dad's. I am quite proud to be Dutch. One of these days I want to take my mom back to her home. She was born in Arnhem.

The only two polishes I was able to get from the OPI Holland collection were Dutch 'Ya Just Love OPI (purple) & Pedel Faster Suzi! (pink). There seems to be some really pretty blues & greens in there, but the store I got these from didn't seem to have the full collection. Boo!

katred

Specktra Bestie
^ LT sounds cute but I may just skip it with all the other great collections coming out. My mua told me about the big fall collection (no name at the time) but he said that the promo image is to die for, think india inspired, deep rich colors. I know it's not much but I thought you guys might like to know (it should be out sometime in august so we have some time)
That might be the first big Fall collection, based on the timing (like Mac Me Over and Fabulous Felines). Anything rich and deep sounds right up my alley!!!

Pinkdollface

Wow that's cool that you have family from so many countries. I only have dutch family. That would be so cool to go back to Arnhem with your mom! Have you ever been in another place in Holland before?

To bad your store didn't have the full collection. Maybe you can find some other colours on ebay? I bought OPI on ebay before cause it's cheaper than here and i haven't had problems with it. The colours you got i'm actually interested in. I like the blues and teals in this collection, but i always go for those colours so i want something else.

MACcrazy

That might be the first big Fall collection, based on the timing (like Mac Me Over and Fabulous Felines). Anything rich and deep sounds right up my alley!!!
That's what he said that it'll come out around the time Fabulous Felines came out. they don't have a name for the collection at the moment but I'm sure we'll find out about it soon enough

Prettypackages

It looks like May and August will be big MAC months for me. Not sure about lips and tips, and beth ditto. Also, mineralize eyeshadows have been wrecking havoc on my eyes. So I'll probably skip those. I've given most of mine away.

aradhana

Do we have a date yet for the new blush collection? I believe it comes out in September, I might be wrong though...

oh no.........
i better get depotting fast! or else i won't have any room left in my blush collection to partake!

mac-guy, when you suggested replacing old formulas of blushes, do you mean that you are culling your existing blushes for the new ones you are buying?

Shellcat

Sounds like I am in trouble! I will be moving into my house in late August, so I am going to be pretty busy. But I cannot miss this collection!

Mac-Guy

oh no.........
i better get depotting fast! or else i won't have any room left in my blush collection to partake!

mac-guy, when you suggested replacing old formulas of blushes, do you mean that you are culling your existing blushes for the new ones you are buying?

Yup, I don't keep old products that are out of date when there is a better, newer formula.

romi79_2008

^ he`s right, the older satin formula is much drier than the new one, the new satin bluches blend and apply like a dream. But still i can`t let go of the older one ( meaning 2-3 yrs) because overwhelmed by so many new collection i have items i haven`t used yet. Can you believe i just started using mac fafi fashion frenzy? I thought it won`t suit me and i didn`t use it for more than 3 yrs!!! For me is not having one in each color ( pink, coral, beige etc) but having one in each color and texture (ex pink mate, pink satin, pink shimmery and pink cream blush), love to juggle the textures.

xasperadastra

^ he`s right, the older satin formula is much drier than the new one, the new satin bluches blend and apply like a dream. But still i can`t let go of the older one ( meaning 2-3 yrs) because overwhelmed by so many new collection i have items i haven`t used yet. Can you believe i just started using mac fafi fashion frenzy? I thought it won`t suit me and i didn`t use it for more than 3 yrs!!! For me is not having one in each color ( pink, coral, beige etc) but having one in each color and texture (ex pink mate, pink satin, pink shimmery and pink cream blush), love to juggle the textures.

Sadly I have some items I haven't used yet too (most of all nail polishes!!).. now I have learned what things I buy but don't use too much and I try to buy less ^^... nah it's not true, yesterday I bought three Illamasqua nail polishes ^_________________^'
Anyway I hope to dislike the collections that we'll see in june/july because I know I will like the Fall ones!
I guess the Marylin collection will be similar to Mac me Over.. full of neutrals eyeshadows and red lipsticks..

NessaMBaby

Sounds like I am in trouble! I will be moving into my house in late August, so I am going to be pretty busy. But I cannot miss this collection!

Quote: Originally Posted by MACcrazy

aww..I will be in trouble too. Will be out of town on bed rest too.

Leven

There hasn't been any news on the mineralize collection that comes out at the end of summer right? Im kind of having a MES/MSF moment right now and can't wait to get my hands on some new ones lol I blame this completely on the MES color in Smutty Green
love.gif
I have a slight obsession with smokey/dark teals, greens, and blues.